Windows 10: VBA Forms textbox Date format locale problem

Discus and support VBA Forms textbox Date format locale problem in Microsoft Office and 365 to solve the problem; I'm using Excel VBA and an MSForms Textbox, bound to a worksheet cell containing a UK fiscal year date value of 6th April of some year I simply want... Discussion in 'Microsoft Office and 365' started by spilly, Jun 4, 2018.

1. spilly Win User

VBA Forms textbox Date format locale problem

I'm using Excel VBA and an MSForms Textbox, bound to a worksheet cell
    containing a UK fiscal year date value of 6th April of some year

I simply want to display this date in a Forms Textbox, formatted in my locale style - dd/mm/yyyy OR dd mmm yyyy

I can find no way to achieve this using a textbox control bound to the worksheet cell.
    (clarification added by OP....)
    The value always shows as "mm/dd/yyyy", even if the cell.text shows "6 Apr 2018"
    I've concluded that Binding to a cell always binds to the Value,
    and that dates are automatically and unconditionally formatted to the US locale

Is that right? - You have to use an unbound ControlSource property ?
    or am I missing something obvious somewhere?

:)

spilly, Jun 4, 2018
  2. stephen88 Win User

Issue with using 'return key' in multiline textbox

When I use multiline textbox, I got strange behavier, when I type the 'enter' key, instead of going to next line, the textbox expand to whole form area, still editable, then return key works, and I see two buttons showed below the form: Done and Cancel,
    push either one, textbox will back to original shape and size (and if type 'return' key, will expand again), seems 'return' key trigers the textbox internal event, pop up a default form, and whatever I set the acceptsReturn property 'true' or 'false' for textbox,
    it functions same.

I use visual studio 8 as development tool, and windows mobile 6 standard emulator, can somebody give me a suggestion?

Thanks.

stephen88, Jun 4, 2018
  3. Windows 10 Date Format

Hi Steve,

Welcome to Microsoft Community and thank you for your interest in Windows 10.

I understand that you are unable to locate the date format. I will definitely assist you.

Please follow the below steps and check.

• Click on the Date and time at the right bottom corner of your screen.

• Click on Date and time settings and click on
      Change date and time format on right pane.
    Hope this helps. If you need further assistance with Windows, let us know and will be glad to help.

Billion Debbarma, Jun 4, 2018
Thema:

VBA Forms textbox Date format locale problem

1. VBA Forms textbox Date format locale problem - Similar Threads - VBA Forms textbox

2. How Change Date Format in Calendar

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How Change Date Format in Calendar: Hi I am using the Calender app (not the flyup calendar from the task bar). The one found in Start> Calendar. The format of the dates in the calendar are US ie 1st August is displayed as 8/1. Since I'm in Australia, I prefer to see 1/8. All other date setting in my Windows...
  3. Short Date format options differ

in Windows 10 Customization
    Short Date format options differ: I have a question about why I have different short date data format options on my SP6 vs my SP3 when they are both running ver 1903. SP6 [ATTACH] SP3 [ATTACH]...
  4. Win10 feature request: Correct date format for es-MX locale

Win10 feature request: Correct date format for es-MX locale: For the es-MX locale the short date format in Win10 appears like: 25/dic./2019 (ie. months in lowercase and with an ending dot: ene. feb. mar.) It should be like in Win7 25/Dic/2019 (ie. months capitalized and WITHOUT an ending dot: Ene Feb Mar) This issue is very...
  5. How to view multiple lines in a Windows Forms TextBox control so that the last visible line...

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    How to view multiple lines in a Windows Forms TextBox control so that the last visible line...: How to view multiple lines in a Windows Forms TextBox control so that the last visible line is not cut vertically without changing the font and size of the Textbox? It works fine automaticaly in all versions of Windows until Windows 10 1809....
  6. VBA Question

in Microsoft Office and 365
    VBA Question: Hi all, I am attempting to teach myself VBA in Excel and I am asking is it possible to invoke a macro depending on the contents of a cell? please. Len 129175
  7. VBA code

VBA code: I have been working on program in VBA code. I have been able to access with alt F11. Now I am unable to view my code. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-other_settings/vba-code/e9ef2778-957d-4354-8346-458793521d8b
  8. Change date format

Change date format: how do i change date format to mm/dd/yyy. currently it shows dd/mm/yyyy. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-other_settings/change-date-format/369e7554-8e46-40f7-b522-b8c0a3b672ef
  9. Date format in lock screen

Date format in lock screen: Hi, I'm a new user posting here, but I've been using 7formus for a lot of time. The guides are just amazing. I installed Windows 10 yesterday and used a lot of registry hacks already. I'm having a little problem with the new lock screen, and maybe you guys can figure it...
  10. Can't format local drive

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Can't format local drive: Hi, I have a local Disk (D), which it's content is from my previous PC (Drive C in my previous PC). I don't need it anymore, and I think it is causing problems to Office. I uninstalled Office, and I'm trying to format this D drive, before I install a newer version of...