Windows 10: Using windows 10, no hdmi output

Discus and support Using windows 10, no hdmi output in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Using windows 10, no hdmi output to miniprojector for ppt presentation. How do I send image to projector?... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by ARKMS, Jul 17, 2018.

1. ARKMS Win User

Using windows 10, no hdmi output

Using windows 10, no hdmi output to miniprojector for ppt presentation. How do I send image to projector?

:)

ARKMS, Jul 17, 2018

2. HDMI

Hi Craig,

We appreciate your interest in Windows 10.

Please try the methods below and check if it works.

Method 1:

I would suggest you to follow the steps and check.

Let’s first check if “HDMI Output” is selected as the default device.

Follow these steps:

• Click Start and select
      Control Panel.
    • On the right hand side of the screen, under
      View by: click the drop-down icon and select Large icons.
    • Click Sound.
    • If you do not have the
      HDMI Output listed under “Playback” tab, right click in the
      playback window and select Show Disabled Device and
      Show Disconnected Device.
    • If the HDMI Output option appears, right-click
      HDMI Output and select Default
      Device.
    Now the audio must be playing on HDMI

Method 2:

I suggest you to update the HDMI drivers. Refer the below link to check how to update drivers in Windows 10.

How to: Install and Update drivers in
    Windows 10

If the issue persist, try to update the recent HDMI drivers from the manufacturer’s website and check if the issue is resolved.

I hope the above information helps. Kindly let us know if you need any further assistance with Windows. We are glad to assist you.

Thank you.

Kiran Kishore, Jul 17, 2018
  3. HDMI

I tried them all nothing worked no driver updates are not available from MS or HP

craigsawyer, Jul 17, 2018
  4. Using windows 10, no hdmi output

Is it possible to play sound through headphones and HDMI output simultaneously?

Hi David,

I would like to inform that it is not possible to output sound through both the HDMI and the headphone jack simultaneously.

But you can watch video through HDMI and listen via headphone jack.

Follow the steps below.

• Right click on the speaker icon in the taskbar
    • Left click playback devices
    • Right click HDMI
    • Select Disable.

Hope this information helps.

Regards,

Guru Kiran

Guru Kiran G, Jul 17, 2018
Thema:

Using windows 10, no hdmi output

1. Using windows 10, no hdmi output - Similar Threads - Using hdmi output

2. hdmi output

in Windows 10 Customization
    hdmi output: i am not getting any sound or video from my hdmi. what should i try? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/hdmi-output/aa63273e-1a66-495a-b272-d3d32d8495fb
  3. HDMI Output Audio

HDMI Output Audio: I connected my HDMI to my TV and attempted to play output audio through the secondary device but it is not detected in my sound settings. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/hdmi-output-audio/518ee249-2648-404a-8e83-6a078caf080b
  4. Is it possible to use HDMI for audio output only?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Is it possible to use HDMI for audio output only?: Hello, sorry, I don't know if this is a Windows driver question or graphic card related support. I have a weird setup and it's the following: I have a Laptop Dell G5 with RTX 2060 and I use the DVI port for a monitor. I have a samsung soundbar and I have it connected via...
  5. Sound Quality Drop After using HDMI Output

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Sound Quality Drop After using HDMI Output: Not sure why or what is happening but I have noticed that after using an HDMI out the quality of sound accross the board on my laptop is very bad. bass becomes distorted and becomes very "tinny". I have to shut down the laptop and keep it off for a minute. only after that...
  6. About the using of HDMI as audio output

About the using of HDMI as audio output: Hi I'm using my Geforce GTX 1080 to output audio through HDMI to a amplifier Onkyo TX-NR686. But that amplifier doesn't allow the use of FreeSync and Nvidia neither allows it in HDMI so I've connected my TV through Display Port and used HDMI throug the amplifier for audio....
  7. HDMI Output to TV

HDMI Output to TV: I use my laptop to send PowerPoint presentations to a big screen TV in a classroom. That works fine as long as I am in Slide Show mode. However, I cannot get anything else from the computer to the TV. When I connect the laptop to the TV I see my background photo but I do not...
  8. HDMI output

HDMI output: I'm trying to run a projector from my Windows 10 laptop using HDMI to HDMI cable. The projector only shows background and taskbar. Using VGA to VGA cable worked fine. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/hdmi-output/b3789904-ff58-4127-8138-ead5ae41f305
  9. 480p output on HDMI in Windows 10

480p output on HDMI in Windows 10: I am unable to set a resolution lower than 800*600 pixels when connecting an external display via HDMI. I want to set a resolution of 640*480 pixels. Such as option is not available in the display setting menu. How can I set the output resolution to 640*480 pixels?...
  10. HDMI switch to switch output from Windows 10

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    HDMI switch to switch output from Windows 10: I am using a ToGeeKa 2:1 HDMI switch to switch output from Windows 10 and my Chromebook to my monitor. I also use another switcher for USB and sound outputs. The problem is that when I change from Windows to Chrome, turning off the desktop Windows computer, the computer gets...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. how does windows select which device to send hdmi output to?

2. using windows 10 hdmi output