Windows 10: UTC offset incorrect in Windows OS

Discus and support UTC offset incorrect in Windows OS in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Windows uses local time for some unknown historical reason. If you want you can set it to UTC (especially useful if you dualboot with Linux and/or... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by lx07, Apr 5, 2018.

1. lx07 Win User

UTC offset incorrect in Windows OS

Windows uses local time for some unknown historical reason. If you want you can set it to UTC (especially useful if you dualboot with Linux and/or macOS).

This registry change works on Windows 10 (I use UTC): Time - ArchWiki

lx07, Apr 5, 2018

2. Today is April 24th 2018 and the UK is in British summertime which is UTC + 1 hour. Windows shows my offset as UTC + 0. I am in London (England) and my windows clock is showing the correct time but I have an application which needs to calculate UTC and it does this by taking the clock time and adjusting it by the UTC offset and it is currently getting the wrong answer. Ubuntu knows what the UTC offset is , as does Apple - why not Microsoft? I would appreciate comments. Thanks folks.

:)

whycantiuseem, Apr 23, 2018
  3. UTC Incorrect

Hi,

Sorry for the delay.

I suggest you to provide the screenshot of the issue so that we can get better clarity on this issue.

You can also add clocks for different time zone and check.

Thank You

Uttam Yadav, Apr 23, 2018
  4. UTC offset incorrect in Windows OS

UTC Incorrect

Does anyone know how to fix the UTC time on Windows 10? I have it set to show two times as I work globally with other developers so we operate under UTC and then I have it show local time. The local time is correct but UTC is one hour off. I suspect it
    is the DST that is throwing it off. I work with other operating systems and it seems Windows is the only one that UTC is Off. So if anyone knows how to fix this it would be great.

KendallHolm, Apr 23, 2018
  5. I'm not all too familiar with these settings, but is your BIOS set to the properly time? That can often cause time issues within the OS.

DeaconFrost, Apr 24, 2018
Thema:

UTC offset incorrect in Windows OS

1. UTC offset incorrect in Windows OS - Similar Threads - UTC offset incorrect

2. What is UTC offset / time zone for London UTC +00:00 or UTC +01:00 ?

in Windows 10 Customization
    What is UTC offset / time zone for London UTC +00:00 or UTC +01:00 ?: My Windows 10 is configured to show that London is located in UTC +00:00 time zone where Google says that London is actually in UTC +01:00 time zone,Today is 27.08.2019 17:17 local time. According to Windows, current offset is 0 therefore it is 27.08.2019 17:17 UTC...
  3. What is UTC time zone for London UTC +00:00 or UTC +01:00 ?

What is UTC time zone for London UTC +00:00 or UTC +01:00 ?: My Windows 10 is configured to show that London is located in UTC +00:00 time zone where Google says that London is actually in UTC +01:00 time zone,Today is 27.08.2019 17:17 local time. According to Windows, current offset is 0 therefore it is 27.08.2019 17:17 UTC...
  4. Monitor Resolution Offset

Monitor Resolution Offset: I dropped my 2nd monitor moving it and scratched up the right side of it making it hard to see things so I changed the resolution from 16:9 to 4:3 so it isn't in the way, but when at that resolution the image is centered so some it is still cut off so I was wondering if there...
  5. windows security "the permissions on OS (c:) are incorrectly ordered"

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    windows security "the permissions on OS (c:) are incorrectly ordered": when I try to create a new Directory on C:/ I cannot create or modify users on the C:/ [ATTACH] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-security-the-permissions-on-os-c-are/8e068d03-0b59-4a57-a3b8-96e97bd316a6"
  6. UTC files

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    UTC files: I din't always have my back up external hard drive plugged into my laptop. So what seems to be happening is File History UTC files are being saved to my C drive documents folder. As a result any given file can have three or so UTC duplicate backups all with different dates....
  7. Windows Time Sync Offset

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows Time Sync Offset: This a probably a different manifestation of the problem I reported in another thread ("Windows 10 Clock Running Slow"). I thought my PC Windows 10 clock was drifting behind, but during the last few days at least, that isn't the problem I'm experiencing. When I initiate a...
  8. UTC Time: Displaying UTC Time On Bottom (Task ?) Bar ?

in Windows 10 Support
    UTC Time: Displaying UTC Time On Bottom (Task ?) Bar ?: Hello, I give up after spending close to an hour with the built in W10 time setting screens. I want UTC to display on the bottom (task bar ?). It just won't display; I can set it on the W10 screens for time and date, but it doesn't carry over to the bottom bar on the...
  9. 2 Hours offset in OS clock.

in Windows 10 Support
    2 Hours offset in OS clock.: Hi, Windows's clock is always offsetted of 2 hours back in time, but the time zone is correct (GMT +1). Auto time set is enabled, disabling / reenabling it doesn't do anything (it actually gets stuck reenabling it, but if i close and reopen the settings app it enables the...
  10. Cortana UTC Time Is Incorrect

in Windows 10 Support
    Cortana UTC Time Is Incorrect: My system time is correct (Central Time Zone + Daylight Savings Time). Cortana is displaying UTC -4 - it should be UTC -5. How do I correct? 19057