Windows 10: UWP Crash then works, crashes again later

Discus and support UWP Crash then works, crashes again later in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; I haven't seen this situation mentioned so posting in case anyone can help. Fairly frequently, when I launch a UWP app (I've actually only tried the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by ssands, Oct 27, 2016.

1. ssands Win User

UWP Crash then works, crashes again later

I haven't seen this situation mentioned so posting in case anyone can help. Fairly frequently, when I launch a UWP app (I've actually only tried the Settings app or Solitaire), I get the splash screen and it almost immediately disappears. If I click again, the app then launches and works correctly. After some time ( a day or two?), the same behavior happens again.

Reliability Monitor shows MoAppCrash and always (mostly?) mentions that Cortana stopped working in addition to whatever app just crashed.

I am on the latest stable build running Win 10 Pro - 64.
    SFC shows no problems.
    This is a native install as purchased from the laptop manufacturer, not an upgrade.

I'm not having problems with any other apps (and those are all non-UWP).

I've tried WSReset. First it found some problem it could not fix. Then I ran it again and it said it was fixed (cache problem). UWP seemed to work for a day or three and then the problems returned. I haven't tried WSReset again since the problems returned.

I have an Nvidia 970m GPU and do wonder if that could be causing a problem, although I don't have a specific reason for suspecting that.

I keep all drivers up to date. Of note, I was updating the Intel wireless chip, and that was causing major, major problems. I downgraded to the driver listed on the manufacturer site (MSI), and all problems went away. I may try that with Nvidia, since the Manufacturer is still only showing a year old driver.

I have seen threads about creating a new admin user and migrating over, but I am reluctant to do that as there are probably file paths and user name issues that may crop up. And, it bothers me...if that fixes it, then why can't I make a change to my current account and get this thing working.

Any thoughts, advice is appreciated.

:)

ssands, Oct 27, 2016

2. Groove fails to launch

I tried this. at first it worked. then 30 minutes later Groove had crashed again! help!!

emeraldforest, Oct 27, 2016
  3. Error 0x2efd in XMLHttpRequests crashes Hosted Web UWP App

Hi,

i have a crashing UWP App, that crashes when used Offline. It is a simple Web Hosted App that uses a remote StartPage.

When starting offline the page loads from appcache, but then stops because of an exception in wwahost.exe.

Windows Version is 1607 - 14393.693

UWP App - Target Version is 10.0.14393.0

Visual Studio 14.0.25431.01 Update 3

I further investigated the problem and found out that it is related to XMLHttpRequests.

if the XMLHttpRequests fails the App crashes. The Javascript console shows the following error:

SCRIPT7002: XMLHttpRequest: Netzwerkfehler 0x2efd, Der Vorgang konnte aufgrund des folgenden Fehlers nicht fortgesetzt werden: 00002efd.

If i handle the error in the onerror callback of the XMLHTTPRequest my code gets called after the above error and the App still crashes.

if i override the open call of the XMLHttpRequest not doing the request everything works fine.

Why is the Webview crashing if a XHR request is not possible and what can i doc to prevent this?

Greetings

Lars Wolter, Oct 27, 2016
Thema:

UWP Crash then works, crashes again later

1. UWP Crash then works, crashes again later - Similar Threads - UWP Crash works

2. Windows 10 UWP Crash Problem

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 10 UWP Crash Problem: when Open Apps like Alarms & clock, camera , Movies and TV, Photos they crashingPlease HELPVersion:22H219045.3393And Apps from MS store won't installing with 0x80070005...
  3. Windows crash again.

Windows crash again.: Dump file:Crash It has happened multiple time.I have reinstalled windows and updated bios. And it did it again. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-crash-again/762c7ec2-25e7-40ef-a72f-5902c89e422f
  4. Windows crashes again and again

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows crashes again and again: Hello, My computer keeps crashing again and again, showing me the blue screen of death with these 5 errors:Reference by pointer Kernel Security Check failure System service exeptionBad object headerirql not less or equalI did try the solutions mentioned in other threads such...
  5. Windows crashes again and again

Windows crashes again and again: Hello, My computer keeps crashing again and again, showing me the blue screen of death with these 5 errors:Reference by pointer Kernel Security Check failure System service exeptionBad object headerirql not less or equalI did try the solutions mentioned in other threads such...
  6. Browser crashing again and again

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Browser crashing again and again: Google chrome isn't working and keep on crashing it started after the new windows 10 update. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/browser-crashing-again-and-again/9a973f9e-e3d4-4bfd-8ed0-1fe4e66b7386
  7. minecraft crashes again

in Windows 10 Gaming
    minecraft crashes again: Microsoft Windows version 1809OS Build 17763.437 now for the error message: ## A fatal error has been detected by the Java Runtime Environment:## EXCEPTION_ILLEGAL_INSTRUCTION 0xc000001d at pc=0x00000000773c5d54, pid=9704, tid=8580## JRE version: JavaTM SE Runtime...
  8. Pc graphics crash, after deleting drivers in safe mode works but crashes again few minuts later

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Pc graphics crash, after deleting drivers in safe mode works but crashes again few minuts later: Hey all, So as the title says, my pc crashed while gaming and would no longer boot in normal mode. So I decided to boot up safe mode and uninstall my GPU drivers. This fixes the issue for a short while, but after a few minuts the same problem occurs. What's going on and...
  9. UWP Apps Crashing

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    UWP Apps Crashing: Since upgrading to 1909, I noticed I'm having issues trying to launch some of the Windows Store apps. SO far I've found issues with both the Feedback Hub and Xbox Console Companion (including beta) apps. What happens is that the app will launch for a second, before force...
  10. almost crashed again

in Windows 10 Gaming
    almost crashed again: I was wondering why this mouse problem is still not solved see form's on it since 2013 that's even older than my laptop if a update of any kind would had been going on I would have crashed I just can't see the reason that it not only can't stay put it comes in like it...