Windows 10: Utility or Easy Way to Manage/Delete Network Interfaces and Connection

Discus and support Utility or Easy Way to Manage/Delete Network Interfaces and Connection in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Hi all, I do a lot of networking and often connect various USB Ethernet and WiFi NICs, in addition to the internal ones. Over time, these add up to... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by muzicman82, Sep 7, 2017.

1. Utility or Easy Way to Manage/Delete Network Interfaces and Connection

Hi all,

I do a lot of networking and often connect various USB Ethernet and WiFi NICs, in addition to the internal ones. Over time, these add up to tons of Ethernet 1, 2, 3 etc and Network 5, 8, 10, etc. I usually ignore it. But how does one clean it up?

This has caused problems where if I have a static IP (the usual) on an interface and it is disconnected, I can't assign it to another one, or if I can, there are often problems. Even plugging the same USB adapter back into the same port doesn't restore the original connection or network.

The bit about showing all interfaces so they show up in Device Manager as hidden devices doesn't work for this.

Thanks!

:)

muzicman82, Sep 7, 2017

2. Windows 10 Anniversary Device Manager Issues

Hi
    mccainmw,

You simply need to boot into Safe Mode, then use Regedit. And Search Local Machine for the exact Name of the Connection. Rename it or Delete it. This occurred in Windows XP, a lot.

thecreator, Sep 7, 2017
  3. ActiveSync disconnects wifi

RNDIS is the same thing as enabling Advanced Network Functionality.

What you found on my website is close, but not the same issue. With WM5.0 and ActiveSync 4.x, Microsoft tightened up WIFI security. Part of this tightening of security involved making it so the pocket pc could not maintain a WIFI connection while it was connection
    to a computer via ActiveSync. This tightening of security should have not break the computer's internet connection, and most users do not have their computer's internet connection get disrupted when they run AS4.x on their computer.

I think the problem has to do with how your network manages its resources. I am not a network expert by any means, but when I first read about this issue, I spent quite a lot of time researching it and trying to understand what could be causing the issue.
    This is what I learned:

Windows Mobile 5.0 and ActiveSync 4.x use the Windows system TCP/IP stack for communication, so the PDA device connection appears as a network interface on your PC. It appears that your PC can only handle one network connection at a time and that the ActiveSync
    connection takes priority over your internet connection. If your computer is Bluetooth enabled, I bet you can synch up your PDA via Bluetooth with no problem.

I think the problem you are experiencing is either related to Network Connection Managers or to Network Traffic Optimizers. I am quoting liberally from information I found on Microsoft's website:

"Network Connection Managers are utilities that allow PCs to handle multiple, consecutive network connections (e.g. Ethernet, Wireless LAN, etc.). In some cases, the utilities will shut down network interfaces and promote other interfaces for the best
    connection performance. Some of these utilities are implemented as NDIS Intermediate Drivers that monitor and affect the Windows system TCP/IP stack.

Network Traffic Optimizers are utilities that enhance a connection to increase connection throughput. In some cases, this is done by modifying the network packets or re-directing network traffic to save transfer time. Some of these utilities are implemented
    as Transport Driver Interface Drivers that are installed in the Windows system to monitor the TCP/IP stack.

Here's an interesting article I just found on Microsoft's website that does not address your issue but explains the Advanced Network functionality a little better.

Did you try this? (I posted a link to this reply earlier in this thread to the MobilitySite forum - this procedures seems to change the priority in the internet connections on a network):

Open Start - Settings - Control Panel

Open Network Connections

Make sure your PDA/Phone is connected

You device will show up as a Local Area Connection X (X being a number). Make note of this network name.

Next, in network connections, click on Advanced in the menu, and then advanced settings.

Make sure that your PDA/PHONE device (local area connection X) is at the bottom. Click the green down arrow on the right to move down.

Julie fka profjulie, Sep 7, 2017
Thema:

Utility or Easy Way to Manage/Delete Network Interfaces and Connection

1. Utility or Easy Way to Manage/Delete Network Interfaces and Connection - Similar Threads - Utility Easy Manage

2. Any easy way to manage and create preview handlers?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Any easy way to manage and create preview handlers?: For example, I'm using firefox as my default pdf reader, but doing so preview panel doesn't work. Another example: dwg files could open with my cad program, but preview only works with other cad vendors. I know these are more like rough edges in the products than a windows...
  3. easy way pin windows?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    easy way pin windows?: pin windows show on all desktops pin windows should show on top of desktop, but below other windows by default 156295
  4. A way to forcebind an application to specific network interface?

A way to forcebind an application to specific network interface?: If anyone knows a way? I found "forcebind" program but dunno if it works with windows 10? and i cant find how you UNbind if u make a mistake(?) Thanks submitted by /u/user_982396 [link] [comments]...
  5. Is there an easy way to share files??

Is there an easy way to share files??: Hello, I have 2 Win 10 Home machines sitting next to each other on a desk, both connected to the same wifi network. Is there an easy way to transfer files from one machine to the other?? I've been using a flash drive because I have googled my brains out and cannot figure...
  6. Network Utilization?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Network Utilization?: So I've started using the Resource Monitor to keep tabs on my memory and network usage, and I've noticed that the "Network Utilization" is almost always at 0%. So I did a little bit of testing with it; When I was playing a multiplayer game, in a Discord call, and watching a...
  7. Ways to utilize ramdisk?

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Ways to utilize ramdisk?: So far i know you can install programs,store temp files and if your brave you can put your swap file on a ramdisk. But what other ways can you use a ramdisk to improve performance system wide with a ramdisk? Or how it says you can store your log files? What log files can...
  8. Is there a way to uninstall Microsoft Connection Manager?

in Windows 10 Support
    Is there a way to uninstall Microsoft Connection Manager?: I have 2 identical Dell E7450 laptops running the same version of Windows 10 -1511. One was upgraded in place from Win7 by previous owner. On the other I installed a fresh OS copy myself. For reasons I don't understand, my OS installation, but not the upgraded one, includes...
  9. Easy way to Manually delete Windows.old folder

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Easy way to Manually delete Windows.old folder: Greetings from Holly Jerusalem 1. Open this PC 2. Go to drive C 3. Go manage in top of ribbon 4. Click cleanup disk 5. In here Click cleanup system files 6. Check Windows.old box or all 7. Click OK Done Hoping that will help 94131
  10. How to delete old network interfaces?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    How to delete old network interfaces?: So I'm having trouble working with the latest Docker release and it is complaining at me that it can't create a network interface called 'vEthernet (DockerNAT)', because one already exists (true, I have upgraded the version and one did exist previous to that upgrade). I've...