Windows 10: Various BSOD on Startup, Error: PAGE_FAULT_IN_NONPAGED_AREA

Discus and support Various BSOD on Startup, Error: PAGE_FAULT_IN_NONPAGED_AREA in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Hi, I've had a series of problems starting my HP laptop (dv6t-7000) as it gives me a BSOD on startup. I do have Bitlocker setup (due to corporate... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by pdenner, Dec 29, 2015.

1. pdenner Win User

Various BSOD on Startup, Error: PAGE_FAULT_IN_NONPAGED_AREA

Hi,

I've had a series of problems starting my HP laptop (dv6t-7000) as it gives me a BSOD on startup. I do have Bitlocker setup (due to corporate requirements). I've gotten two main errors, both PAGE_FAULT_IN_NONPAGED_AREA, followed by either (NTFS.sys) or (iaStorAV.sys). Here are the things I've tried and the various errors I've received.

• If I go through my normal bootup process, I get my blue BitLocker screen that I'm used to.
      • If I enter my password like normal, I get the NTFS.sys error.
      • If I enter BitLocker recovery (press ESC at blue BitLocker screen), after entering my recovery key, it gives me a blue Recovery screen similar to the BitLocker one, but with an error of 0xc0000001.
    • If I enter the startup menu (hitting ESC at startup) and enter system recovery (F11), it brings me to another blue BitLocker screen.
      • If I enter my password like normal, I get the same 0xc0000001 error.
      • If I enter BitLocker recovery, I get the same NTFS.sys error.
    • If I startup from a Windows 10 installation disk (from the Media Creation tool), I can either choose Internal CD/DVD ROM Drive or the same with (UEFI). Both selections give me the same PAGE_FAULT_IN_NONPAGED_AREA error with (iaStorAV.sys).
    I've run some of the diagnostics from the startup menu (the HP PC Hardware Diagnostics UEFI version 1.6.0.0 - BIOS). The Memory Test passed, and I'm currently running the Long Hard Drive test but it'll be taking a couple hours. EDIT: Just ran the Long DST Hard Drive check and received this info:
    • SMART Check: Passed
    • LONG DST: Failed
    • Failure ID: UOF488-69S7TC-QFPK1G-618703

I'm really at a loss here and I'm not sure what else to do. I've done some research and figure I need to run a chkdsk or something like that, but I'm not sure how to go about doing that since I can't get into any semblance of a UI. Any help would be greatly appreciated!

And as far as the hard drive check...does this mean that my hard drive is failing and that it needs to be replaced? If so, that surprises me because I just replaced it not too long ago (about a year ago). What does this mean? Is there any hope to recover the data I had on it?

Thanks very much!

:)

pdenner, Dec 29, 2015
  2. bb2indc Win User

How to deal with BSOD (PAGE_FAULT_IN_NONPAGED_AREA)

Repeated BSOD with error PAGE_FAULT_IN_NONPAGED_AREA (HipShieldK.sys)

solution?

bb2indc, Dec 29, 2015
  3. Can't install KB3081455

I got so tired of these KB errors and Blue Screen of Death (BSOD) errors I did a clean install of Windows 10. Originally it was an update from 7 to 10. This didn't fix the problems. I got this yesterday:

• IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL BSOD error

• PAGE_FAULT_IN_NONPAGED_AREA
      BSOD error

• MEMORY_MANAGEMENT BSOD error

• BAD_POOL_HEADER BSOD error

• 2 unable to read memory warnings

SherryFelix, Dec 29, 2015
  4. axe0 New Member

Hi pdenner,

Yes, it means your hard drive is causing you problems and needs to be replaced.

Depending on how heavy the damage is, you may be able to recover the files with a docking station

Various BSOD on Startup, Error: PAGE_FAULT_IN_NONPAGED_AREA [​IMG]

Thema:

1. Various BSOD on Startup, Error: PAGE_FAULT_IN_NONPAGED_AREA - Similar Threads - Various BSOD Startup

2. BSOD error : PAGE_FAULT_IN_NONPAGED_AREA

in Windows 10 Gaming
    BSOD error : PAGE_FAULT_IN_NONPAGED_AREA: Error code:Stop code : PAGE_FAULT_IN_NONPAGED_AREAWhat failed : Wdf01000.sysPls help me solve this issueThis issue happened to me when I uninstalled IDMInternet Download Manager and it told me to restart my laptop so I restared it and this error just came....
  3. BSOD error : PAGE_FAULT_IN_NONPAGED_AREA

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    BSOD error : PAGE_FAULT_IN_NONPAGED_AREA: Error code:Stop code : PAGE_FAULT_IN_NONPAGED_AREAWhat failed : Wdf01000.sysPls help me solve this issueThis issue happened to me when I uninstalled IDMInternet Download Manager and it told me to restart my laptop so I restared it and this error just came....
  4. BSOD error : PAGE_FAULT_IN_NONPAGED_AREA

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. various errors on startup

in Windows 10 Gaming
    various errors on startup: Windows 10 Pro has been working since December and has only recently given me multiple "blue screens of death." At first, I thought it was a hardware issue and moved my GPU down a slot, but it has proven ineffective. I ran a driver check on armoury crate, and everything seems...
  6. various errors on startup

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    various errors on startup: Windows 10 Pro has been working since December and has only recently given me multiple "blue screens of death." At first, I thought it was a hardware issue and moved my GPU down a slot, but it has proven ineffective. I ran a driver check on armoury crate, and everything seems...
  7. various errors on startup

8. BSOD Error - PAGE_FAULT_IN_NONPAGED_AREA

BSOD Error - PAGE_FAULT_IN_NONPAGED_AREA: Hello, Seems like I'm getting the BSOD more frequently lately. This is the latest error to which I haven't seen before. I've included a link to the minidump. Can someone advise? TIA. Minidump...
  9. Various BSOD errors happening on startup and after login.

Various BSOD errors happening on startup and after login.: Hello, new to the forum. I've tried everything I know and I think I'm leaning towards a hardware issue, specifically I think RAM... but I don't feel qualified to make that call before going out and buying some new sticks. The errors I've seen so far are "MEMORY_MANAGEMENT,"...
  10. BSOD upgrading to Win10, error PAGE_FAULT_IN_NONPAGED_AREA

BSOD upgrading to Win10, error PAGE_FAULT_IN_NONPAGED_AREA: I tried to upgrade my laptop to Windows 10 Pro 32bit using the USB installation media (from the media creation tool). However during the first reboot, I encountered a Windows 10 BSOD with the message: PAGE_FAULT_IN_NONPAGED_AREA and was then rolled back to Windows 7...