Windows 10: Utility for info drivers

Discus and support Utility for info drivers in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Hello everyone. Can anyone tell me if there is a utility for Windiws 10 to get information about installed drivers? For example, if the driver is 32 or... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by NetW10, Sep 26, 2017.

1. NetW10 Win User

Utility for info drivers

Hello everyone. Can anyone tell me if there is a utility for Windiws 10 to get information about installed drivers? For example, if the driver is 32 or 64 bit, for which version of Windows the driver was built (W7, W8, etc.). To use an old SCSI controller (U320 and PCI-X) in Windiws 10 I have to do some testing and research. I use Windows 10 to 64bit.

:)

NetW10, Sep 26, 2017

2. delete

yeah but in that thread I think the third or fourth reply he gives a good explanation and utility to check drivers

I know the post is long but a lot of good info.

markdickey1, Sep 26, 2017
  3. Intel driver update utility

1. I read it on that page.

2a. Around August 2016.

2b. The computer came with Windows 10 preinstalled.

3. Manufacturer is Asus.

4. Yes, I have self installed McAfee application after I bought the computer.

5. No.

6. Version 1607, OS build 14393.1358

7a. It was removed around 2 hours before this post creation. The older version was removed via uninstallation at programs and features.

7b. My wifi connection for this computer has been dropping off for the past few months and would auto-reconnect after 10 seconds. This situation occurred more frequently recently. Thus, wanting to check for latest network adapter drivers through the Intel
    drivers update utility. The current driver version is 19.51.0.4.

Thank you for your help, PA Bear - MS MVP. Really appreciated! Utility for info drivers :)

Junliciouslm, Sep 26, 2017
  4. CountMike New Member

Utility for info drivers

Hi and welcome. If Device manager doesn't give you enough data you can try Download DevManView - MajorGeeks which greatly expands on it.
    PS:
    Drivers have to be same "bitness" as system. 32bit drivers will not work on 64bit windows and other way around. A driver file you download or have may be made for both but will install only ones with right bitness.

CountMike, Sep 26, 2017
  5. NetW10 Win User
    Thanks for your help. I just installed the "DevManView" utility. A nice software, but I can not understand how I can know if a 64bit driver installed on my Windows 10 comes from previous versions (see for example Windows 8 or 7). What can I understand? From the "driver date". But what years do they belong to which versions of Windows?

NetW10, Sep 27, 2017
  6. CountMike New Member
    As I said before, in 64bit windows only 64 bit drivers will install, same for 32bit Windows, only 32bit drivers can be installed so it's not necessary to show that. If you haven't installed a driver, open .INF file for it with a text editor and it should be all visible in there.

CountMike, Sep 27, 2017
  7. As CountMike already pointed out, all your installed drivers are 64 bit drivers.

Every driver has its own INF file. IMHO Opening the INF won't help what you're looking for. There's no specific OS indicator. It's filled with an overwhelming amount of cryptic data, and it's information about driver version and date can be found in DevManView or Device Manager itself.

You won't find an easy indicator saying which versions of Windows the driver works with. That can sometimes be the side effect of the device's hardware IDs (which are assigned by the vendor). A device made for Windows 10 might have different hardware IDs then its predecessor)

Look in Device Manager. Do you see any devices with yellow icons?
    • If there's an Other category in Device Manager, the devices listed under it have no drivers installed
    • Otherwise, yellow icon indicates a driver installed but not working.
    For a specific device in question, find it in Device Manager, right click Properties->General->Details tab. Change the pull down window to Hardware Idto find it's ids

You're best bet (though can be a tedious task) is online searches using either hardware ID or driver file name (i.e. name of INF file excluding the .inf extension - or simply driver filename as found in DevManView), version and date to see what you come up with. Also googling for drivers using the hardware ID (examples read HERE and HERE. But while searching one need also be careful, sometimes
    • you think you're downloading a driver, but turns out its just another driver lookup/advisor tool you'll have to pay for
    • Worse yet, you may also pickup adware or malware this way (use your A/V to scan what you download)
    I often find it useful to create a disk image backup if i'm going to download a lot or at least create a system restore checkpoint. If you happen to use Acronis True Image, use their Try and Decide tool. Allows you to create a disk snapshot, download and install whatever you like and then can back out of all disk changes and return to snapshot after a reboot

ComputerGeek, Sep 27, 2017
  8. CountMike New Member

Utility for info drivers

Actually, .inf file can provide wealth if information:

Utility for info drivers [​IMG]

Utility for info drivers [​IMG]

CountMike, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

Utility for info drivers

1. Utility for info drivers - Similar Threads - Utility info drivers

2. updating drivers from driver fix utility

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    updating drivers from driver fix utility: I have an HP laptop. CPU Z utility shows following about it. as shown in above there is a driver update section. So I click on it and it installs Driver fix application on my laptop. The application shows following details so I download by clicking on the application all...
  3. updating drivers from driver fix utility

in Windows 10 Support
    updating drivers from driver fix utility: I have an HP laptop. CPU Z utility shows following about it. as shown in above there is a driver update section. So I click on it and it installs Driver fix application on my laptop. The application shows following details so I download by clicking on the application all...
  4. Driver Utility?

Driver Utility?: Hi, What do you guys use to et the newest drivers? Glary Utilities Pro isn't for this is it? 182767
  5. Driver Utility?

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Driver Utility?: Hi, What do you guys use to et the newest drivers? Glary Utilities Pro isn't for this is it? 182767
  6. Drivers & Utilities Software Updater

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Drivers & Utilities Software Updater: hello all out there , i am curious if we have any legit application to scan our windows/system for any updates like usb/audio/etc devices. there are thousand in the web but unfortunately they are all scams......
  7. Driver Update utilities?

Driver Update utilities?: There are numbers of driver scanning and updating software to download in the Internet, like this: Free Driver Scanner | Windows Driver Update and Driver Download Software for Windows 10, 8, 7, Vista, XP Are they trustable? Which one would be the best? I prefer free one but...
  8. Realtek driver utility loses default setting

Realtek driver utility loses default setting: I set the default output for Realtek HD Audio to Digital. Problem is it too often loses this setting. I make sure the default setting is correct each time I update the driver (currently 8105). But there are times when there is no sound and I find there's no longer any default...
  9. Weird Intel Driver Update Utility problem? (Wi-Fi driver problem)

Weird Intel Driver Update Utility problem? (Wi-Fi driver problem): Recently, the WiFi on this particular laptop has been sub-par. Downloading the same file, the WiFi downloads at the rate of 70 kbps (pretty bad) while the Ethernet cable is at 700 kbps ~ 1000 kbps. I know that the Ethernet is almost always faster than the WiFi but the...
  10. Driver update Utility

Driver update Utility: All: I have a program that wants to update my drivers. It said it found 3 drivers that were outdated & wanted to update them! I said yes with some trepidation, then it asked for my Email address! That's were I stopped & backed out & cancelled the whole thing! In...