Windows 10: V. 1703 resizes/repositions program windows after turning off screen

Discus and support V. 1703 resizes/repositions program windows after turning off screen in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Hello all, I updated Windows 10 (64 Bit) to Version 1703 yesterday. Since doing so, Windows resizes and repositions the program windows on my laptop... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by eculeus, May 10, 2017.

1. eculeus Win User

V. 1703 resizes/repositions program windows after turning off screen

Hello all,

I updated Windows 10 (64 Bit) to Version 1703 yesterday. Since doing so, Windows resizes and repositions the program windows on my laptop display whenever I turn off (and on again) my screen.

I use Intel(R) HD Graphics 5500 and all drivers are up to date.

I searched in other forums and found entries about similar problems with Windows 7, but only when users were working on several screens at the same time. I have only one, which is integrated in my laptop.

Please let me know if you have similar problems or an idea for how to solve this.

Thank you!

:)

eculeus, May 10, 2017
  2. Martmcd Win User

Manually Resize Windows in W10

which browser?

to move a tab to a new window in Edge, drag the tab from the title bar to a new position on the screen.

turn off tablet mode, turn off snap. drag the edges of the windows to resize, drag the title bar to reposition.

Martmcd, May 10, 2017
  3. How do I stop Windows 10 from resizing and repositioning my windows when my computer goes to sleep?

I have Windows 10 and am using an HP 2311x monitor. Whenever my computer goes to sleep and I go back to work, any open windows I had are all resized and repositioned on my screen. This is supremely obnoxious -- how can I make it stop?

LOHADdotcom, May 10, 2017
Thema:

V. 1703 resizes/repositions program windows after turning off screen

1. V. 1703 resizes/repositions program windows after turning off screen - Similar Threads - 1703 resizes repositions

2. Some programs resizing when monitors turned off then back on.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Some programs resizing when monitors turned off then back on.: I have 2 x Corsair XENEON 32QHD165 monitors both connected via USB to the PC. Every time the monitors are turned off or the USB disconnects some of the programs on my PC resize themselves, like Steam. It'll go from a small window to a LARGE full sized window but not full...
  3. Some programs resizing when monitors turned off then back on.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Some programs resizing when monitors turned off then back on.: I have 2 x Corsair XENEON 32QHD165 monitors both connected via USB to the PC. Every time the monitors are turned off or the USB disconnects some of the programs on my PC resize themselves, like Steam. It'll go from a small window to a LARGE full sized window but not full...
  4. Windows 10 windows resizing and repositioning

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 10 windows resizing and repositioning: My windows in Windows 10 desktop are resizing and repositioning to the upper left corner AFTER windows update automatically runs weekly in the middle of the night. When I wake the computer up, the windows are shrunk and repositioned and I need to adjust. Is there any way to...
  5. Windows 10 windows resizing and repositioning

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 10 windows resizing and repositioning: My windows in Windows 10 desktop are resizing and repositioning to the upper left corner AFTER windows update automatically runs weekly in the middle of the night. When I wake the computer up, the windows are shrunk and repositioned and I need to adjust. Is there any way to...
  6. Windows 10 windows resizing and repositioning

in Windows 10 Customization
  7. Turn off image resizing

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Turn off image resizing: Several times I've needed to e-mail an image file on my computer. In previous versions of Windows, I could just right-click on the file and hit "Send to->Mail Recipient" and a new e-mail in Thunderbird would open up with the file attached. Now however I get a dialog box...
  8. Windows 10 Repositioning and Resizing

Windows 10 Repositioning and Resizing: How can I prevent Windows 10 windows from repositioning and resizing after sleep? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-10-repositioning-and-resizing/c154f906-b973-4efa-9d15-3b181f17ff31
  9. screen reposition

screen reposition: i have a new computer with windows 10, i set it up on an older monitor, when I switched to a newer monitor, larger monitor the image is far to the right and not showing everything...
  10. Windows 10 repositions/resizes programs when locking or switching users

Windows 10 repositions/resizes programs when locking or switching users: This is a common issue among large screen resolutions and has been around since at least 2011 as evident by this post: https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_7-desktop/is-there-a-way-to-set-windows-7-login-screen/b6b95eb5-736e-e011-8dfc-68b599b31bf5 Will...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. windows 10 screem resizes