Windows 10: Using VPN inside my home LAN?

Discus and support Using VPN inside my home LAN? in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; It has nothing to do with Outlook, webmail. No email is encrypted over https. You would need to use a SSL certificate and PGP type encryption, with the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by antares, Jul 1, 2016.

1. bro67 Win User

Using VPN inside my home LAN?

It has nothing to do with Outlook, webmail. No email is encrypted over https. You would need to use a SSL certificate and PGP type encryption, with the receiver having a key to unlock what is encrypted in the email. Anything you send over the web is going to be seen "in the clear" if someone finds a way to get within the inside boundaries of a router between you and whatever website you are going to.

You have to remember that a single server can host many websites. Especially if they are using Docker to host websites. A connection and website is only as good in security, as the person or persons maintaining it.

bro67, Jul 5, 2016
  2. antares Win User

Maybe I think that because whenever I use Gmail or Yahoo webmail I see that the connection is encrypted (there's a lock with https during all the session) from the time you sign in until sign out, so it works like a point to point encryption similar to that used in Whatsapp messages. In the past the encryption was only applied to the password/username exchange.

antares, Jul 5, 2016
  3. NavyLCDR New Member
    The data transmission of the email is secure/encrypted. The storage of that email on Gmail servers...not as much.

Is Gmail Safe For Work? -Kaspersky Daily |

NavyLCDR, Jul 5, 2016
  4. bro67 Win User

Regardless of that little lock you see. Your email is still sent in the clear, same as your loging information.

There is no encryption when you connect to a https website that uses or does not use SSL.

Unless you use a VPN to connect directly to an email server. Everything you do online, can be seen by anyone that may be looking at ways to get around security protocols on a website.

bro67, Jul 5, 2016
  5. NavyLCDR New Member
    So, then, I guess all my banking information is sent in the clear too, because it goes by https:// with a lock symbol too. I would suggest you do a bit more reading to familiarize yourself with what https:// and the lock symbol means.

How does HTTPS actually work? | Robert Heaton

Mixed content blocking in Firefox | Firefox Help

Using VPN inside my home LAN? [​IMG]

I guess Firefox must by lying about gmail.

Using VPN inside my home LAN? [​IMG]

NavyLCDR, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. Using VPN inside my home LAN? - Similar Threads - Using VPN inside

2. Window 11 Home Insider cannot connect VPN L2TP

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Window 11 Home Insider cannot connect VPN L2TP: Dear Microsoft Team,Good day to all of you.Could you please advise me to solve this problem?FYI, I am working from home by accessing VPN and remoting to the office. My personal laptop's window version is Window 11 Home Insider Preview Single Language as the attached picture...
  3. Window 11 Home Insider cannot connect VPN L2TP

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Window 11 Home Insider cannot connect VPN L2TP: Dear Microsoft Team,Good day to all of you.Could you please advise me to solve this problem?FYI, I am working from home by accessing VPN and remoting to the office. My personal laptop's window version is Window 11 Home Insider Preview Single Language as the attached picture...
  4. VPN LAN problem

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    VPN LAN problem: I have a windows 10 work laptop (I dont have admin rights on this computer) that has a VPN installed (this is labelled WAN Miniport (SSTP). When the VPN is connected I am unable to access any devices on my home network. This includes storage which is located on my local...
  5. VPN to my home?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    VPN to my home?: Hello, at home i have a hard drive connected to the network, and from work i would like to be able to access it, through my desktop computer at home, how should i configure the vpn and what programs should i use? Thanks to all of you. submitted by /u/TheKeppler [link]...
  6. Switching from Office-LAN to Homeoffice VPN

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Switching from Office-LAN to Homeoffice VPN: Hello, I regularly encounter a problem with getting access to folders on fileserver and exchange after going home from office. For example: I leave office with several files (local on machine and from fileserver) an/or programs still open. I just put my laptop into...
  7. Home LAN Connection

Home LAN Connection: I have an older desktop PC that mysteriously began changing it's LAN network name all on it's own sometime last night, which causes a loss of network connection and internet access. Hot boot/restart restores the network name to "NETWORK 2" but within and hour or so the...
  8. Two Ethernet Connections for Simultaneous VPN and LAN

Two Ethernet Connections for Simultaneous VPN and LAN: Hey Guys, I've got an interesting question for you guys: I'd like to be able to place a computer inside a VPN protected network for me to access. This is easy and will be no problem. I would also like to remote desktop into this computer so that I can run specific software...
  9. tryin to use a pc on my lan

tryin to use a pc on my lan: when I press on the network icon in my computer window it ask me to type a username and password . how can get that username and password ? I want to access one pc on my lan from another pc , if you please explain how to establish that from the beginning step by step .thanks...
  10. Best FREE vpn client? Need to connect to my home VPN

Best FREE vpn client? Need to connect to my home VPN: I created a remote access VPN (l2tp/ipsec) on my router at my house. If I want to connect to my VPN server remotely ,what do you suggest as a good free vpn client? I know windows 10 has a built in vpn client, but would I notice any improvments (speed, stability, etc) using...