Windows 10: Various BSOD errors on new build

Discus and support Various BSOD errors on new build in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; So since putting together my first Intel build I have been getting all sorts of BSOD errors when booting up my computer. They seem to change pretty... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by jbastow, Feb 9, 2016.

1. jbastow Win User

Various BSOD errors on new build

So since putting together my first Intel build I have been getting all sorts of BSOD errors when booting up my computer. They seem to change pretty often but some of the most common ones have been:

MEMORY_MANAGEMENT
    BAD_POOL_HEADER
    SYSTEM_THREAD_EXCEPTION_NOT_HANDLED

The errors only occur when booting up my computer; once it 'diagnoses' itself I don't seem to have any problems after that, and I never get BSOD on restarts. So far some of the things i've tried:

- Updating all drivers numerous times
    - Uninstalling/reinstalling graphics driver in safe mode
    - Disabling start-up processes
    - Checking BIOS is up to date
    - Running disk checks
    - Running system file check
    - Running virus scans
    - Running Windows Memory Diagnostic
    - Uninstalling unnecessary software
    - Disconnecting external USB devices, as well as network adapter

Then yesterday I noticed that the PC boots up fine with only one ram stick inserted, but I get BSOD when both are inserted. I tried the other stick on its own and again it booted up fine. Then I tried them both together again, but in a different configuration, and I got BSOD. So I ran memtest86 on one of the sticks overnight, and this was the result:

Attachment 63462

Am I right in thinking that this means the RAM stick is faulty? I am going to run memtest on the other stick tonight.

In the meantime though, I was wondering if anyone could have a look at my logs (attached) and tell me if there's anything else causing the problem?

:)

jbastow, Feb 9, 2016

2. Various BSoD Errors After New System Build

What is your computer make and model? If not a branded computer what is your motherboard make and model?

Please download and run Driver View and upload a copy of
    the report it produces to your OneDrive. To get a report on all drivers select Edit, Select All followed by File, Save Selected Items.

DriverView: Loaded Windows Drivers List

Please provide a copy of your System Information file.
    To access your System Information file select the keyboard shortcut
    Win+R
    , type msinfo32 and press the ENTER
    key. Select File, Export and give the file a name noting where it is located.
    Do not place the cursor within the body of the report before exporting the file. The system creates a new System Information file each time system information is accessed. You need to allow a minute or two for
    the file to be fully populated before exporting a copy. Please upload the file to your OneDrive, share with everyone and post a link here. Reports in normal mode preferred. Please say if the report has been obtained in safe mode. If the report is in a language
    other than English, please state the language.

For help with OneDrive see paragraph 9.3:

gerrys template

Gerry C J Cornell, Feb 9, 2016
  3. Gigamic Win User
    Various BSoD Errors After New System Build

I feel silly for not posting my system specs. This is a custom built PC that I recently put together:

Processor: i7-6700k

GPU: GeForce GTX 980Ti

RAM: 16 GB of HyperX Fury DDR4 2666

MOBO: Z170 MSI Krait Gaming Motherboard

It also has two hardrives, an intel SSD, and is liquid cooled so heat should not be a problem (I've been monitoring the heat levels and they are chilly).

Driver View Report:

DriverViewReport.txt

System Info File (Normal Mode):

System Info File (Normal Mode).nfo

Gigamic, Feb 9, 2016
  4. axe0 New Member

That is right yes, the 0x50 is a bit known for being there when memory problems occur
    Code: PAGE_FAULT_IN_NONPAGED_AREA (50) Invalid system memory was referenced. This cannot be protected by try-except, it must be protected by a Probe. Typically the address is just plain bad or it is pointing at freed memory. Arguments: Arg1: ffffc0000290af28, memory referenced. Arg2: 0000000000000000, value 0 = read operation, 1 = write operation. Arg3: fffff803a952ac12, If non-zero, the instruction address which referenced the bad memory address. Arg4: 0000000000000002, (reserved)[/quote]

Thema:

1. Various BSOD errors on new build - Similar Threads - Various BSOD errors

2. BSODs with various errors

in Windows 10 Gaming
    BSODs with various errors: Hi all, Last night I started experiencing BSODs with various error codes, detailed chronologically below. I had not made any changes to my system in recent times. sfc scannow, dism checks, and memtest came back clean. SYSTEM_SERVICE_EXCEPTION 3bAn exception happened while...
  3. BSODs with various errors

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    BSODs with various errors: Hi all, Last night I started experiencing BSODs with various error codes, detailed chronologically below. I had not made any changes to my system in recent times. sfc scannow, dism checks, and memtest came back clean. SYSTEM_SERVICE_EXCEPTION 3bAn exception happened while...
  4. BSODs with various errors

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. Various BSOD errors

Various BSOD errors: Hi There, I'm hoping someone can help me here, I'm being pestered by random BSOD errors including Reference by Pointer PFN List Corrupt System Service exception I am not overclocking to my knowledge anything on my PC. I've tested my RAM and my HDD, both had errors....
  6. New PC build BSOD errors

New PC build BSOD errors: I've recently built a new PC and in it's original form, it worked fine. Had an issue with the top PCI-e slot being faulty though, so had to replace the motherboard. The new motherboard had no issues with the top PCI-e slot, however, after a few days it started to randomly...
  7. Bsod errors ntoskrnl.exe+ on new build.

Bsod errors ntoskrnl.exe+ on new build.: Hey guys, about 2 week ago i started having problems with my pc. Windows would freeze randomly with a buzzing sound until i would turn it off. I downloaded HWMonitor and everything was fine. Ran Memtests with no findings. Checked my SSD and it was fine. I also updated my...
  8. various different BSOD on new PC build

various different BSOD on new PC build: I built a PC a little more than a week ago. Within the first few days, I was having recurring issues with blue screens, seemingly a different error every time. Some of the errors I recall are System_Service_Exception, Critical_Process_Died, Kernel_Mode_Head_Corruption,...
  9. Various BSOD errors

Various BSOD errors: Hello, I have a Latitude E5450 laptop running Windows 10 with the latest updates. Recently I have started getting the blue screen of death very often (several times a day) with various errors. I did all the hardware diagnostic possible (memtest, CPU, GPU,..), all were...
  10. Multiple daily BSOD's on a new build with various different errors.

Multiple daily BSOD's on a new build with various different errors.: Earlier in the month I built a new PC for the Wife and I. I use it for gaming and she uses it for video editing. We have been getting random BSODs almost since day one, but they seem more frequent now for some reason. I would like to think I have a decent amount of PC...