UWF feature for Windows 10 IOT Enterprise

Discus and support UWF feature for Windows 10 IOT Enterprise in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Has anybody used the UWF feature for Windows 10 IOT Enterprise? I am new to this concept, what i understand is it writes the data to the RAM in stead... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Dipk11, Jun 13, 2018.

1. Dipk11 Win User

Has anybody used the UWF feature for Windows 10 IOT Enterprise?
    I am new to this concept, what i understand is it writes the data to the RAM in stead of hard disk, just to protect it during a power shut down.
    Please correct me if i am wrong.
    I have some doubts here-
    1) Why is the writing to RAM not harmful?
    2) What data is written to the RAM?
    3) Will this protect the OS image from corruption in case of a forced shutdown/ power loss?
    What are the other ways i can save the OS image from corruption/hard disk from going bad in case of an abrupt power shutdown?
    Please help...Thanks in advance..UWF feature for Windows 10 IOT Enterprise :)

:)

Dipk11, Jun 13, 2018
  2. IoTGirl Win User

Windows 10 Enterprise IoT

Hi David,

Embedded Mode can be set in Windows Enterprise and Windows Mobile versions. For target options please see the definitions at

https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/WindowsForBusiness/windows-iot
    From that page:

Windows 10 IoT Enterprise

Windows 10 IoT Enterprise is a full version of Windows 10 that delivers the enterprise manageability and security of Windows 10 Enterprise to IoT solutions. It is designed for powerful industry devices used in retail, manufacturing, healthcare, and other
    industries. Windows 10 IoT Enterprise runs crucial line of business applications and performs specialized functions in a secure, reliable and streamlined way to support mission-critical devices.

LEARN MORE ABOUT MANAGING AND UPDATING WINDOWS 10 IOT

*Note that Windows 10 IoT Enterprise is a binary equivalent to Windows 10 Enterprise

Windows 10 IoT Mobile

Windows 10 IoT Mobile brings the full functionality of Windows 10 Mobile to the Internet of Things. That includes instantaneous application access, native support for barcode scanning, and other peripherals, as well as enhanced productivity for a variety
    of mobile scenarios.

The Mobile Enterprise editions also offer capabilities such as ARM support, multiple user profiles, and advanced lockdown to enable scenarios across retail, healthcare, manufacturing and other vertical industries.

LEARN MORE ABOUT WINDOWS 10 IOT MOBILE

*Note that Windows 10 IoT Mobile is a binary equivalent to Windows 10 Mobile Enterprise

Windows 10 IoT Core

Windows 10 IoT Core is optimized for small-footprint, low-cost IoT devices that bring intelligence to the edge. It is designed to power purpose-built devices like gateways that enable IoT solutions. Windows 10 IoT Core also brings enterprise-grade security,
    manageability, and connectivity of Windows to a new class of devices.

Below are the steps to bring your IoT Core powered devices to life:

• Click to
      Download
      IoT Core
    • Learn more about how to create applications and build proof of concepts and leverage step-by-step instructions, sample
      code, documentation, community projects and more…
    • Ready to sell your product?
      Commercialize
      your device or
      Find
      your local distributor.

Actually, IoT Core does not have a menu, that is the default application that comes installed on the sample image from Microsoft. When you create your device you would replace that default experience with the purpose driven application for your solution.
    As for securing an IoT device, it really depends on its purpose and environment but for information on IoT Core you can find documentation at WindowsOnDevices.com. Specifically

https://developer.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/iot/docs/buildingsecuredevices

Sincerely,

IoTGirl, Jun 13, 2018
  3. DavidKochkerian Win User
    Windows 10 Enterprise IoT

Does anyone know how to get an ISO for Windows 10 IoT Enterprise Edition?

Microsoft states that Windows 10 IoT Enterprise is a binary equivalent to Windows 10 Enterprise, does this mean I can just use a copy of Windows 10 Enterprise, and create an IoT image using Windows Imaging and Configuration Designer?

Does it only work with x86 version of Windows?

There is not much info on the internet about this...

Thanks,

David

DavidKochkerian, Jun 13, 2018
Thema:

1. UWF feature for Windows 10 IOT Enterprise - Similar Threads - UWF feature IOT

2. BSOD after installing Cumulative Update KB4343909 Windows 10 v1803 Aug

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    BSOD after installing Cumulative Update KB4343909 Windows 10 v1803 Aug: Win10 Pro Completed all updates last night - no issues Woke machine this early afternoon and had a BSOD but missed reading complete details (may have said driver issue) Rebooted ok and found that I had no sound Rebooted again and still n/g Troubleshooter was n/g Restored...
  3. Media Feature Pack (Win 10 Home (Dutch) for version 1803) fails to install

in Windows 10 Customization
    Media Feature Pack (Win 10 Home (Dutch) for version 1803) fails to install: I've Windows 10, version 1803 build 17134.228 and problems installing Media Feature Pack. I believe I selected the right Media Feature Pack (for 1803 64bits) but during install I receive the message: "this version is not for your computer" the KB3099229_x64.msu has been...
  4. Windows 10 installation failure - explorer.exe application error

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows 10 installation failure - explorer.exe application error: So after a few hours of windows reinstalling, it was time to pick a language, keyboard language aswell as my timezone, which I did however I got this “explor.exe application error” which automatically closed itself after around 2 seconds and which then my pc restarted, after...
  5. Windows 10 upgrade

Windows 10 upgrade: So I need to know if there's any legal issues/licence issues with the way I upgraded to win 10. I downloaded the "MediaCreationTool1803" from your website then just used it to click my way to a full windows 10 from windows 7, it's fully activated and I did not use any...
  6. In Windows 10, I am not able to uninstall a program using the Settings App utility. Is...

In Windows 10, I am not able to uninstall a program using the Settings App utility. Is...: In Windows 10, I am not able to uninstall a program using the App Settings utility. Is there another way? I believe that I had inadvertently deleted a file from the Programs (x86) folder for that program. When I try to uninstall the program using the settings utility, I...
  7. Windows Updates downloading and installing during active hours

Windows Updates downloading and installing during active hours: Hi Windows 10 updated always downloads and installs updates during my active hours which slows the computer to a crawl. I have checked and double checked the active hours settings and it still downloads and installs the update (luckily it doesn't auto restart). Why is...
  8. Is whatsnewapp.exe at c:\windows\systemapps part of Windows 10?

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Is whatsnewapp.exe at c:\windows\systemapps part of Windows 10?: Hello, Online searches give me no good information about whatsnewapp.exe, which is at c:\windows\systemapps\. The first search result points to a known malware site (spywareremove dot com). Is this whatsnewapp.exe part of Windows? What function does it perform? I can't...
  9. Windows Crash

Windows Crash: Instant Online Crash Analysis, brought to you by OSR Open Systems Resources, Inc. [IMG]Primary Analysis Crash Dump Analysis provided by OSR Open Systems Resources, Inc. (http://www.osr.com) Online Crash Dump Analysis Service See http://www.osronline.com for more information...
  10. Windows Features Problem: .Net Framework 2.0 and higher

Windows Features Problem: .Net Framework 2.0 and higher: I just got a new laptop and I need to install several programs. However when I go to install them the installer pauses on the installation of .NET Framework 2.0, 3.0 and 4.0. It will give me a separate window saying that the program needs access to a specific feature but wont...