Windows 10: Using Multi- Monitors ( 3 - 6) - brief intro

Discus and support Using Multi- Monitors ( 3 - 6) - brief intro in Windows 10 Graphic Cards to solve the problem; Hi there For those dabbling with more than 2 monitors this article is a good intro into the sort of hardware you'll need. The complete guide to... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Graphic Cards' started by jimbo45, Oct 1, 2014.

1. jimbo45 Win User

Using Multi- Monitors ( 3 - 6) - brief intro

Hi there

For those dabbling with more than 2 monitors this article is a good intro into the sort of hardware you'll need.

The complete guide to multiple monitors | News | TechRadar

It's actually not too expensive to set up if you want to use 3 / 4 or even 6 monitors.

I got my 3 extra ones today -- I'm hoping to set up a Stock trading system this weekend (I know the markets are closed at the weekends but I've got some simulated trading software for testing !!!).

Note - I'm not advocating the use of the hard / software referred to in the article but just trying to show what you physically NEED to get a load of monitors to work from a single PC which is usually the most confusing bit.

Cheers
    jimbo

:)

jimbo45, Oct 1, 2014
  2. codecore Win User

Creator's Update defaults to iGPU, and Multi Monitor is hosed.

1. Updated to CU.

2. Multi Monitor sees three monitors: [1|3] {2} and [6]. I only have a laptop and a HP w2207h HDMI external. Only laptop is active, and using Intel GPU. Before update, it used NVidia GPU. Yes, I installed NVidia driver 381.65

3. Multiple displays options are: Duplicate desktop on 1 and 3, Extend desktop on 1 and 3 (laptop screen becomes extended screen, and external monitor remains black), Show only 1, Show only 3.

4. Total Annihilation no longer works, even when configured to use NVidia GPU.

codecore, Oct 1, 2014
  3. Display and scaling issues on Windows 10

Hi,

So recently I purchased a new 27" 4K monitor and upgraded my machine from win 8.1 to win 10 in order to get better support for higher DPI for my multi monitor rig.

Here are when the problems started:

1. the main problem is that with the main monitor set to 175% scale (looks good) the two other monitors are set to 100% scaling - (icons/text looks giant - basically almost unusable). If I set it to a lower scaling (on the 4K monitor) I can't read the text
    or see the icons as they are so small.

2. when the monitors goes to sleep things get massed up - icons on the main monitor turn tiny and open tabs on the main monitor move to the 24" monitor for no reason.

My system:

Intel 6 core + Asus X99, 32GB ram. Asus GTX970 (362.00 drivers).

Nvidia driver

Displays:

1. 27" Dell 4K - main.

2. 24" Dell 1920x1200.

3. 23" LG 1680x1050.

Ideas on what I can do?

Iddo

Original title: Windows 10 Multi monitor - 4K DPI problems

iddo genuth, Oct 1, 2014
  4. Using Multi- Monitors ( 3 - 6) - brief intro

Thanks for the link, Jimbo. I have it bookmarked to look at more closely when I have more time. Once I get my ADF relocated from my desk (will require a bit of carpentry), I'm planning on upgrading from my 22" monitor to three 24".

Lady Fitzgerald, Oct 1, 2014
Thema:

Using Multi- Monitors ( 3 - 6) - brief intro

1. Using Multi- Monitors ( 3 - 6) - brief intro - Similar Threads - Using Multi Monitors

2. intro

in Windows 10 Gaming
    intro: *Openings - This will set the tone of the message** Hi [Customer Name] Thank you for contacting us. My name is [Ambassador Name] and I'm a Microsoft Ambassador. To maximize your support experience, please refrain from closing this browser on your end and stay in front of the...
  3. intro

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    intro: *Openings - This will set the tone of the message** Hi [Customer Name] Thank you for contacting us. My name is [Ambassador Name] and I'm a Microsoft Ambassador. To maximize your support experience, please refrain from closing this browser on your end and stay in front of the...
  4. Multi-Monitor Setup using Laptop

in Windows 10 Customization
    Multi-Monitor Setup using Laptop: Hello, I want to connect my Lenovo laptop to TWO Dell monitors, so that will be 3 screens in total including the laptops screen. However I only need the laptop to act as a PC, I don't need its screen. As my Lenovo laptop only has a single HDMI output I purchased a Techole...
  5. Multi monitor freeze

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    Multi monitor freeze: Hello I have a problem with my computer I tried so many solutions on google with contacting Microsoft support and still no fix, so I ended up here to get help as you guys helped me before in the BSOD problem. My problem my mouse pointer freeze for a split second...
  6. Unique Brief Flickering with Monitors

Unique Brief Flickering with Monitors: I have two monitors (MSI Optix MAG24x), just bought in Dec of 2019. The flickering only happens when both are turned on. The flicker is very brief and only happens in the top 1/4 of both monitors. I never had this issue before. I did recently do a Windows reset (fully...
  7. Unique Brief Flickering with Monitors

in Windows 10 Support
    Unique Brief Flickering with Monitors: I have two monitors (MSI Optix MAG24x), just bought in Dec of 2019. The flickering only happens when both are turned on. The flicker is very brief and only happens in the top 1/4 of both monitors. I never had this issue before. I did recently do a Windows reset (fully...
  8. Using 3 monitors with Docking Station

Using 3 monitors with Docking Station: Hello, I have a user set up on a Windows 10 laptop. They are utilizing a docking station and when it is hooked up, we have to adjust the display so they can use the laptop with 2 additional monitors. We have to change the second monitor to "Extend this display". When they...
  9. Using 3 monitors with Docking Station

in Windows 10 Support
    Using 3 monitors with Docking Station: Hello, I have a user set up on a Windows 10 laptop. They are utilizing a docking station and when it is hooked up, we have to adjust the display so they can use the laptop with 2 additional monitors. We have to change the second monitor to "Extend this display". When they...
  10. Multi-monitor taskbar

in Windows 10 Support
    Multi-monitor taskbar: Is there a way to duplicate the taskbar to my second monitor? Right now, there are no toolbars, notification icons, search or date/clock. thanks. 10480