Windows 10: Using USB printer as wireless printer

Discus and support Using USB printer as wireless printer in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Hi My grandson had a USB non wireless printer, which he is trying to make wireless, he has a BT home hub 5 which he believes he can use for this... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by reddwarf4ever, Jul 28, 2017.

1. Using USB printer as wireless printer

Hi

My grandson had a USB non wireless printer, which he is trying to make wireless, he has a BT home hub 5 which he believes he can use for this purpose, using the home hub USB port

i have researched this, but cannot find a way, other than with a printsetver.

he says the printer is recognized but nothing prints, would really appreciate some ad ice please

thanks

:)

reddwarf4ever, Jul 28, 2017
  2. Linney Win User

How to set up Windows 10 to allow both printing with the USB as well as wireless to my HP Desktop printer?

"Note: The printer can be connected by a USB cable to a computer and also be connected to a wireless network. Both USB and wireless connections can be active and used at the same time. At the end of the conversion process, you may be given the option to
    either keep or delete the USB printer driver. If you choose to keep it, you will have two printer icons with the printer’s model name in the computer’s printer folder. One icon will be the printer originally installed and used over the USB connection. The
    second icon was just installed and should be used when using the printer over the network connection."

Convert from a USB connected printer to wireless

Convert from a USB to wireless | Wireless Printing Center | HP® Australia

Accepted Solution Can I use both USB & Wireless connection​s on OfficeJet 6700?

Solved: Can I use both USB & Wireless connections on OfficeJet 6700? - HP Support Forum - 1909077

on my wireless printer can i use both usb and wireless at the same time

on my wireless printer can i use both usb and wireless at th... - HP Support Forum - 1299067

The answer might be to try it and see what happens? You might end up with two printers on your machine with only one of them set as the Default Printer. Every time you print (from the double connection machine) then you might have to select either the
    Default Printer or the other Printer depending on where/how you are printing.

Linney, Jul 28, 2017
  3. BCmd Win User
    Computer settings to allow printing using either wireless or USB for a HP 8620 printer

Using Windows 10. Printer works when connected via USB but need to enable 'network' access to print via wireless

Printer shows wireless connection and both computer/printer have same wireless connection

4. bro67 Win User

Using USB printer as wireless printer

He would need to have it shared from a computer like old school. There are Gateways with USB ports for printers. The Synology NAS that I use, allows for a Wireless or USB printer to host off through CUPS and also Google Cloud Print, which has happened with Chrome and High Sierra at this point.

bro67, Jul 28, 2017
  5. swarfega Win User
    Also check out this thread, see if it can help.

swarfega, Jul 28, 2017
  6. Looks like it's not really, easily possible ( if at all ) is it possible to convert an old router to a printer server ?

reddwarf4ever, Jul 28, 2017
  7. bro67 Win User
    Only if it has a USB port that the WRT firmware could do. Most routers do not have enough RAM or horsepower to handle the spooling.

bro67, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

Using USB printer as wireless printer

1. Using USB printer as wireless printer - Similar Threads - Using USB printer

2. wireless printer

in Windows 10 Gaming
    wireless printer: I cannot get my wireless printer connected to my desktop and i cannot print any documents. I had to send my desktop for repair. I had windows 10 installed but when i received the computer back it had an unsupported windows 7 installed. How do i fix this to allow me to connect...
  3. wireless printer

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    wireless printer: I cannot get my wireless printer connected to my desktop and i cannot print any documents. I had to send my desktop for repair. I had windows 10 installed but when i received the computer back it had an unsupported windows 7 installed. How do i fix this to allow me to connect...
  4. wireless printer

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    wireless printer: my laptop cannot communicate with my wireless printer in windows 10 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/wireless-printer/9c283526-ae42-40e2-854a-1515ba3d697d
  5. wireless printer

wireless printer: I just recently purchased an HP wireless printer and it was working until the update and now the computer doesn't recognize it. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/wireless-printer/11b9f753-3e5d-498e-8da8-d1c9e84e4ef0
  6. Wireless Print to USB Printer

Wireless Print to USB Printer: My daughter has a Canon IMAGE Class MF236 USB only laser printer which is connected to her desktop Windows 10 PC. She has a Widows laptop (I think it's Windows 10) that she wants to print to her Canon printer. Is there a way to do this? 166226
  7. wireless printer

wireless printer: hi I have a little wireless printer that I'm not sure how to get set up as its not recognising it - I've downloaded the printer drives from the manufacturer but Microsoft keeps telling me it can set it all up and doesn't need them... Still no printer recognised.........
  8. Converting Printer from USB to Wireless

Converting Printer from USB to Wireless: How can I convert my HP Photosmart C4580 printer from USB to wireless? Using Windows 10. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/converting-printer-from-usb-to-wireless/61750c71-d19f-40fc-a3a6-08b5c1ae01fa
  9. wireless printer

in Windows 10 Customization
    wireless printer: Can I hook wireless printer up to Toshiba laptop CL45-C4370? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/wireless-printer/86239090-24c6-4b39-93c3-541a977ac907
  10. Wireless Printer

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Wireless Printer: I have a brand new HP desktop computer and my Canon wireless printer will not connect via wifi. The printer is set as default but remains offline. Please help! https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/wireless-printer/771ea4bb-83df-4d3e-a3bb-78368470a328