Windows 10: "Utility" listed in startup on Win10

Discus and support "Utility" listed in startup on Win10 in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Hello! I had recently refreshed my laptop to clean it up a bit. I noticed that this file called "utility" shows up under my startup area and I can't... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by zehith, Aug 28, 2018.

1. zehith Win User

"Utility" listed in startup on Win10

Hello!

I had recently refreshed my laptop to clean it up a bit. I noticed that this file called "utility" shows up under my startup area and I can't figure out what it is for. When I right click it, the only options I get is to search it online as the rest of the options are greyed out. When it tries to search through bing, it looks up "utility.exe utility" and I can't seem to find any straight answer because so many different .exe's are named "utility.exe"

Searching the same thing through google has yield the same results.

My laptop is a lenovo yoga 720. When the laptop reset, it did put "lenovo utility" on the laptop. However, Lenovo has moved to using "lenovo vantage" so I removed the lenovo utility and replaced with vantage. I mention this because I'm not sure whether this is some left over data from lenovo utility or something else.

"Utility" listed in startup on Win10 [​IMG] "Utility" listed in startup on Win10 d348777a-04df-4a5f-a16d-717f7d62d5ec?upload=true.png
    I have already tried running disk cleanup and have also tried searching "this PC" in file file explorer but I haven't been able to get it to disappear or to find where this is coming from.

:)

zehith, Aug 28, 2018
  2. Avedis53 Win User

Can't get GPU-Z to start with Windows 8.1 startup

I'm not sure how to do that. Could you list the steps for a noob?

Avedis53, Aug 28, 2018
  3. Why did the startup window get cleared?

I didn't missed any step, the list was gone and gone , even after using lot of programs the programs were not listed in that list.

smartali89, Aug 28, 2018
  4. user33331 Win User

Win10: windows update stuck at never ending loop ?

When in win10:
    • Update&security -> Windows update -> Finding update... .... .... ....
    Planning to download the latest Win10.ISO (vers.1803) and manually update:
    - Then wait that my ordered new SSD arrives and clone the old HDD to it.

user33331, Aug 28, 2018
Thema:

1. "Utility" listed in startup on Win10 - Similar Threads - Utility listed startup

2. Startup apps not being in the startup list

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Startup apps not being in the startup list: How do I get the full list of startup apps? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/startup-apps-not-being-in-the-startup-list/dc9d22a2-2485-4010-9aa3-72abada3d57b
  3. Startup apps not being in the startup list

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Startup apps not being in the startup list: How do I get the full list of startup apps? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/startup-apps-not-being-in-the-startup-list/dc9d22a2-2485-4010-9aa3-72abada3d57b
  4. reinstallation of free Microsoft win10 utilities

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    reinstallation of free Microsoft win10 utilities: Microsoft includes some free utilities with Win10, some of which I may want to remove. I'm not referring to trial versions. If I should do so, would I be able to later download and reinstall them at no charge? If so, would I do that from the Microsoft Store?...
  5. Slow Win10 Startup

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Slow Win10 Startup: I have a new Win 10 Dell PC and its slow on startup. For Example, when I open chrome or any other software it takes time to open and work properly but after a while, everything is fast again. I tried some online suggestions but it didn't help much. what is the real cause...
  6. Win10 Profile List

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Win10 Profile List: C\HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\ProfileList\, profilelistprofileImagePathAA , profilelist B, BA 1. A 2. AAA [ATTACH]A. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/win10/be807e38-812a-4884-8d69-4926a976eafc
  7. Empty startup list

in Windows 10 Customization
    Empty startup list: there is nothing in task manager, MSconfig, and in Windows 10 settings but I found it in ccleaner how to fix it? [ATTACH] [ATTACH] sorry for bad english https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/empty-startup-list/9a575b2f-6428-4b5c-8c3e-fddf46928bf9
  8. W10 Startup list

W10 Startup list: Is there a list somewhere that I can access to check what startup programs I can stop from starting? Running W10 and this is on a business computer that is slow to boot. 104392
  9. Disable "GrooveMonitor Utility" at Startup?

Disable "GrooveMonitor Utility" at Startup?: I am a relative neophyte when it comes to personal computers. Is it recommended to disable the startup item "GrooveMonitor Utility"? And, if so, is it just a matter of changing its status in the Task Manager from "Enabled" to "Disabled"? Many thanks. 39815
  10. Startup Program listing

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Startup Program listing: Noticed this under my startup programs but it does not show to be running. Should I remove it or what? Uninstall C:\Users\%username%\AppData\Local\Microsoft\OneDrive\17.3.5892.0626\amd64 Ron 43106