Windows 10: Using the network resources with the Windows 10 v1703 DVD

Discus and support Using the network resources with the Windows 10 v1703 DVD in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Hi Using the Command Prompt of Windows 10 v1703 DVD, how do I access network resources? For example, I tried to use the "net view" command, but... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by balubeto, Jul 10, 2017.

1. balubeto Win User

Using the network resources with the Windows 10 v1703 DVD

Hi

Using the Command Prompt of Windows 10 v1703 DVD, how do I access network resources?

For example, I tried to use the "net view" command, but Windows PE writes "Service Not Started". Why?

Thanks

Bye

:)

balubeto, Jul 10, 2017
  2. garybear89, Jul 10, 2017
  3. Ugo Lopez Win User
    Ugo Lopez, Jul 10, 2017
  4. Samuria Win User

What exactly do you want to do?

Samuria, Jul 10, 2017
  5. balubeto Win User
    Simple, I would like to access the shared folders of a network using Windows PE that is contained in the Windows 10 v1703 DVD.

So, how do I do this?

Thanks

Bye

balubeto, Jul 11, 2017
  6. balubeto Win User
    I noticed that if I run the "startnet.cmd" script, Windows PE activates the network components. Right?

Now, when I type "net view", the networked computers are not shown because they do not belong to the same workgroup.

Then, in Windows PE, how do I display the name of the workgroup on a network so that I can change in this mini-OS?

It is also possible to view and write access to shared folders on a network even if the its workgroup is different than Windows PE? If so, how can I do it?

Thanks

Bye

balubeto, Jul 12, 2017
  7. Kari Win User
    • Run startnet.cmd which in its turn runs wpeinit command
    • Access network share with net use W: \\IP-Address\ShareName
    This gives you access to a network share.

Using the network resources with the Windows 10 v1703 DVD [​IMG]

Notice:
    • You need to use IP address of target machine instead of PC name. If target machine where the share Downloads is located is W10PC-01 and its IP address is 192.168.2.109, share access fails using \\W10PC-01\Downloads, but will be granted using \\192.168.2.109\Downloads
    • NET VIEW will not work, you can only access specific shares as told above

Kari, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. Using the network resources with the Windows 10 v1703 DVD - Similar Threads - Using network resources

2. The feature you are trying to use is on a network resource that is unavailable

in Windows 10 Gaming
    The feature you are trying to use is on a network resource that is unavailable: Dear community,I have a question regarding the issues I'm having with my Windows 10 device.I'm trying to install the Steelseries GG Engine and sadly it doesn't want to install because of the warning, The feature you are trying to use is on a network resource that is...
  3. The feature you are trying to use is on a network resource that is available.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    The feature you are trying to use is on a network resource that is available.: i get this message everytime help please https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/the-feature-you-are-trying-to-use-is-on-a-network/3560bfda-1e16-42c1-aebd-63bb84d08526
  4. The feature you are trying to use is on a network resource that is unavailable

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    The feature you are trying to use is on a network resource that is unavailable: In Windows 10 machine currently we are facing this Issue "The feature you are trying to use is on a network resource that is unavailable" while Chrome,Zoom and some other application. The Issue resolved using the Troubleshooter provided by Microsoft. But we need to find...
  5. the feature you are trying to use is in a network resource that is unavailable

the feature you are trying to use is in a network resource that is unavailable: [ATTACH] This morning when i went to open the Game civ 6 through epic launcher, i got the attached pop up after the 2K launcher appears to download an update., after clicking on yes, i get another message also attached. [ATTACH] I have tried to find similar issues on...
  6. Feature you are trying to use is on a network resources that is unavailable

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Feature you are trying to use is on a network resources that is unavailable: Hello and hi, I am currently using Sage UBS 2015, which is accounting software to prepare for the account of my firm's clients. The problem started yesterday 09/02/2021 in which when I am trying to click the BACKUP or RESTORE on the sofware , a window pop up showing...
  7. The feature you are trying to use is on a network resource that is unavailable

The feature you are trying to use is on a network resource that is unavailable: Hi All, I'm trying to install Citrix Workspace App or VMware Horizon client or Microsoft visual c++ redistributable x86 on my Windows 10 PC but getting the error 'The feature you are trying to use is on a network resource that is unavailable'. I believe any...
  8. "The feature you are trying to use is on a network resource" error

in Windows 10 Support
    "The feature you are trying to use is on a network resource" error: When the last major windows 10 update came out I updated like normal. I then went to play my copy of Age of Empires 2 the Conquerors and I kept getting the error " Could not initialize graphics system. Make sure that your video card and driver are compatible with direct draw"...
  9. The feature you are trying to use is on a network resource that is unavailable

The feature you are trying to use is on a network resource that is unavailable: When the last major windows 10 update came out I updated like normal. I then went to play my cracked copy of Age of Empires 2 the Conquerors and I kept getting the error " Could not initialize graphics system. Make sure that your video card and driver are compatible with...
  10. Windows 10 v1703 DVD Command Prompt and access to the LAN

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Windows 10 v1703 DVD Command Prompt and access to the LAN: Hi I'm using the Windows 10 v1703 DVD Command Prompt to connect to my LAN but I can't do it. I tried to start the Workstation service with the command: net start workstationbut, then, when I ping to a computer (using its IP), I see that all the data sent is lost. Why?...