Windows 10: V. 1703 resizes/repositions program windows after turning off screen

Discus and support V. 1703 resizes/repositions program windows after turning off screen in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Hello all, I updated Windows 10 (64 Bit) to Version 1703 yesterday. Since doing so, Windows resizes and repositions the program windows on my laptop... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by eculeus, May 10, 2017.

1. eculeus Win User

V. 1703 resizes/repositions program windows after turning off screen

Hello all,

I updated Windows 10 (64 Bit) to Version 1703 yesterday. Since doing so, Windows resizes and repositions the program windows on my laptop display whenever I turn off (and on again) my screen.

I use Intel(R) HD Graphics 5500 and all drivers are up to date.

I searched in other forums and found entries about similar problems with Windows 7, but only when users were working on several screens at the same time. I have only one, which is integrated in my laptop.

Please let me know if you have similar problems or an idea for how to solve this.

Thank you!

:)

eculeus, May 10, 2017
  2. Martmcd Win User

Manually Resize Windows in W10

which browser?

to move a tab to a new window in Edge, drag the tab from the title bar to a new position on the screen.

turn off tablet mode, turn off snap. drag the edges of the windows to resize, drag the title bar to reposition.

Martmcd, May 10, 2017
  3. How do I stop Windows 10 from resizing and repositioning my windows when my computer goes to sleep?

I have Windows 10 and am using an HP 2311x monitor. Whenever my computer goes to sleep and I go back to work, any open windows I had are all resized and repositioned on my screen. This is supremely obnoxious -- how can I make it stop?

LOHADdotcom, May 10, 2017
Thema:

V. 1703 resizes/repositions program windows after turning off screen

1. V. 1703 resizes/repositions program windows after turning off screen - Similar Threads - 1703 resizes repositions

2. screen won't turn on after timeout or turn off

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    screen won't turn on after timeout or turn off: any form of turn off or timeout for the screen makes it refuse to turn back on ex : sleep , screen timeout , leaving it for a few minutes after restart and it even prevents sleep , the power button should indicate that the pc is asleep when it is , now it doesn't...
  3. screen reposition

in Windows 10 Customization
    screen reposition: i have a new computer with windows 10, i set it up on an older monitor, when I switched to a newer monitor, larger monitor the image is far to the right and not showing everything...
  4. Screen not turning off

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Screen not turning off: My screen is supposed to turn off after 4 minutes, but it is not; just started doing this tonight. Why? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/screen-not-turning-off/d4dde6c0-82c1-4eda-9bf3-451d2b9021be
  5. Windows 10 repositions/resizes programs when locking or switching users

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows 10 repositions/resizes programs when locking or switching users: This is a common issue among large screen resolutions and has been around since at least 2011 as evident by this post: https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_7-desktop/is-there-a-way-to-set-windows-7-login-screen/b6b95eb5-736e-e011-8dfc-68b599b31bf5 Will...
  6. Windows Resizing After Full Screen

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    Windows Resizing After Full Screen: After I exit certain games that operate in full screen mode, the surrounding window sizes of other applications (such as Windows Explorer) are drastically reduced, forcing me to manually resize them. I have an HP Omen desktop with a Nvidia GTX 1060 graphics card, connected...
  7. Hyper-V Resizeable Windows

in Windows 10 Virtualization
    Hyper-V Resizeable Windows: For those unaware, you can now resize your Hyper-V windows "on the fly" (enhanced mode at least) . Previously, you had to do it via config files before you started vm up. Now you do not have to scroll or go to fullscreen mode to get to task bar. Makes it much better...
  8. turn off pad horizontal and vertical resizing

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    turn off pad horizontal and vertical resizing: Thanks for this info - but I'm looking to turn off the function of the pad that enables horizontal and vertical resizing (it's driving me crazy!) Do I just delete the files? I should clarify - I mean the mousepad. When I swipe over it, it's increasing and decreasing what...
  9. Black screen after turning monitor off and on

in Windows 10 Support
    Black screen after turning monitor off and on: Hello all I have a desktop PC, running windows 10 video card NVIDIA GTX 750Ti driver 364.72 (newest) Dual Monitor : BENQ connected with Digital Port HP connected with DVI Problem: if I switch the BENQ monitor off, when I turn it on again it displays a...
  10. Screen turns off shortly after turn on.

in Windows 10 Support
    Screen turns off shortly after turn on.: I have installed the Fall Creator's update that some how upset my printer settings but that is sorted. However I now find that when I turn on the computer the sign in screen appears but unless I log in within a few minutes the screen turns off. This is since the update so...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. windows 10 screem resizes