Windows 10: Using Windows Fax and Scan for the first time, get fatal error (unexpected error) when...

Discus and support Using Windows Fax and Scan for the first time, get fatal error (unexpected error) when... in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; I am using Windows 10, with a Conexant D850 56K V.90 DFVc Modem, and a Canon Pixma MG8120 scanner/printer. When I try to send a fax, using... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by ElizabethStevens1, Jul 11, 2018.

1. Using Windows Fax and Scan for the first time, get fatal error (unexpected error) when...

I am using Windows 10, with a Conexant D850 56K V.90 DFVc Modem, and a Canon Pixma MG8120 scanner/printer.

When I try to send a fax, using 1(areacode)phone number as in 13105551212, I get the following error message, "the fax can't be sent because of an unexpected error."

The number that I am trying to fax to is within my area code.

I have tried fiddling around with the dialing rules, but have not seen any change in the result.

I have tried disabling Fax and Scan, rebooting, re-enabling, rebooting, but no change.

I'd really appreciate help on this problem. Thanks in advance!

:)

ElizabethStevens1, Jul 11, 2018
  2. Flava0ne Win User

Fatal Error

I've been trying to format my system but right after it finishes formatting I get a Fatal Error during the Windows installation process. That Fatal Error is a Data Error (cyclic redundancy check). I know that it's because of my hard drives, but how do I fix this issue? I have 2 Seagate Barracuda 7200.10 250GB SATA II Hard Drives in RAID 0. Any help and suggestions would be greatly appreciated. *Smile Using Windows Fax and Scan for the first time, get fatal error (unexpected error) when... :)

Flava0ne, Jul 11, 2018
  3. Flava0ne Win User
    Fatal Error

Okay, I disabled RAID and now just formatting one of my hard drives. I will post back and let you know if I get another Fatal Error or if the Windows installation was a success.

Flava0ne, Jul 11, 2018
  4. Flava0ne Win User

Using Windows Fax and Scan for the first time, get fatal error (unexpected error) when...

Fatal Error

Well, I just got a Fatal Error during the Windows installation process with the first hard drive. So I removed it and now formatting the second hard drive. I will post up the results when it's done.

Flava0ne, Jul 11, 2018
Thema:

Using Windows Fax and Scan for the first time, get fatal error (unexpected error) when...

1. Using Windows Fax and Scan for the first time, get fatal error (unexpected error) when... - Similar Threads - Using Fax Scan

2. Problem using Windows Fax and Scan

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Problem using Windows Fax and Scan: I'm using Windows 11 and can successfully scan documents using the Fax and Scan application. The scanned document shows correctly in the preview panel at the bottom of the window. When I try to "View..." the scanned document I get an error message saying "Could not open...
  3. Problem using Windows Fax and Scan

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Problem using Windows Fax and Scan: I'm using Windows 11 and can successfully scan documents using the Fax and Scan application. The scanned document shows correctly in the preview panel at the bottom of the window. When I try to "View..." the scanned document I get an error message saying "Could not open...
  4. Error message when you click New Scan in Windows Fax and Scan on a Windows-based computer

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Error message when you click New Scan in Windows Fax and Scan on a Windows-based computer: Scanner will work consistently for extended periods.When it stops working, I receive error message:"Problem scanning. Something went wrong. Please try again."I noticed a hotfix for Windows for Windows 7 & 8.Thanks for your help...
  5. Error message when you click New Scan in Windows Fax and Scan on a Windows-based computer

Error message when you click New Scan in Windows Fax and Scan on a Windows-based computer: Scanner will work consistently for extended periods.When it stops working, I receive error message:"Problem scanning. Something went wrong. Please try again."I noticed a hotfix for Windows for Windows 7 & 8.Thanks for your help...
  6. Windows Fax and Scan error

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Windows Fax and Scan error: My environment is using a hosted share fax on a fax server. Some users are encountering the below error "This fax cannot be sent at this time. Please launch the Compose Form from Windows Fax and Scan and click on New Fax to attach this document to send it out as fax." This...
  7. Memory error in Windows Fax and Scan

Memory error in Windows Fax and Scan: I have a Windows 10 Pro machine on a domain. When the user tries to send a file to Windows Fax and Scan, we get an error message "There is not enough memory". If I use a different user account on the same machine the problem does not occur. I can find no GPO on the server...
  8. windows scan app - error on first scan

windows scan app - error on first scan: I have windows 10, and my scanner is Canon DR-M140. My scanner driver and software didn't contain a scanning app for scanning pdf files, so I had to DL one from the MS store. I installed the MS Scan App because I thought it would be the most compatible with my MS OS....
  9. Windows 10: Windows Fax and Scan cannot send a fax due to "an unexpected error"

Windows 10: Windows Fax and Scan cannot send a fax due to "an unexpected error": My husband uses Windows Fax and Scan every day for his business. Suddenly it is no longer working - it will attempt to send a fax the maximum number of times, but err off each time with a message that says it can't be sent "due to an unexpected error". We've tried it with...
  10. First install eset auto scanning stuck/delay when first time scan

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    First install eset auto scanning stuck/delay when first time scan: after doing a clean install I installed eset. when the process of updating antivirus and scanning automatically after update it stuck in first time scanning automaticly when i see the scanner it stuck scanning on the office appclient it runs about 2 minutes+ and after that...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. how to use scanner for the first time

2. fatal error windows fax and scan

3. how to tell what fatal error is in windows fax and scan on windows 10

4. Windows fax and scan unexpected error,
  5. windows fax and scan fatal error windows 10,
  6. windwos fax and scan the fax cant be sent because of an unexpected error,
  7. get unknown error when trying to send a fax using windows fax and scan,
  8. HOW TO USE WINDOWS FAX AND SCAN