Windows 10: Using UBCD, get black screen when I am waiting for Parted Magic

Discus and support Using UBCD, get black screen when I am waiting for Parted Magic in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I am having an issue using parted magic on the Ultimate Boot CD. I can't make it into the program with any of the three choices. I would like to scan... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by batsko, Dec 19, 2016.

1. batsko Win User

Using UBCD, get black screen when I am waiting for Parted Magic

I am having an issue using parted magic on the Ultimate Boot CD. I can't make it into the program with any of the three choices. I would like to scan some hdds and sdd while they aren't booted to make sure there are no virus'. There's clamav and fprot on there.
    I prioritized boot from dvd drive. Security is disabled in bios. I have to use AHCI made as UEFI ignores the cd. Any ideas on what to do next to make it work?

:)

batsko, Dec 19, 2016

2. Win10 "fast start up" (quick boot) Warning / Suggestion for users

Thanks for the reply. I'm glad you were able to get ubcd to work for you, as I am stuck. The only two utilities that look like they could recover files are in parted magic but I'm having trouble mounting my external drive to get the data onto it . My situation
    is laptop hard drives and I have nothing to slave a drive with so it is pretty slow going as i can only boot from ubcd with the bad drive in the machine and an external drive in a usb port. Thanks for your help. If you think of what specific utility you used
    let me know! Using UBCD, get black screen when I am waiting for Parted Magic :)

AlisonMadrey, Dec 19, 2016
  3. BSOD with unmounted drive.

Cactus,

I came upon your thread while trying to research fixes for a similar though not identical issue. I have downloaded ubcd and plan to run it on usb drive with the ultimate goal of just seeing if I can retrieve any files with parted magic. If that is all i
    intend to do, do I need to customize ubcd in any way for Windows 10? And how big a drive am I going to need? Sorry for asking but I've searched around for these answers and it seems like most of the ubcd help info and tutorials are written for people who already
    know what they are doing.

AlisonMadrey, Dec 19, 2016
  4. Using UBCD, get black screen when I am waiting for Parted Magic

Could I just ask a clarifying question. When you say Security is disabled in BIOS do you mean Secure-Boot is disabled?

Caledon Ken, Dec 20, 2016
  5. batsko Win User
    yes. Secure boot is what I meant.

batsko, Dec 20, 2016
  6. Just to isolate any possible issues with disc, can you use Parted magic from this disc on another device? Do other programs from the UBCD work?

So I'm reading the UBCD boots, you select the option to start Parted Magic and at this point screen goes blank.

Addition: This is an old thread but could be applicable. You mentioned changing UEFI to ACHI. First response to this thread was set Bios from UEFI to Legacy Bios compatibility mode. Not sure if you have this option but thought worth mentioning.

Ultimate Boot CD • View topic - Parted Magic display problem

Caledon Ken, Dec 21, 2016
  7. batsko Win User
    Yes, I am able to boot Linux install cd and also this cd. I made it to the main menu for UBCD, but I couldn't make it into parted magic after selection menu for way to run parted magic. There is a load on ram option and a use the disk option and neither works on my laptop, but the using of the cd works on our desktop. Neither works for my laptop I am trying to error check. I do not have that option, thanks.

edit: I tried every type of boot config: UEFI, USB legacy enable, boot speed normal, security in bios disabled, cd top priority, CSM boot, AHCI, and compatability = IDE.

batsko, Dec 21, 2016
  8. spunk Win User

spunk, Dec 21, 2016
  9. batsko Win User
    batsko, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

1. Using UBCD, get black screen when I am waiting for Parted Magic - Similar Threads - Using UBCD black

2. Part of my screen is black

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Part of my screen is black: Part of my screen down right is black like this. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/part-of-my-screen-is-black/dd0de81b-54f1-4388-be18-a057aa762406
  3. Part of my screen is black

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Part of my screen is black: Part of my screen down right is black like this. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/part-of-my-screen-is-black/dd0de81b-54f1-4388-be18-a057aa762406
  4. my screen keeps becoming black when i highlight a part of it

in Windows 10 Gaming
    my screen keeps becoming black when i highlight a part of it: my screen keeps becoming black when i highlight a part and i feel like its a virus or something https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-screen-keeps-becoming-black-when-i-highlight-a/0aa6aaaa-734d-4feb-8f8d-8e4108a57a92
  5. my screen keeps becoming black when i highlight a part of it

my screen keeps becoming black when i highlight a part of it: my screen keeps becoming black when i highlight a part and i feel like its a virus or something https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-screen-keeps-becoming-black-when-i-highlight-a/0aa6aaaa-734d-4feb-8f8d-8e4108a57a92
  6. Bottom part of screen is black.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Bottom part of screen is black.: The bottom part of my screen has gone black. When i leave my laptop open for about 30 minutes the black bar dissapears and its okay again. Whenever i open my laptop after shutting it down the black bar reappears. It is growing day by day....
  7. Bottom part of screen is black.

Bottom part of screen is black.: The bottom part of my screen has gone black. When i leave my laptop open for about 30 minutes the black bar dissapears and its okay again. Whenever i open my laptop after shutting it down the black bar reappears. It is growing day by day....
  8. Black screen + please wait

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Black screen + please wait: Hello guysSo I have this problem with my laptop ROG STRIX, this started happening after I tried updating, but I think something went wrong and the last thing I saw is that it was undoing the changes.When powering on, it says please wait for a long period of time, like 10-15...
  9. Black screen + please wait

Black screen + please wait: Hello guysSo I have this problem with my laptop ROG STRIX, this started happening after I tried updating, but I think something went wrong and the last thing I saw is that it was undoing the changes.When powering on, it says please wait for a long period of time, like 10-15...
  10. Parts of the screen inverted/black

in Windows 10 Customization
    Parts of the screen inverted/black: A lot of parts of the screen are randomly turning black. I have no idea what could be causing this. The issue isn't just in one app, It comes up in chrome, word, excel, task manager, file explorer and others. I'm using a surface pro. I anyone had any ideas how this started I...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. Ultimate boot cd parted magic black screen