Windows 10: Venerable Thinkpad T430 no speakers after 1709?

Discus and support Venerable Thinkpad T430 no speakers after 1709? in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; *cry perplexing. My pristine thinkpad T430's Realtek High Def audio seems installed right, no bangs, no obvious errors, but with version1709 build... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by cognus, Nov 20, 2017.

1. cognus Win User

Venerable Thinkpad T430 no speakers after 1709?

*cry perplexing. My pristine thinkpad T430's Realtek High Def audio seems installed right, no bangs, no obvious errors, but with version1709 build 16299.64 Pro, no sound emerges from speakers. Was good before now - very good in fact.
    Using the built in test facilities, nothing appears to be wrong except there is no sound at all.

if I plug the headphones in, everything's good. With the Realtek driver [last updated May of 2015, windows Catalog], plugging and unplugging headphones shows no change in the control panel or popup: that is, there is no indication of the headphones in use, even when that is the case: still shows "speakers". If I switch the audio device to the Microsoft generic HD device, it will reflect the distinction between headphones/speakers, but speakers still not producing a peep. headphones ok.

is there some other bit of driver-ware that I need to be looking at? All help greatly appreciated.

c

:)

cognus, Nov 20, 2017

2. Updated to Win10. Cannot Detect Speakers in 2nd display.

I have a Thinkpad T430 hooked up to a Samsung TV. Before the upgrade, I was able to choose which speakers to use (Default speakers on laptop or Samsung TV Speakers). After upgrading to Windows 10, the only sound comes through my laptop speaker. My laptop
    does not detect the speakers in the TV even though both my laptop and monitor seem to be working well.

Does anyone know how to fix this?

NelsonShang, Nov 20, 2017
  3. imagus Win User
    KB3163018 causes bluescreen in DirectX DXGMMS1.sys when I maximize video

Same problem with ThinkPad T430, NVS 5400M + intel 4000

Windows 1607

imagus, Nov 20, 2017
  4. Barman58 Win User

This is not an unheard of event, Microsoft sometimes makes a slight improvement to windows that affects the way that a driver has to be written to operate, this is not done often as they have rules that they follow to minimise these outages,

Although the Microsoft OEM partners are kept up to date the issue arrives when the hardware manufacturer does not re-write the driver for their hardware in time for the update to windows (most are reactive not proactive).

Only thing I can suggest is that you check with the manufacturer's site to see if they have a suitable replacement driver available, it will eventually be added to the windows catalogue but this may take a while.

you may have some luck trying the Realtek site for drivers as they write the base code for laptop manufacturers to use, modified, for their hardware

Barman58, Nov 20, 2017
  5. f14tomcat Win User
    You probably already tried this, but uninstall the device thru Device manager, including the drivers, reboot and let Windows reinstall it. Fairly quick and worth a shot.

f14tomcat, Nov 20, 2017
  6. cognus Win User
    well - I should have done this b4 posting: I pulled the battery, held the power button for awhile, reinstalled, rebooted. now working.
    wish I knew the Why, but works using the generic driver. About to give it a shot with the realtek driver.

The HW ID is HDAUDIO\FUNC_01&VEN_10EC&DEV_0269&SUBSYS_17AA21F3
    Lenovo only lists these drivers [the one I have is the last one; HID]
    • Lenovo HID HW Radio Driver for Windows 10 (32-bit, 64-bit), 8.1 (32-bit , 64-bit), 8 (32-bit , 64-bit) - ThinkPad
    • 2015/06/08
    • Realtek High Definition Audio Driver for Windows 10 (32-bit, 64-bit), 8.1 (32-bit, 64-bit), 8 (32-bit, 64-bit), 7 (32-bit, 64-bit), XP - ThinkPad
    • 6.0.1.7040 / 5.10.0.7040
    • 2013/11/10

cognus, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. Venerable Thinkpad T430 no speakers after 1709? - Similar Threads - Venerable Thinkpad T430

2. Speakers barely audible Lenovo ThinkPad T490 20NY

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Speakers barely audible Lenovo ThinkPad T490 20NY: Solution: No troubleshooting tips worked, so I rolled back my device's sound driver to the previously installed driver: System settings/Device Properties/Additional Device Properties/Properties/Change Settings/Driver/Roll Back Driver/Previous version of the driver seemed more...
  3. Speakers barely audible Lenovo ThinkPad T490 20NY

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Speakers barely audible Lenovo ThinkPad T490 20NY: Solution: No troubleshooting tips worked, so I rolled back my device's sound driver to the previously installed driver: System settings/Device Properties/Additional Device Properties/Properties/Change Settings/Driver/Roll Back Driver/Previous version of the driver seemed more...
  4. Speakers barely audible Lenovo ThinkPad T490 20NY

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. ThinkPad not booting after post

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    ThinkPad not booting after post: I have a Lenovo ThinkPad E550. System type: 20DF00CQUKsortedOS Edit Win Pro version1909 OSBuild 10.0.18363.1316 which was activated on a digital license I believe. I have had lots of problems with the windows including half the bottom keyboard keys not working and screen...
  6. ThinkPad not booting after post

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    ThinkPad not booting after post: I have a Lenovo ThinkPad E550. System type: 20DF00CQUKsortedOS Edit Win Pro version1909 OSBuild 10.0.18363.1316 which was activated on a digital license I believe. I have had lots of problems with the windows including half the bottom keyboard keys not working and screen...
  7. Bluetooth function disappeared - Windows 10 - Thinkpad T430

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Bluetooth function disappeared - Windows 10 - Thinkpad T430: submitted by /u/zip27 [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/j0d4c9/bluetooth_function_disappeared_windows_10/
  8. Bluetooth Capability not detected - Windows 10 - Lenovo Thinkpad T430

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Bluetooth Capability not detected - Windows 10 - Lenovo Thinkpad T430: So my Bluetooth was working fine on my Windows 10 PC Lenovo T430 for the past few months. Then, suddenly, today when I went on Settings to check my Bluetooth, it says Bluetooth is turned off - there is no option to turn Bluetooth off and on, and it has disappeared from Action...
  9. fingerprint scanner lenovo thinkpad t430 not working

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    fingerprint scanner lenovo thinkpad t430 not working: i have a lenovo thinkpad t430 and i have a built in fingerprint scanner in my laptop and i chose this laptop because my mate has the same but he is running windows 10 and can use the fingerprint scanner as security and im running windows 10 but cannot get mine to function on...
  10. Speaker/sound issue following 1709 upgrade

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Speaker/sound issue following 1709 upgrade: , Many thanks for your help. I'll pursue the leads you have turned up for me, and I'll circle back and let you know when I get it sorted! Thanks again. No problem - good luck!