Windows 10: Using MS account on a local account for games..

Discus and support Using MS account on a local account for games.. in User Accounts and Family Safety to solve the problem; I have a laptop and there are two users created......one (A) with admin status and a MS account. The other is (B) with a local account credentials. B... Discussion in 'User Accounts and Family Safety' started by fonzie, Aug 4, 2015.

1. fonzie Win User

Using MS account on a local account for games..

I have a laptop and there are two users created......one (A) with admin status and a MS account. The other is (B) with a local account credentials. B has no MS account.

Can I install games from Windows store on B's login account using my MS account?

...and perhaps some details illustrating the process would be welcome..

Btw.....A and B lives several miles apart.....and the laptop is all the while with B..

Thank you..

:)

fonzie, Aug 4, 2015

2. Windows 10 Local Account

And we get a tutorial that shows us how to create a dang account instead of how to get our . Like we are stupid! Ugh!

local account, Aug 4, 2015
  3. Windows 10 Local Account

I am logged into my Microsoft account and I want to log into the current I have used for years. When I followed instructions, it wants me to create a new instead of just adding the current one. How do I add the current one that
    has all of my settings already established on my computer?

Thanks.

Staci

local account, Aug 4, 2015
  4. Brink
    Brink New Member

Brink, Aug 4, 2015
  5. fonzie Win User
    Thank You Mr Brink for the procedures...done it and all is good...!

Cheers!

fonzie, Aug 4, 2015
  6. Brink
    Brink New Member
    You're most welcome Fonzie. *Smile

Brink, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. Using MS account on a local account for games.. - Similar Threads - Using account local

2. Can not change MS account to local account

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Can not change MS account to local account: I am running 2004 and I set up my laptop with a MS account, I dont like the fact that it shouts my full name everywhere but the setting does not appear anywhere to log in as a local account which it should and I have followed many guides to fix this and none of them did fix...
  3. Can not change MS account to local account

in Windows 10 Support
    Can not change MS account to local account: I am running 2004 and I set up my laptop with a MS account, I dont like the fact that it shouts my full name everywhere but the setting does not appear anywhere to log in as a local account which it should and I have followed many guides to fix this and none of them did fix...
  4. Switching From MS Account To Local Account

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Switching From MS Account To Local Account: In Settings, I'm trying to switch from a MS Account to a Local Account. I'm asked for my name. When I give it I'm told that name is already in use. Of course it is; that's the account I want to use. Can I get past this somehow, and if I do. does that delete my MS Account?...
  5. local account unable to switch to MS account

local account unable to switch to MS account: I tried everything on the account page to no avail. When I googled the issue, I saw many folks with the same issue. How is whis done with Windows 10 Pro 1809? I was told to use a second account for my wife to backup itunes so gave her a local account then cold not get back to...
  6. local account unable to switch to MS account

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    local account unable to switch to MS account: I tried everything on the account page to no avail. When I googled the issue, I saw many folks with the same issue. How is whis done with Windows 10 Pro 1809? I was told to use a second account for my wife to backup itunes so gave her a local account then cold not get back to...
  7. Connect my MS account or use Local account..?

Connect my MS account or use Local account..?: Another compelling reason to use an MS account is that your digital licence gets linked to your hardware id, making it easier to reactivate in even pc fails to activate due to a hardware change/issue.
  8. Using Local and MS accounts

Using Local and MS accounts: I have a computer using a local account. I use the Microsoft account separately to login to apps etc. When using another app I want to login with, I would get the account popup and can select my MS acct. How can I prevent that from accidentally being used in another app, I...
  9. Effect of Signing into MS Account to get Apps if using local account?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Effect of Signing into MS Account to get Apps if using local account?: I run my W10 computer using a local account. I want to avoid using a MS account and don't have one set up one the computer at this time. My local account is the only account. That being said, I was interested in installing a couple of apps from the app store. However, it...
  10. Using MS Store to install apps with Local Account?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Using MS Store to install apps with Local Account?: I know that in Win 8.1 you can use your local account, go to the MS Store and install applications by simply selecting the app and installing it. At most, the system will want you to validate using your MSA, but not insist on switching your account to the MSA. In Win 10...