Windows 10: v1607: Can't disable last user auto login

Discus and support v1607: Can't disable last user auto login in User Accounts and Family Safety to solve the problem; Before v1607, I used the gpedit logon script to disable the automatic login of non-passworded accounts. It's been fine for all the time I've been with... Discussion in 'User Accounts and Family Safety' started by robb213, Aug 12, 2016.

1. robb213 Win User

v1607: Can't disable last user auto login

Before v1607, I used the gpedit logon script to disable the automatic login of non-passworded accounts. It's been fine for all the time I've been with Win10 since release.
    Specifically:
    Code: Name: C:\Windows\System32\reg.exe Parem: ADD HKLM\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Authentication\LogonUI\UserSwitch /V Enabled /T REG_dWORD /D 1 /F[/quote] Since v1607 hit, it has stopped working. So I tried this instead, and the keys/strings were already set as it says so on the guide--so nothing to do there.

Does anyone else have any suggestions? Other than adding a password to this one account or having to type in a username/path to login (this account is for family members). Or did Microsoft bork something again?

:)

robb213, Aug 12, 2016

2. How to STOP Auto Login of last user - Windows 10

I agree ... It's a Bug ...

I have a password on the administrator User but not on the other home users ...

But when the computer boots up I do not want to auto login to the last user

ASimmonite, Aug 12, 2016
  3. Can't disable user login

Hi,

Sorry for the inconvenience caused to you.

Are you signed into a Microsoft account? If yes, try converting that account to a local account and check if it helps.

• Press Windows key, type Manage my accounts
      and hit Enter.

• Click on sign in with local account instead.

• Now, you'll be asked to create a local account. Follow on screen instructions.

• Skip the password boxes if you don't want to set a password.

Hope this helps. Keep us updated with the status of the issue to continue assisting you further.

Thank you.

Azaruddin Syed, Aug 12, 2016
  4. Brink
    Brink New Member

Hello Robb,

I'm afraid that the only way to stop this is to create a password for the account. You could make it something simple though to make it easy to use.

Brink, Aug 12, 2016
  5. robb213 Win User
    That's what I was afraid of was going to be the only option. Oh well, thanks for the input. They always break one thing and fix another...

robb213, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. v1607: Can't disable last user auto login - Similar Threads - v1607 Can't disable

2. How to STOP Auto Login of last user?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to STOP Auto Login of last user?: The same as How to STOP Auto Login of last user - Windows 10 - Microsoft Community.The issue still exists on Windows 11 v22H2! https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-stop-auto-login-of-last-user/4e72f814-315b-415b-bac7-715d2a1a0e10
  3. How to STOP Auto Login of last user?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to STOP Auto Login of last user?: The same as How to STOP Auto Login of last user - Windows 10 - Microsoft Community.The issue still exists on Windows 11 v22H2! https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-stop-auto-login-of-last-user/4e72f814-315b-415b-bac7-715d2a1a0e10
  4. [SOLUTION] Disable Auto-Login of Last User Without Password in Windows 10

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    [SOLUTION] Disable Auto-Login of Last User Without Password in Windows 10: For those having the same problem as this post, I have created a simple batch script to automatically edit the registry and its permissions to bring back the ability to choose a user upon startup, so you don't have to manually go to regedit and do the changes.For those who...
  5. [SOLUTION] Disable Auto-Login of Last User in Windows 10

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    [SOLUTION] Disable Auto-Login of Last User in Windows 10: For those having the same problem as this post, I have created a simple batch script to automatically edit the registry and its permissions to bring back the ability to choose a user upon startup, so you don't have to manually go to regedit and do the changes.For those who...
  6. [SOLUTION] Disable Auto-Login of Last User in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    [SOLUTION] Disable Auto-Login of Last User in Windows 10: For those having the same problem as this post, I have created a simple batch script to automatically edit the registry and its permissions to bring back the ability to choose a user upon startup, so you don't have to manually go to regedit and do the changes.For those who...
  7. [SOLUTION] Disable Auto-Login of Last User in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Gaming
    [SOLUTION] Disable Auto-Login of Last User in Windows 10: For those having the same problem as this post, I have created a simple batch script to automatically edit the registry and its permissions to bring back the ability to choose a user upon startup.For those who want to try, feedback would be great for me to see if my solution...
  8. How to STOP Auto Login of last user

in Windows 10 Customization
    How to STOP Auto Login of last user: How do I force Windows 10 to display a list of users instead of automatically logging to the last used account? I have seen "fixes" posted for Windows 8, but I have also seen lots of comments that these fixes won't work in Windows 10. I'm looking for a reliable fix for...
  9. Can't DISABLE auto login

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Can't DISABLE auto login: My Microsoft login automatically logins in on 3 computers, including one that I just bought. I have never enabled auto login for the user on any computer, so I don't know why it is doing this, and I especially don't know why it starts doing on any new computer that the user...
  10. How To Disable Auto Login Last User/Black Screen At Boot???

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    How To Disable Auto Login Last User/Black Screen At Boot???: Alright so for some reason ever since I've "upgraded" to Windows 10 from Windows 8.1 I've been having numerous issues with my computer taking a very long time to boot and I've noticed it is logging me in sometimes without asking me for my password at boot. I really want to...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. disable auto login last user

2. windows 10 disable last user auto-login