Windows 10: Using speech in your UWP apps: It’s good to talk

Discus and support Using speech in your UWP apps: It’s good to talk in Windows 10 News to solve the problem; As developers, we adapt as technologies move from the realm of Science Fiction into readily available SDKs. That’s certainly, or perhaps especially,... Discussion in 'Windows 10 News' started by Brink, May 16, 2016.

1. Brink
    Brink New Member

Using speech in your UWP apps: It’s good to talk

Read more: Using speech in your UWP apps: Its good to talk | Building Apps for Windows

:)

Brink, May 16, 2016
  2. hadimassa Win User

Nokia Vopi SIP - How to active Comfort Noise CN?

These (PCMU, PCMA, iLBC) are narrow band speech codecs used by VOIP apps like Google Talk. I really don't understand why you want to add noise when you've te advantage of such good speech quality.

hadimassa, May 16, 2016
  3. Jaaggs Win User
    Any Speech to Text App for Windows Phone 7

is there any Speech to Text app for Windows Phone 7 / Samsung Focus out there?

And I'm NOT talking about how to use speech for search but to use speech to send text message instead or to use speech to take plain text note/One Note/Word etc...

Many thanks!

Jaaggs, May 16, 2016
Thema:

Using speech in your UWP apps: It’s good to talk

1. Using speech in your UWP apps: It’s good to talk - Similar Threads - Using speech UWP

2. Using speech to log in?

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Using speech to log in?: Hi all,I am trying to find a way to use speech to sign into Windows. I've tried using windows speech recognition set to launch on startup with no luck. The same is true for software like Fusion 360 and Dragon Naturally Speaking.Ideally, we would need a way to enter the user...
  3. Using speech to log in?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Using speech to log in?: Hi all,I am trying to find a way to use speech to sign into Windows. I've tried using windows speech recognition set to launch on startup with no luck. The same is true for software like Fusion 360 and Dragon Naturally Speaking.Ideally, we would need a way to enter the user...
  4. Using speech to log in?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Use Cellular data for non UWP/WinUI apps

Use Cellular data for non UWP/WinUI apps: Is there any way to allow usage of cellular data for programs I've installed that were not installed from the Microsoft store? It's frustrating to have unlimited data and be crippled by the fact I can't access them unless they're on Wifi. What's the point of having Cellular...
  6. Can't use Uwp apps :

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Can't use Uwp apps :: Everytime I want to open up a Windows 10 uwp app this pops up. Everytime I open up a Windows 8.1 uwp app it just immorality closes after 2 seconds of being opened. I've tried everything from dcim, sfc, troubleshooter, resetting the apps. I officially think the account is...
  7. UWP Single App Kiosk - Activate Online Speech Recognition

in Windows 10 Customization
    UWP Single App Kiosk - Activate Online Speech Recognition: Hi, Has someone an idea about how to activate Online Speech Recognition on a Single-App Kiosk account ? I would like to activate it to be able to use the Touch Keyboard Speech-to-Text option on my UWP app. Regards, Nicsi....
  8. From keyboard via Text-to-speech To Microphone Talk?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    From keyboard via Text-to-speech To Microphone Talk?: Hi All, Its me first post on your forum so I hope it is located in the right section. Due to my relative, living in same apartment going to sleep much earlier than me and not wanting to wake my relative up, I have to find a solution. I talk on microphone a lot but if I...
  9. any good speech-to-text freeware?

any good speech-to-text freeware?: I use speech to text frequently with my iPhone because I don't do well with the virtual keyboard. and I like the autocorrect for thingls like dont and cant. I'm pretty good with my desktop REAL keyboard, but I just got a microphone after my upgrade to Windows 10 and Cortana....
  10. Bringing your existing desktop apps to UWP

in Windows 10 News
    Bringing your existing desktop apps to UWP: At Build 2016, we showed you how to use the Desktop App Converter to bring your existing desktop applications to the universal .appx packaging format as a first step to bringing your application to the Universal Windows Platform (UWP). Once on UWP, your apps are easier for...