Windows 10: UWP apps keep crashing for new users

Discus and support UWP apps keep crashing for new users in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; We are having an issue with new users not being able to start UWP apps, specifically Camera but this also affects Calculator and the Windows store. The... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Andrew Monteith, Dec 5, 2023.

1. UWP apps keep crashing for new users

We are having an issue with new users not being able to start UWP apps, specifically Camera but this also affects Calculator and the Windows store. The issue seems to affect some devices more than others. The PCs are all running Windows 10 and have all been set up using the same method. The devices are in teaching rooms so have been set not to retain user profiles. This means that every user who logs in is a new user. Going through the re-registration process that is trotted out in every other post about UWP app issues does work but this is a pain having to do this for each user on affec

:)

Andrew Monteith, Dec 5, 2023

2. Error 0x2efd in XMLHttpRequests crashes Hosted Web UWP App

Hi,

i also posted this question in the developer forums, cause it is more appropriate there:

[UWP][HTML]Error 0x2efd in XMLHttpRequests crashes Hosted Web UWP App

But to give you the asked infos:

• It is a self developed Hosted WebApp
    • The Windows is updated, Version in previous post
    • The issue started when i first tested the App offline
    • The troubleshooting steps are all described in my post
    • No Screenshot, cause the app crashes silently, when debugging the Exception comes from the WWAHost
    Greetings

Lars Wolter

LarsWolter, Dec 5, 2023
  3. Storyley Win User
    Microsoft Store and many other UWP apps crashes on opening!

Hi, John DeV.

I need to switch to macOS, lol.

Microsoft Store always crashes on opening since 2019.

A new user very broken and I also try run Microsoft Store Service to Automatic.

The new user that even I can't open any UWP apps, not that old user only crashes.

I made 5 users to fix that but what the?

Thanks, John DeV

Storyley, Dec 5, 2023
  4. UWP apps keep crashing for new users

Issues with using Add-AppxProvisionedPackage to provision UWP app

I am currently trying to manage installation a line of business UWP application on a series of client machines. I need to make sure that the application is installed for any user that signs into windows on a particular machine. To do this I am copying the APPX file of the UWP app to a provisioning directory, and using this command to provision the application:

Add-AppxProvisionedPackage -Online -PackagePath C:\myapp-provision -SkipLicense.

The application installs fine for users some/most of the time. However, I am running into a couple of issues fairly consistatnly.

1. Sometimes, after provisioning a new version of the application, when a new user signs into windows, they still see the previous version of the application installed.
    2. Sometimes, after provisioning the application for the first time, when a new user signs into windows and searches for the app in the start menu, they get no results.

Both of these issues can be resolved by going to Apps & Features, searching for the application in list, selecting Advanced Options on the app, and then selecting reset.

This is an ok fix for the short term, but long term, I cant rely on users to always be aware that they may need to reset the app before using it.

Is there a better way I can go about getting this application installed for all users? Are there additional steps I am missing?

Caleb Powell, Dec 5, 2023
Thema:

UWP apps keep crashing for new users

1. UWP apps keep crashing for new users - Similar Threads - UWP apps keep

2. UWP apps keep crashing for new users

in Windows 10 Gaming
    UWP apps keep crashing for new users: We are having an issue with new users not being able to start UWP apps, specifically Camera but this also affects Calculator and the Windows store. The issue seems to affect some devices more than others. The PCs are all running Windows 10 and have all been set up using the...
  3. UWP apps keep crashing for new users

in Windows 10 Customization
    UWP apps keep crashing for new users: We are having an issue with new users not being able to start UWP apps, specifically Camera but this also affects Calculator and the Windows store. The issue seems to affect some devices more than others. The PCs are all running Windows 10 and have all been set up using the...
  4. UWP apps crash explorer after update

in Windows 10 Gaming
    UWP apps crash explorer after update: i recently updated my windows 11 machine to the latest 22h2 version but now whenever i try to open any uwp app e.g. settings, msstore, calculator, samsung flow, videos, photos etc.. explorer crashes and restarts. after it crashes a couple of times a window pops up with the...
  5. UWP apps crash explorer after update

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    UWP apps crash explorer after update: i recently updated my windows 11 machine to the latest 22h2 version but now whenever i try to open any uwp app e.g. settings, msstore, calculator, samsung flow, videos, photos etc.. explorer crashes and restarts. after it crashes a couple of times a window pops up with the...
  6. Windows 10 20H2 UWP Apps Crashing

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 10 20H2 UWP Apps Crashing: So I am using Windows 10, and I am facing problems with the Windows 10 UWP Apps, Sometimes they crash, don't work, unresponsive etc. But the other apps e,g Microsoft Edge, .exe apps work. How do I fix those problems with the UWP Apps?...
  7. Windows 10 20H2 UWP Apps Crashing

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 10 20H2 UWP Apps Crashing: So I am using Windows 10, and I am facing problems with the Windows 10 UWP Apps, Sometimes they crash, don't work, unresponsive etc. But the other apps e,g Microsoft Edge, .exe apps work. How do I fix those problems with the UWP Apps?...
  8. UWP Apps Crashing

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    UWP Apps Crashing: Since upgrading to 1909, I noticed I'm having issues trying to launch some of the Windows Store apps. SO far I've found issues with both the Feedback Hub and Xbox Console Companion (including beta) apps. What happens is that the app will launch for a second, before force...
  9. Remove all UWP apps except store for new users.

in Windows 10 Customization
    Remove all UWP apps except store for new users.: Hi, I would like to remove all the UWP apps except the Microsoft store. I know how to do that and it works perfectly but one question is how can I make that happen for new users? I don't need the extra apps and the other users dont need them either. I have tried looking...
  10. OOKLA releases new Speedtest app (UWP)

in Windows 10 News
    OOKLA releases new Speedtest app (UWP): Just out on WinBeta, story about (and pointer to) a new Speedtest app for Windows. This one runs on the Universal Windows Platform, so it works on Mobile and PC devices. Speedtest for Windows Phone has been available for quite some time, but to test your internet speed...