Windows 10: Various issues with Edge; minimizing will make it dissapear, etc.

Discus and support Various issues with Edge; minimizing will make it dissapear, etc. in Browsers and Email to solve the problem; On my work PC (this one) I upgraded from Windows 7 x64 Ultimate to Windows 10 Pro x64. So I could keep my settings and stuff. The upgrade went... Discussion in 'Browsers and Email' started by HHawk, Oct 6, 2015.

1. HHawk Win User

Various issues with Edge; minimizing will make it dissapear, etc.

On my work PC (this one) I upgraded from Windows 7 x64 Ultimate to Windows 10 Pro x64. So I could keep my settings and stuff. The upgrade went succesful and everything works perfectly, except for Microsft Edge.

For some reason it has various issues on my work PC. At first, when I upgraded, I just thought Edge was buggy. But after I did a clean install on my PC (at home) I noticed the difference straight away.

The issues I am experiencing with Edge (on my work PC) are:

• if I run/start Edge once, it will always keep it in memory (you can see it in Task Manager). This is also confirmed when I use CCleaner. Even when everything is closed, it will mention if I want to close Edge so it can clean.
    • if I minimize Edge, it will disappear from the Task Bar. Though it won't show anymore in the Task Bar, it's still active (somewhere, probably memory), because if I click the Edge icon (Desktop) all opened pages open up again (and all instances of Edge)
    • if I go to my favourite site, called Tweakers.net, I get a message about cookies, click on accept and it will mention the cookies were already accepted on 18th of May. Then I click on any link on the page and *again* I am presented with the cookies message. This is a look and I cannot browse the website at all with Edge.

I tried many things. Cleaning all cookies, certificates, settings and even used the reset function on Edge, but nothing works. Issues will stay.

As mentioned before; at first I thought it was just Edge being buggy/crappy, however at my home PC (with a clean Windows 10 install) there are no problems whatsoever with Edge. As a matter of fact; none of the described problems above are apparent. It's working, hard to say, perfectly.

I obviously use several different browser, but I also use Edge at my work PC. Ofcourse I could (or should) do a clean install, but it's my work PC which has tons of programs installed (most of them with unique settings). So that's not really an option.

Anyone in here who has an idea? Or a fix or something else I could try (other than doing a clean install)?
    Is there a way to uninstall Edge completely (probably not) and re-installing it cleanly? Maybe that would work.

Edge, at least on my work PC, is really not workable at the moment.

:)

HHawk, Oct 6, 2015
  2. Joe_Murr Win User

Windows 10 Taskbar zero functionality.

Im having a big issue with my task bar. I have the following issues.

-I cannot access the start menu

-I cannot use cortanna

-All of the shortcuts i had pinned have dissapeared.

-The hidden shortcuts are all gone save one. an application for my nvidia graphics card is still active.

-the notificatin icon is still there, but my date and time settings have dissapeared.

-when i open a program through other means (programs on the desktop/ through task manager/ win+R) it will not show up in the taskbar. if i minimize th program i can not get it back, save through maybe the task manager.

I'm super dissapointed with this. ive been trying to find solutions for 5 hours. i have tried the following

-Various Command promt codes, like the ones featured on this site for similar problems.

-various powershell commands, like the ones featured on this site for similar problems.

-restarting explorer

-cold boot.

I'm really lost. ill run through it all again if i need to. i just want my computer to work.

Joe_Murr, Oct 6, 2015
  3. DewgZom Win User
    Modify Edge Settings in Audit Mode

While setting up an image for Windows 10 Pro, while in Audit Mode, you cannot make changes to Edge. I'd like to be able to setup various settings (home page, pop up blocker, Home button, etc.) that will be set for every user via copyprofile in sysprep.
    IE11 can be setup this way, but Edge doesn't work in Audit Mode.

How do you make changes to Edge while in Audit Mode before sysprep/image creation?

DewgZom, Oct 6, 2015
Thema:

Various issues with Edge; minimizing will make it dissapear, etc.

1. Various issues with Edge; minimizing will make it dissapear, etc. - Similar Threads - Various issues Edge

2. Various issues

in Windows 10 Customization
    Various issues: I'm having several issues out of my computer on the Win 10 Home 64 bit version. On startup, frequently none of the shortcuts for the apps I keep on my taskbar will pull up, start menu will not pull up, anything pertaining to Windows or Microsoft will not pull up, I.E. Apps,...
  3. Graphic details dissapear when minimizing and maximizing browser

in Browsers and Email
    Graphic details dissapear when minimizing and maximizing browser: Hello, I have a odd problem that i investigate at the moment. But could not understand what is causing it. We have a webapplication that shows maps with details like streets and water pipelines and so on. When some users minimize their webbrowsers ( in Win 10) and then after...
  4. Various BSOD Issues: KERNEL_AUTO_BOOST_INVALID_LOCK_RELEASE, etc.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Various BSOD Issues: KERNEL_AUTO_BOOST_INVALID_LOCK_RELEASE, etc.: Hi, So I built my PC a few months ago and every once in a while I'd get various BSODs. They recently stopped occurring till one day windows could not be read on my boot drive so I performed a fresh install. Now the BSODs happens more often. I'm not very good with software...
  5. Various issues in explorer, thumbails/file type icons dissapearing, open with context menu...

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Various issues in explorer, thumbails/file type icons dissapearing, open with context menu...: None of these problems exist in a new profile I created. When first login the thumbnails are present, after a while they go away. When try to use file open with, it freezes windows explorer and i have to restart it. There is a com host process running all the time using...
  6. Various Issues

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Various Issues: Hello, I am having quite a bit of trouble with various things and I am not too sure how to proceed. An overview of my situation: - Unable to check for updates within the settings app. I am given an error code when I try to check 0x80080005. - When I click on "Advanced...
  7. Minimize issues

in Windows 10 Customization
    Minimize issues: windows 10 . When I minimize my edge browser page It restarts the page to the default. the other apps work fine and don't restart. this happens whenever I use the right hand corner minimize button....
  8. Accessing statements etc on various sites

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Accessing statements etc on various sites: Recently I am having problems trying to open statements etc on various sites I have always used. Laptop continues to download 50+ in seconds. Only way to stop it is by closing the site but I do not get any statement to view. Have to delete all history & downloads. Really...
  9. Edge closes when minimized

in Browsers and Email
    Edge closes when minimized: Hello, while I am online and if I minimize the window, Edge closes. This seems to be happening after the most recent update to Windows Defender. Can someone help? Thank you 120625
  10. Minimize Edge, and it disappears?

in Browsers and Email
    Minimize Edge, and it disappears?: Hey guys/gals, I'm on Windows 10 Pro Build 14316.rs1_release, 160402-2217. Every time I minimize the Edge Browser, it minimizes fine, but then I go to click on the edge logo on my taskbar, and it pulls up a new window, I can't get back to the window I had open before. I've...