Windows 10: Vaio cannot run Recovery Wizard (Error:393)

Discus and support Vaio cannot run Recovery Wizard (Error:393) in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I updated to windows 10 on my Sony Vaio fit 13a SVF13N25CG (running Windows 8.1 when bought) yesterday. And I updated by following the instructions... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by kento1, Oct 21, 2015.

1. kento1 Win User

Vaio cannot run Recovery Wizard (Error:393)

I updated to windows 10 on my Sony Vaio fit 13a SVF13N25CG (running Windows 8.1 when bought) yesterday. And I updated by following the instructions from sony.

After updated, I wanted to clear all data on my notebook, so I executed windows 10 factory reset (didn't use the factory reset provided by Vaio). So all the pre-installed programs, including Vaio care, are lost. I just want to reset the notebook to the situation when I bought it. However, when I executed Vaio recovery solutions and try to "started recovery wizard" -> "skip rescue", a error 393 appeared (An error occured while executing an application).

What can I do to solve this problem? I just want to reset my notebook to its factory setting (same as when I bought it).

btw, I made a recovery usb using vaio care before I carried out factory reset. But it didn't work under the rescue mode of Vaio (same as the error 393 memtioned above, to "started recovery wizard" -> "skip rescue", a error 393 appeared).

Thank you for help~

:)

kento1, Oct 21, 2015
  2. kento1 Win User

Sony Laptop cannot run recovery wizard (Win 10)

I updated to windows 10 on my Sony Vaio fit 13a SVF13N25CG (running Windows 8.1 when bought) yesterday. And I updated by following the instructions from sony.

After updated, I wanted to clear all data on my notebook, so I executed windows 10 factory reset (didn't use the factory reset provided by Vaio). So all the pre-installed programs, including Vaio care, are lost. I just want to reset the notebook to the situation
    when I bought it. However, when I executed Vaio recovery solutions and try to "started recovery wizard" -> "skip rescue", a error 393 appeared (An error occured while executing an application).

What can I do to solve this problem? I just want to reset my notebook to its factory setting (same as when I bought it).

btw, I made a recovery usb using vaio care before I carried out factory reset. But it didn't work under the rescue mode of Vaio (same as the error 393 memtioned above, to "started recovery wizard" -> "skip rescue", a error 393 appeared).

Thank you for help~

kento1, Oct 21, 2015
  3. Error oxc0000102

I don't get Windows recovery screen only the vaio care rescue mode: vaio recovery solutions. I have 4 options there: start recovery wizard with or without rescuing all files. I tried it with the option of saving selected files as the last back up was done
    the last time the lap top crashed - i only had a few new things for saving but it was just offering me to save programs from partitions. Not files or folders.

The other from the 4 options i first listed is tools-maintain your system using custom recovery options and utilities: start advanced recovery wizard, vaio hardware diagnostics and rescue data.

I did the diagnostics which showed me there was this issue with one of the partitions that cannot be repaired( did it twice).

Doing another test of hard disc... :/ it telja me 790 mins remaining...

aleksandral74, Oct 21, 2015
  4. spapakons Win User

You mean you want to restore it to Windows 8.1 with all pre-installed software? If the recovery doesn't work, then your only solution is to clean install Windows 8.1 using the serial on the sticker. Then download all drivers and software from Sony and reinstall them. It will take some time, but it will be as good as new, you could even sell it.

spapakons, Oct 22, 2015
Thema:

1. Vaio cannot run Recovery Wizard (Error:393) - Similar Threads - Vaio cannot run

2. runtime error at 393:4904 could not call proc

in Windows 10 Gaming
    runtime error at 393:4904 could not call proc: I want to remove a certain app in my laptop, but it's giving me an error runtime error at 393:4904 could not call proc. Need fix, please help.Thanks....
  3. runtime error at 393:4904 could not call proc

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    runtime error at 393:4904 could not call proc: I want to remove a certain app in my laptop, but it's giving me an error runtime error at 393:4904 could not call proc. Need fix, please help.Thanks....
  4. runtime error at 393:4904 could not call proc

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. runtime error at 393:4904 could not call proc.

runtime error at 393:4904 could not call proc.: Hello, I want to remove software from my windows 10 notebook.However, the software can not be removed and show a window with information: runtime error at 393:4904 could not call proc.How should I fix it ?Thank you....
  6. runtime error at 393:4904 could not call proc.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    runtime error at 393:4904 could not call proc.: Hello, I want to remove software from my windows 10 notebook.However, the software can not be removed and show a window with information: runtime error at 393:4904 could not call proc.How should I fix it ?Thank you....
  7. runtime error at 393:4904 could not call proc.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  8. Cannot run Windows Recovery

Cannot run Windows Recovery: My access PIN stopped working after an update and now I cannot run Windows recovery because I cannot access my old account from the recovery option.What can I do?...
  9. Will windows 10 run on sony vaio sve15113en

Will windows 10 run on sony vaio sve15113en: I have a 7 year old sony vaio sve15113en that is came with windows 7 preinstalled. So I was thinking to install Windows 10. So will it run or not?...
  10. run set up wizard again

in Windows 10 Customization
    run set up wizard again: My PC is running on epic games launcher and not on set up wizard How to run set up wizard again? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/run-set-up-wizard-again/45090299-0747-4a27-b1e8-be2dc7493db4