Windows 10: UXTheme Hack for Win 8.1 (Is Is Applicable to 10?)

Discus and support UXTheme Hack for Win 8.1 (Is Is Applicable to 10?) in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Has anyone tried to replace the UXTheme files in the preview with open ones designed for 8.1? I wanted to try non-Microsoft themes with the OS, and... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by Jody Thornton, Oct 6, 2014.

1. UXTheme Hack for Win 8.1 (Is Is Applicable to 10?)

Has anyone tried to replace the UXTheme files in the preview with open ones designed for 8.1? I wanted to try non-Microsoft themes with the OS, and wanted to be sure it was safe to do so.

:)

Jody Thornton, Oct 6, 2014

2. To hack or not to hack? What on earth is 5aaed.rbf doing in my notification menu and nowhere else on my machine?

Sure, of course. It's just that with a Forum Moderator above saying that 'there's a big chance that this is a virus', I thought it could be.

I actually thought that it could be a notification for the 'ghost' account on my machine:

Two administator accounts displayed using same MS account details but with different pictures

That's still there, too, btw.

Anyway, not to worry. At least I actually got rid of some suspicious files today.

Thanks for your help.

langsterproX, Oct 6, 2014
  3. To hack or not to hack? What on earth is 5aaed.rbf doing in my notification menu and nowhere else on my machine?

Hello

I've just found 5aaed.rbf as a notification setting in Windows 10 Pro. See attached screenshot.

I've searched both my C drive and all other drives and this file or any other files named '5aaed' cannot be found.

I've also tried most online search engines... nothing!

What on earth is 5aaed.rbf?

Thanks.

UXTheme Hack for Win 8.1 (Is Is Applicable to 10?) [​IMG]

langsterproX, Oct 6, 2014
  4. UXTheme Hack for Win 8.1 (Is Is Applicable to 10?)

Well I installed it and there was no damage to the system. Really all I am trying to do is find a way to add colour to the background title bar. I use an "AeroMod" theme in Windows 8.1 and it allows this. The background title bar is a lighter blue than my foreground, and the close button is a dark soft blue.

I've never seen a way to change background title bar colours though in 8x or 10x.

Jody Thornton, Oct 6, 2014
  5. Figured it out for myself.

Jody Thornton, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

UXTheme Hack for Win 8.1 (Is Is Applicable to 10?)

1. UXTheme Hack for Win 8.1 (Is Is Applicable to 10?) - Similar Threads - UXTheme Hack Applicable

2. Win 8 upgrade to win 8.1 or 10..

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Win 8 upgrade to win 8.1 or 10..: Hi team.I have an issue with updating from win 8 to. 8.1..or 10.I don't use my notebook that often and only for email, word documents and printing..small browsing and you tube.Don't wanna buy a new machine just yet...I'm running win8 x 64 bit.But want to update the os to a...
  3. Win 8 upgrade to win 8.1 or 10..

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Win 8 upgrade to win 8.1 or 10..: Hi team.I have an issue with updating from win 8 to. 8.1..or 10.I don't use my notebook that often and only for email, word documents and printing..small browsing and you tube.Don't wanna buy a new machine just yet...I'm running win8 x 64 bit.But want to update the os to a...
  4. Error code: 1-8

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Error code: 1-8: A few months ago I bought the virtual reality headset hp reverb g2 and after a week i did not playing them I had the error 8-1 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/error-code-1-8/528667d3-0819-45b7-8cf4-848089f68983
  5. Error code: 1-8

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Error code: 1-8: A few months ago I bought the virtual reality headset hp reverb g2 and after a week i did not playing them I had the error 8-1 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/error-code-1-8/528667d3-0819-45b7-8cf4-848089f68983
  6. upgrade from win 8 to win 10

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    upgrade from win 8 to win 10: hi can I upgrade my win 8 on a tablet samsung Ativ tab3 to win 10 thank you https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/upgrade-from-win-8-to-win-10/61700be7-585e-4c5c-8493-1a14befff78e
  7. Is Ultra Uxtheme Patcher Safe?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Is Ultra Uxtheme Patcher Safe?: This might be a dumb question I love to customize Windows, and I want some custom themes but I just don't know if ultra uxtheme will break my computer. I'm on Windows 10 home 1909 submitted by /u/tushy444 [link] [comments]...
  8. UxTheme MultiPatcher... now what

in Windows 10 Customization
    UxTheme MultiPatcher... now what: Heya folks, I had used this tool to do some patching [Warning, dont visit: Windowsxlive.net] But now what do I do? Gibe theme pls. Has anyone here experience with this method of theming? *Party 79683
  9. WIN 10 REGISTRY Compared to Win 7/8

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    WIN 10 REGISTRY Compared to Win 7/8: Hi, I have lots of Registry tweaks ( reg files ) from the win7/8 forums collected over the years. When I set up win 8, I noticed many of the win 7 reg settings were similar and worked in win 8, but a few did not, mainly to do with ui iirc. Now I want to use the...
  10. Win 8 not 8.1 upgrade to win 10?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Win 8 not 8.1 upgrade to win 10?: I have a laptop with win 8 on it it does not have win 8.1 on it, can I use the win 10 mediacreation tool to upgrade win 8 (non 8.1) to win 10? 43418