Windows 10: Using the current device's product key on my another device.

Discus and support Using the current device's product key on my another device. in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; Hello, My 6 year old PC has Windows 10 PRO (Retail License). It came with Windows 7 Home which also was successfully upgraded to Windows 10 Home (OEM... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by RK1997, Jun 14, 2018.

1. RK1997 Win User

Using the current device's product key on my another device.

Hello,
    My 6 year old PC has Windows 10 PRO (Retail License). It came with Windows 7 Home which also was successfully upgraded to Windows 10 Home (OEM License). Now, I have bought a new PC which came with Windows 10 Home. How do I use my retail PRO product key in my new laptop for upgrading to Pro? I also asked the Microsoft Community but they were unable to solve my problem (Using the current devices product key on my another device. - Microsoft Community).

:)

RK1997, Jun 14, 2018
  2. CarolKopp Win User

My Product Key

I have hit another roadblock in my marathon two-day attempt to restore the laptop that Windows 10 destroyed. I do not have the product key for the device, so cannot even revert to Windows 8.1. The product key is not shown in the Amazon purchase listing for the device, and I long ago lost the paperwork. Is there any way I can look it up (keeping in mind of course that the device itself is utterly unusable in its current state)?

CarolKopp, Jun 14, 2018
  3. Device Manager Un-Hiding Hidden Devices

When you connect a plug and play device, Windows Plug and Play manager detects it, finds and installs the driver. Device Manager lists the device with a solid icon.

The driver is only removed when you uninstall the device, not simply by disconnecting the device. When the device is disconnected, its driver is still installed. By default, Device Manager only displays connected devices. When you show hidden devices, note the Bluetooth icon you see is semi-transparent (not opaque). That indicates a "non-present" device. Sometimes also called a "ghost" device. The driver is still installed but the device is not currently detected (i.e. not connected).

Device can be disconnected when
    • Device unplugged (e.g. removing a USB device)
    • Turning a device OFF
    • Disabling the device in BIOS (then windows won't detect it) or
    • Device failure

So
    • Check BIOS as suggested
    • Check board connections
    • Can b/t be turned off by a switch? or keyboard combination?
    Also possible the b/t h/w failed

ComputerGeek, Jun 14, 2018
  4. Using the current device's product key on my another device.

X800 GTO2 = Unknown Device

I flashed the BIOS on my X800 GTO2 last night and it is listed in the Device Manager as an Unknown Device. Is this normal?

blsnelling, Jun 14, 2018
Thema:

Using the current device's product key on my another device.

1. Using the current device's product key on my another device. - Similar Threads - Using current device's

2. Windows code says "Product key used on another device"

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows code says "Product key used on another device": I tried to activate windows 11 Pro N using 11 Pro I dont know why i selected 11 pro N without knowing the difference when i installed windows on my new pc a few days ago then i was told i couldnt do that so i just did a clean install of windows. In the new install, the dark...
  3. Windows code says "Product key used on another device"

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows code says "Product key used on another device": I tried to activate windows 11 Pro N using 11 Pro I dont know why i selected 11 pro N without knowing the difference when i installed windows on my new pc a few days ago then i was told i couldnt do that so i just did a clean install of windows. In the new install, the dark...
  4. Product key being used by different device

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Product key being used by different device: I built a new pc about a week ago, installed a fresh version of windows purchased through a retailer, all of the sudden I’m getting the activate windows watermark and once I try to troubleshoot it says I cannot activate because my product key is already being used? I bought...
  5. Product key being used by different device

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Product key being used by different device: I built a new pc about a week ago, installed a fresh version of windows purchased through a retailer, all of the sudden I’m getting the activate windows watermark and once I try to troubleshoot it says I cannot activate because my product key is already being used? I bought...
  6. Product Key says it is being used on another device?

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Product Key says it is being used on another device?: Hi, I have had my computer for 4+ years, I recently got a new motherboard and CPU and re-installed windows, but was having issues with my PC bluescreening, and after running tests assumed my motherboard was no good. Just yesterday I got a new one, and obviously, my PC is...
  7. This device is currently waiting on another device (Code 51)

in Windows 10 News
    This device is currently waiting on another device (Code 51): [ATTACH]It is possible that devices need to wait for each other to either complete […] This article This device is currently waiting on another device (Code 51) first appeared on TheWindowsClub.com. read more...
  8. Windows activation key used on another device

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Windows activation key used on another device: I recently installed windows 10 on a virtual machine, and used my activation key on it and it worked fine. I then deleted it, made another, activated windows and it r was fine. I libked it with an ms account, and then I deleted the vm. Now, on the new one, it says i am using...
  9. Can't activate Windows because "the product key was already used on another device".

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Can't activate Windows because "the product key was already used on another device".: I don't know what else to say here. I recently got the latest version of Windows 10 and I haven't had Windows 10 activated for a while. After resetting for the first time which was a year ago, I found that I was unable to activate windows again on this device because it was...
  10. Key Product Devices

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Key Product Devices: How can I find out how many devices are attached to my key product? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/key-product-devices/5b265e0c-986d-4570-9038-59fb5e4259e0

Users found this page by searching for:

1. how can i export my current devices system to another device

2. switching products keys to another device

3. how to use windows product key on another hardware

4. message states windows product key is on another device