Windows 10: UWP Remote Control App is great from a tablet.

Discus and support UWP Remote Control App is great from a tablet. in Windows 10 Virtualization to solve the problem; I have been using the standard remote control app from my Windows tablet to connect to other installs on my laptop (Host or a vm). I use... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Virtualization' started by cereberus, Oct 30, 2017.

1. cereberus Win User

UWP Remote Control App is great from a tablet.

I have been using the standard remote control app from my Windows tablet to connect to other installs on my laptop (Host or a vm). I use touchmousepointer to flip flop tablet into mousepointer or touchscreen mode.

Problem is if tablet is in mouse mode, you have to click keys on touchscreen keyboard in remote session rather than more natural finger typing. I was forever going back to tablet and toggling touchmousepointer on or off, which is a real pain when using rdp in fullscreen mode.

If you rdp from an android device using Microsoft RDP app, you do not need to use touchmousepointer on tablet, as the rdp client gives you option to flip flop between mouse and touch mode, and is easier to use, and works if rdp session is fullscreen as well.

MS have brought out a uwp version of its remote desktop, and I was pleasantly surprised - it has introduced the same feature as on the android version i.e. you can select mouse or touch mode inside rdp session.

This makes remoting to remote pcs/vms so much easier from a tablet.

Unlike win32 version you cannot set a default windows size. It is either fullscreen, or a full sized window with tablet taskbar at bottom, and app heading bar, but you can minimise it like any window.

Overall this is a rare case of a uwp app being superior (mostly) to its win32 counterpart.

:)

cereberus, Oct 30, 2017

2. Remore Desktop Connection error after last Update

Microsoft recommends you do the following:

· Disable redirected printers.

· Use UWP RDP app.

You can download the modern UWP Remote desktop app from the store:

https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/store/p/microso...

A fix should be coming soon.

Andre Da Costa, Oct 30, 2017
  3. Ronnyffff Win User
    is there any way to connect - acces Homesharing on Windows 8 PCs with Lumia 820 WP8 ?

Every Windows PC, Laptop Tablet can free connect to the unlocked Home Sharing Library.

But why doesn't Windows Phone ? Like Xbox Music App or other? No connect to Home Sharing?

Think is a great fail.

But I have already tried some
    apps from the store any has acces, but the can only controll the Home Library as Remote. Not playing any files on Windows Phone

THanks

Ronnyffff, Oct 30, 2017
Thema:

UWP Remote Control App is great from a tablet.

1. UWP Remote Control App is great from a tablet. - Similar Threads - UWP Remote Control

2. remote control

in Windows 10 Gaming
    remote control: how can I change administrator on my laptop and stop remote access to it https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/remote-control/d542e390-733b-4389-835b-cb802adb532a
  3. remote control

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    remote control: how can I change administrator on my laptop and stop remote access to it https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/remote-control/d542e390-733b-4389-835b-cb802adb532a
  4. Remote Desktop UWP - titlebar in fullscreen

Remote Desktop UWP - titlebar in fullscreen: I have a question about using Remote Desktop UWP app in fullscreen. When I move cursor to upper corner the title bar appears and it covers content of remote window. Is there any way to disable this behavior - don't show title bar or show it always without covering content of...
  5. Remote Desktop UWP - titlebar in fullscreen

in Windows 10 Customization
    Remote Desktop UWP - titlebar in fullscreen: I have a question about using Remote Desktop UWP app in fullscreen. When I move cursor to upper corner the title bar appears and it covers content of remote window. Is there any way to disable this behavior - don't show title bar or show it always without covering content of...
  6. Turn off Xbox Controller support in UWP apps?

Turn off Xbox Controller support in UWP apps?: I avoid UWP apps like the plague because of this issue. My controller only works in UWP apps which is at the moment only a small fraction of what I do. I use steam configuration in big picture to allow me to fully control windows 10 but the issue is since UWP apps also work...
  7. Turn Xbox Controller support in UWP apps

Turn Xbox Controller support in UWP apps: I avoid UWP apps like the plague because of this issue. My controller only works in UWP apps which is at the moment only a small fraction of what I do. I use steam configuration in big picture to allow me to fully control windows 10 but the issue is since UWP apps also work...
  8. "A great app is on it's way!"

in Windows 10 Customization
    "A great app is on it's way!": I just got a new laptop and on the start menu it says for about half of the apps "a great app is on it's way!" how do I fix this? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/a-great-app-is-on-its-way/72d1f04e-28ed-46a2-b9ab-87916f394d6f
  9. Remote control

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Remote control: I need some help with remote control desktop. I have Win 10 Pro. I am trying to various family members with their pc's, which are Win 10 Home. If they download the Remote Desktop app from the windows store, will i then be able to sign onto their computers? Thanks. pmh...
  10. A Great App is on it's way?

A Great App is on it's way?: [img] As you can see in the image, I have 5 tiles of it. Any one know what they are? They send me to the store when I click on them. 17577