Windows 10: UWP porting guidance for Android and iOS developers

Discus and support UWP porting guidance for Android and iOS developers in Windows 10 News to solve the problem;  Today, we are pleased to introduce a new app development concept map for app developers that aligns software development concepts across the iOS,... Discussion in 'Windows 10 News' started by Brink, Mar 10, 2016.

1. Brink
    Brink New Member

UWP porting guidance for Android and iOS developers

Source: UWP porting guidance for Android and iOS developers | Building Apps for Windows

:)

Brink, Mar 10, 2016

2. MSFT letting smartphone business die. (Sorry, no appropriate Topic selection available)

I believe it would be MUCH better if MS had a developer program that ported Android and iOS apps to Win10.

GreenwoodLake, Mar 10, 2016
  3. Shepdad Win User
    MSFT letting smartphone business die. (Sorry, no appropriate Topic selection available)

UWP apps are supposed to take care of this app gap issue for phones, by allowing developers to do very little work to get their desktop app(which is the new problem getting developers to develop for) to work across all Win 10 devices with easy porting to
    Android and iOS.

Every time I see the P in UWP I think it stands for phone and not platform. I wonder how many developers think this way and dismiss questions and comments about when are they going to develop a UWP app.

I know it costs companies money to develop and support the apps. Microsoft is making it as easy as possible. Not enough companies are biting yet for my taste unfortunately. I will still be an Insider and get excited for each new release. But I think its
    still a year away until we see big progress.

we need a 3rd choice in the OS world. Just like we need one for Political parties.

Shepdad, Mar 10, 2016
Thema:

UWP porting guidance for Android and iOS developers

1. UWP porting guidance for Android and iOS developers - Similar Threads - UWP porting guidance

2. Android/IOS-style folders on desktop?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Android/IOS-style folders on desktop?: I was wondering if there was any way to create a folder for shortcuts/apps on the windows desktop that expands and creates a pop-up on the desktop screen, like the app folders on the home screens of IOS and Android as an alternative to opening a new folder window from the...
  3. Google getting ready for 5G on Android for developers

in Windows 10 News
    Google getting ready for 5G on Android for developers: [ATTACH] Getting ready for 5G on Android Connectivity is the lifeblood that makes all of the experiences on our phones come alive, helping us connect, communicate, and express ourselves to the people that we care about. As app developers, this mission is as important now...
  4. Microsoft Family Safety app on iOS and Android

in Windows 10 News
    Microsoft Family Safety app on iOS and Android: Today, we are excited to announce that the Microsoft Family Safety app, designed to help you protect your family’s digital and physical safety, is starting to rollout today on iOS and Android. Over the past few months, I have been using the preview with my...
  5. Microsoft is unifying Win32 and Windows 10 UWP development

in Windows 10 News
    Microsoft is unifying Win32 and Windows 10 UWP development: It has been reported that Microsoft is moving away from Universal Windows Apps based on the UWP and instead focusing on desktop-style apps. Some journalists have also claimed that Micorosft’s UWP platform has failed, but that’s not entirely true. For Microsoft, the future...
  6. Open sourced Windows 10 Calculator ported to Web, Android, iOS

in Windows 10 News
    Open sourced Windows 10 Calculator ported to Web, Android, iOS: Microsoft recently open-sourced Windows 10’s built-in Calculator app and published the source code, build system on Github. Microsoft also stated that it wants to work with the community and develop new features for the Calculator app. As the Calculator app has been...
  7. Bitlocker To Go compatible with Android or Ios

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Bitlocker To Go compatible with Android or Ios: I encrypt my important information on the USB drive using Bitlocker to go. But it is not showing up when I connect it to the mobile device. Is there any Bitlocker To Go Reader compatible with Android or ios? Thank you...
  8. Groove Music on Android and iOS is dead.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Groove Music on Android and iOS is dead.: This is kinda a really sad news for me as I mainly use Groove Music on my phone to sync all my music between all my devices. I really don't see the point of it. Why does Microsoft still offer OneDrive integration with Windows 10's Groove Music while also killing the only real...
  9. UWP and the evolution of touch development

in Windows 10 News
    UWP and the evolution of touch development: How is programming for touch development on the Universal Windows Platform (UWP) different from mouse and keyboard development in Windows Forms? This post will cover some of the subtle differences between the two and how to use the most advanced tools for building smooth...
  10. Microsoft Edge now available for iOS and Android

in Windows 10 News
    Microsoft Edge now available for iOS and Android: In October, we introduced Microsoft Edge for iOS and Android in preview, in response to your request to make Microsoft Edge work well with your phones. A special THANK YOU goes out to each of you—hundreds of thousands of you—who downloaded, test-drove, and sent feedback on...