Windows 10: Verify my Microsoft Account

Discus and support Verify my Microsoft Account in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; I work on two identical computers, main one at home, the other at work. Both under the same Microsoft Account (same email and account password) Now -... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by Sunburst55, Aug 15, 2018.

1. Verify my Microsoft Account

I work on two identical computers, main one at home, the other at work.

Both under the same Microsoft Account (same email and account password)

Now - The one at work asks me to Verify my account.

The email address shown is wrong (must be an old/first try one) ... and ... of course I'm at work and

the phone # shown / registered (last digits) is my home number. But I'm at work - at the work computer.

So - I cannot pick up the phone and receive/type in the code.

What to do??

Thanks

:)

Sunburst55, Aug 15, 2018

2. Verifying and 'add a microsoft account'

Hello Luka,

Thank you for visiting Microsoft Community and providing us with the detailed description about the issue.

As per the description, I understand that you are experiencing issue with verification and adding a Microsoft account in the system.

I certainly understand your concern and will try my best to help you.

I would suggest you to refer to the article given below and check if that helps.

Why do I need to verify my email address?

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/account-verify-id-email-address

Also, I would suggest you to switch current Microsoft User Account to Local Account and then create new user profile and then try signing into that account using your Microsoft account and check if
    that helps. Please follow the steps given below.

How to update windows Live Accounts into Local Accounts in windows 8.1

• First go to the Start Menu and start typing “Account” you will find the option “Your account settings

• Click and launch the setting page.

• Click on start menu and go to account settings.

• Go to Your accounts.

• Click “Disconnect” Windows 8.1 account settings
    Note: This will launch a prompt, you will need to confirm your current Windows Live account password. Also note by switching to your local accounts,
    you will NOT lose the settings or any files, the only advantage you will be missing out is the sync between other devices.

• Confirm switch to local Windows 8.1 accounts

• Now, create your local account password and hint.

• Switch to local Windows 8.1 accounts, confirm password
    Note: Windows will tell you in detail of what it means to switch to a local account. Read carefully if you have any concerns.

Switch to local accounts windows 8.1

That’s it, Windows will then log out the current account, and you will be able to log back in with the local accounts you have just created. All the cloud sync services will be disabled, if you changed your mind about going
    back to have a local account, you can always reconnect this local accounts to a Windows Live accounts.

How to convert Local account to Microsoft account, please follow the steps given below.

• On your keyboard press
      Win+C
      , and from the Charm bar that appears click Settings.

• Now click on Change PC settings.

• In the left pane, click on Users.

• In the right pane click on Switch to Microsoft account.

• Enter your current password and click
      next.

• If you already have a Microsoft account, enter the associated email address.

• If you already have a Microsoft account (i.e. Hotmail, Messenger, SkyDrive, Xbox, or Outlook.com account), enter your password. Otherwise, fill out the form to create your account. Click
      Next.

• Fill in the security information in order to recover your account in case of loss of password and click
      next.

• Finally, click on Finish.

• You will receive an email asking you to confirm the association of Windows 8 account. Make sure to complete the confirmation process.

• You are now connected with your Microsoft account.

• Next time when you start Windows, simply log in with your Microsoft account.
    The above steps holds good for Windows 10 as well.

For more information:

I would suggest you to refer to the suggestions provided by
    “Andre Da Costa” replied on January 22, 2015 in the following Microsoft Community link.

Frequently Asked Questions: Windows 10

Frequently Asked Questions: Windows 10

I hope this information is helpful.

Please do let us know if you need any further assistance, we will be glad to assist you.

Thank you.

Jayant Gupta, Aug 15, 2018
  3. John Vil Win User
    Microsoft account

Hi,

There may be several reasons why this message keeps appearing. Sometimes, this message is triggered if you are using a two-step verification in your email. We suggest that you try these methods below to resolve this concern:

• Log out and log in with your Local Account password or the Microsoft Account password again to check if this is caused by a glitch.
    • If you are not using a Microsoft account to sign in, create one, and use it to sign in.
    • Verify your identity on this PC. Open Settings > Accounts > Under
      Your accounts you will see a Verify your identity on this PC link > Click on
      Verify. Follow the prompts to identify your account.

Let us know if you will need further assistance.

John Vil, Aug 15, 2018
  4. sgage Win User

Verify my Microsoft Account

Verify Account

Interesting... I've never had to re-verify my account.

sgage, Aug 15, 2018
Thema:

Verify my Microsoft Account

1. Verify my Microsoft Account - Similar Threads - Verify Microsoft Account

2. Verify My Account

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Verify My Account: So, Every few months i get a alert to verify my account from seemingly nothing. sometimes it doesnt need anything, and other times it needs me to change my password, and send a verification code to my phone number. is this a forced feature/option, or am i just hacked???...
  3. Verify My Account

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Verify My Account: So, Every few months i get a alert to verify my account from seemingly nothing. sometimes it doesnt need anything, and other times it needs me to change my password, and send a verification code to my phone number. is this a forced feature/option, or am i just hacked???...
  4. Verifying microsoft account problem

in Windows 10 Customization
    Verifying microsoft account problem: [IMG]Hello, i have trouble logging into my microsoft account. It kept telling me to fix my microsoft account. The exact thing it wrote is “we need to fix your microsoft account most likely your password changed. Select here to fix it in shared experiences settings.” So i...
  5. Cannot verify my Microsoft account

Cannot verify my Microsoft account: I have just bought a new pc with Windows 10 2H20 version, direct from HP. I have Office Home/ Student from a a machine which failed early this year within a month. During set up I get a recurring problem that takes me to a screen which I have to add my telephone...
  6. I can't verify my Microsoft account.

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    I can't verify my Microsoft account.: I can sign into my school Microsoft account, but I can't verify my identity because it's sending a code to my old phone number, which isn't my number anymore. It's not giving me an option for any other verification method. How can I verify my identity?...
  7. Verify Microsoft account

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Verify Microsoft account: Windows 10 Professional (x64) Build 18362.476 (1903/May 2019 Update) I'm trying to change my Microsoft account settings because after I log off off windows, it's asking me for a password to get back in, even tho I have disabled the password prompt, and I am the only user....
  8. Verify my identity for my Microsoft account

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Verify my identity for my Microsoft account: I need to verify my identity for my Microsoft account as I have a different cell phone number now. --- How do I do that? Everything else is the same as far as I know. Maybe I'll find out something different but now is the time to find out. My Windows version number is 1903...
  9. Cannot Verify Microsoft Account

Cannot Verify Microsoft Account: After Clicking verify I am greeted with this message even though my internet is working perfectly [ATTACH] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cannot-verify-microsoft-account/36a8ae37-04ae-4f3f-a4ae-2c92177532a2
  10. Can't verify microsoft account

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Can't verify microsoft account: I have re-installed Win 10 multiple times because of some problems and this time when I clicked Verify either through phone or email I received nothing. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cant-verify-microsoft-account/d2ecd7b5-e788-403a-af12-0cfb5506bb9f"