Windows 10: Veracrypt not possible with GPT drive system

Discus and support Veracrypt not possible with GPT drive system in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; you see the image attached? hi btw *Smile I want to encrypt my computer but veracrypt seems to be incompatible with GUID. can I keep my windows... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by premier69, Dec 11, 2015.

1. premier69 Win User

Veracrypt not possible with GPT drive system

you see the image attached?

hi btw *Smile

I want to encrypt my computer but veracrypt seems to be incompatible with GUID. can I keep my windows installation and convert to MBR so that I can encrypt?

Or should I go with the now dated and discontinued truecrypt? are there any free alternatives besides bitlocker?

:)

premier69, Dec 11, 2015

2. Windows 7 to 10 upgrade: TrueCrypt 7.1a

> I then re encrypted the Windows 10 drive using TrueCrypt and it is working fine.

Good news. However, I assume it is only possible with "old" MBR partitions, not "new" GPT ones? And it's not only Trucrypt's problem, same goes for TC's forks like VeraCrypt or CipherShed, if I'm not mistaken...

TomaszKobosz, Dec 11, 2015
  3. Jay Jap Win User
    Can't do a check disk on VeraCrypt volume, VSS-error

Hello,

Regarding this concern, it would be best that you send a feedback to the developers of the said program. We're not sure what hinders CHKDSK when the VeraCrypt is running. One thing is for sure, this program is developed for Drive protections and that could
    be the reason why VeraCrypt thinks that the CHKDSK is harmful to the system.

For further queries, feel free to post back.

Regards.

Jay Jap, Dec 11, 2015
Thema:

Veracrypt not possible with GPT drive system

1. Veracrypt not possible with GPT drive system - Similar Threads - Veracrypt possible GPT

2. Changing Drive to a GPT Drive

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Changing Drive to a GPT Drive: Is there a Free Tool that Can and does Change the actual format of a HDD, has a 4TB drive and would like to use the whole drive not just 2TB https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/changing-drive-to-a-gpt-drive/2e69600e-a112-46e5-a6a4-407a7a1d1386
  3. Veracrypt vs Bitlocker Formatting drive?

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Veracrypt vs Bitlocker Formatting drive?: I have a new drive, it's for storage only, can I simply use quick format with Veracrypt? Bitlocker has the option to encrypt as you put data on the drive, instead of encrypting the whole drive first, is that not similar to quick format? Encrypt the entire drive, or to not...
  4. Veracrypt automount

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Veracrypt automount: Hey! How do i get veracrypt to automount? i have diffrent passwords, on all my veracrypt drives? 180623
  5. Veracrypt

Veracrypt: Hello, Long time no see I have installed Veracrypt for some time ago! but now it keeps dismounting the drive i have encrypted and i have the following settings: but it keeps dismounting 179135
  6. veracrypt

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    veracrypt: I am trying to build a 2+TB container on a 5TB USB 7200RPM hard drive using a dell 5584 with a IntelR CoreTM i5-8265U CPU @ 1.60GHz. It wants to take more than 4 days. Mostly this appears through the task manager to be that it is writing less than 0.8MB per sec, and often...
  7. Image of Veracrypt encrypted system drive

in Windows 10 Backup and Restore
    Image of Veracrypt encrypted system drive: I use a laptop with a Veracrypt encrypted system drive (yes I know I could use Bitlocker but no, I don't trust Microsoft when it comes to encryption). Now I want to create an image of the drive using Macrium Reflect booted from a USB thumb drive. Would that work? And if it...
  8. System-wide freezing with VeraCrypt system drive encryption

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    System-wide freezing with VeraCrypt system drive encryption: I have this problem for a while now. I use VeraCrypt for the system Windows drive and other volumes. When memory usage is heavy usually because of Firefox Portable, eventually everything freezes, and the disk I/O LED at my notebook becomes unlit indefinitely. The only way out...
  9. GPT drive

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    GPT drive: I just upgraded my computer from Windows 7 to Windows 10. I have software installed on an SSD and data on a 4TB second hard drive. Somehow, in the upgrade, my data drive turned in to a GPT Protective Partition. I would like to return it to a Primary Partition without losing...
  10. No more Veracrypt for GPT, any good alternatives for locking computer?

No more Veracrypt for GPT, any good alternatives for locking computer?: There seems to be little or no encryption options for win 10 home users with new computers, Veracrypt will not encrypt my drive. Are there any good options to locking a computer drive that are better than the standard windows lock screen? 101438

Users found this page by searching for:

1. gpt veracrypt