Windows 10: Vanishing Folder

Discus and support Vanishing Folder in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I am trying to redo my Windows 10 PC. The network adaptors cannot be changed so I brought a new SSD drive and started installing everything fresh. Once... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by veldthui, Dec 26, 2015.

1. veldthui Win User

Vanishing Folder

I am trying to redo my Windows 10 PC. The network adaptors cannot be changed so I brought a new SSD drive and started installing everything fresh. Once Windows was up I started installing all my programs and transferring data from the original SSD to the new one. Do this by swapping it out. Evrything was going fine and I copied documents and AppData to a hard drive partition all good.
    Problem started when I tried to copy the music folder over for iTunes so I did not have to redo the library. Copied the folder to D: like everything else. Swapped out the drives and rebooted and no sign of the folder I copied over. Thought it was security related so created a new folder called my iTunes on the D drive under the new SSD. Swapped the drives and it was there on the old SSD. Copy the folders in the music folder into my folder and swapped the SSD's back and again now the my iTunes folder has vanished to the eye. No way to get at it under the new SSD even though the directory was created with it.

At a loss as to how to get the files over. Thought about a USB stick formatted as Fat32 to see if that works. Anyone else ever seen this issue? It is the first time I have seen it in many many years of computing going back to Commodore64

:)

veldthui, Dec 26, 2015
  2. VlBl84 Win User

Folder vanished

That's it? No more advice? I wonder how Microsoft feels about compensating me for my loss. The contents of that folder have cost me at least $90, in my estimation.

VlBl84, Dec 26, 2015
  3. VlBl84 Win User
    Folder vanished

I am using Windows 10, and I have just discovered that one of my folders has vanished. It is not anywhere on my hard drive, and I am quite sure I have not deleted it. FreeUndelete and Recuva were unable
    to find it, at any rate. Has anyone else run into such a problem, and, more importantly, is there a way to recover the lost data?

VlBl84, Dec 26, 2015
Thema:

Vanishing Folder

1. Vanishing Folder - Similar Threads - Vanishing Folder

2. Word files vanish when moved to a folder

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Word files vanish when moved to a folder: I own a small business and part of that job is creating invoices. I have a specific folder in my computer that I keep all my invoices in. Last night I made up invoice no 030 and made sure to save it to my invoice folder. I often accidentally save them to my regular documents,...
  3. Word files vanish when moved to a folder

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Word files vanish when moved to a folder: I own a small business and part of that job is creating invoices. I have a specific folder in my computer that I keep all my invoices in. Last night I made up invoice no 030 and made sure to save it to my invoice folder. I often accidentally save them to my regular documents,...
  4. Photoshop: Files vanishing immediately after being saved in specific folder

Photoshop: Files vanishing immediately after being saved in specific folder: November 15, 2015 forum member GrahamWhite1973 posted the following problem. I experience exactly the same saving psd-files in CS6. The thread was closed without a functioning solution. Nine years later, anyone who has the solution ?I make a .psd file in Photoshop the...
  5. Photoshop: Files vanishing immediately after being saved in specific folder

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Photoshop: Files vanishing immediately after being saved in specific folder: November 15, 2015 forum member GrahamWhite1973 posted the following problem. I experience exactly the same saving psd-files in CS6. The thread was closed without a functioning solution. Nine years later, anyone who has the solution ?I make a .psd file in Photoshop the...
  6. Some desktop icons, folders, files and games have vanished, help

in Windows 10 Customization
    Some desktop icons, folders, files and games have vanished, help: I just turned my laptop back on after restarting it and a lot of the files, folders, documents and games that I had on the desktop have suddenly vanished, there's still about 30% of them left, how do I get my missing items back?!?!?...
  7. Some desktop icons, folders, files and games have vanished, help

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Some desktop icons, folders, files and games have vanished, help: I just turned my laptop back on after restarting it and a lot of the files, folders, documents and games that I had on the desktop have suddenly vanished, there's still about 30% of them left, how do I get my missing items back?!?!?...
  8. Some desktop icons, folders, files and games have vanished, help

9. MS Word documents VANISH when placed in a folder, any folder

in Windows 10 Gaming
    MS Word documents VANISH when placed in a folder, any folder: I run Mac OS Ventura 13.5.1. I recently had to recover from a crash so everything has been reinstalled. All the MS apps have also been updated. I am using MS Word version 16.76.1 licensed for home use. To my utter horror when I drop ANY file into ANY folder it disappears. I...
  10. MS Word documents VANISH when placed in a folder, any folder

MS Word documents VANISH when placed in a folder, any folder: I run Mac OS Ventura 13.5.1. I recently had to recover from a crash so everything has been reinstalled. All the MS apps have also been updated. I am using MS Word version 16.76.1 licensed for home use. To my utter horror when I drop ANY file into ANY folder it disappears. I...