Windows 10: Using microphone in Windows 10

Discus and support Using microphone in Windows 10 in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Hello can anyone tell me how to give commands using a microphone in Windows 10? I know there's Cortana but I would like to ask google to search for an... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by voo, Aug 11, 2015.

1. VOO
    voo Win User

Using microphone in Windows 10

Hello can anyone tell me how to give commands using a microphone in Windows 10? I know there's Cortana but I would like to ask google to search for an item.

Thanks.

:)

2. Windows 10: After microphone setup and Voice Recognition training HOW do you use Speech Recognition with an application without the microphone icon?

Using Windows 10 on PC (laptop) - microphone is set up and works correctly. Voice recognition training is complete so it all works. However there is no microphone button to turn on the microphone in Windows 10 to use speech recognition in NOTEPAD or any
    other application. I installed a second language and see the Language toolbar but it is missing the microphone icon which was visible in previous versions of Windows.

BRETTFRIEDLI, Aug 11, 2015
  3. Builkt in Microphone

Have been using the built in microphone. Recently did and update to Windows 10 and now the built in Microphone wont work

Rick Hensley, Aug 11, 2015
  4. maarkr Win User

Chrometana is a google extension that allows you to have Cortana search using google???

maarkr, Aug 11, 2015
  5. Hushify Win User
    Enable "Okay Google"

Hushify, Aug 11, 2015
  6. rmonroe36 Win User
    You could install FireFox 40 and make it the default browser. No need for a plug-in. Works with CyberFox also.

Rich

rmonroe36, Aug 11, 2015
  7. VOO
    voo Win User
    Many thanks to maarkr, Hushify and rmonroe 36 for your helpful replies.

Thema:

1. Using microphone in Windows 10 - Similar Threads - Using microphone

2. Windows 10 microphone really low when using browsers, but normal when using downloaded...

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Windows 10 microphone really low when using browsers, but normal when using downloaded...: Windows 10 microphone really low when using browsers, but normal when using downloaded applications like Voice recorder:I Even reset my windows 10 laptop completely and nothing happened.I have tried Updating driversDownloading old driversDownloading new driversIncreasing it...
  3. Windows 10 microphone really low when using browsers, but normal when using downloaded...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 10 microphone really low when using browsers, but normal when using downloaded...: Windows 10 microphone really low when using browsers, but normal when using downloaded applications like Voice recorder:I Even reset my windows 10 laptop completely and nothing happened.I have tried Updating driversDownloading old driversDownloading new driversIncreasing it...
  4. Windows 10 microphone really low when using browsers, but normal when using downloaded...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Is there no way in windows 10 to be in a call, use microphone, and listen to audio from...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Is there no way in windows 10 to be in a call, use microphone, and listen to audio from...: Hi so I recently got a new bluetooth headset and I am now realising that when I connect my headset and join a discord call all my other apps sound is muted. I fixed that by disabling the headset from the "recording" and from the "playback" tabs on the "manage audio devices"...
  6. Is there no way in windows 10 to be in a call, use microphone, and listen to audio from...

Is there no way in windows 10 to be in a call, use microphone, and listen to audio from...: Hi so I recently got a new bluetooth headset and I am now realising that when I connect my headset and join a discord call all my other apps sound is muted. I fixed that by disabling the headset from the "recording" and from the "playback" tabs on the "manage audio devices"...
  7. Is there no way in windows 10 to be in a call, use microphone, and listen to audio from...

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  8. Hollow audio when using microphone

Hollow audio when using microphone: I recently got a new Pc on windows 11 and when I have my microphone in built on my headphones turned on with any audio that's going on like if I'm playing a game then the audio starts to sound really hollow and fuzzy I tried looking at ways to fix it and turned off sound...
  9. Hollow audio when using microphone

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Hollow audio when using microphone: I recently got a new Pc on windows 11 and when I have my microphone in built on my headphones turned on with any audio that's going on like if I'm playing a game then the audio starts to sound really hollow and fuzzy I tried looking at ways to fix it and turned off sound...
  10. Can't use windows camera without microphone permissions

Can't use windows camera without microphone permissions: This has been asked on and off for over 10 years according to google, so Microsoft must be doing some A/B testing nonsense.Why is the camera app forcing me to enable Microphone permissions when it has never forced this before? I don't want an answer about how to enable Mic...