Windows 10: Verify Your Idenity on this PC

Discus and support Verify Your Idenity on this PC in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I have a clean install of the 9879 Enterprise Edition on a newly built PC. All things being told it is working pretty well. As the title suggests... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by dougout, Nov 24, 2014.

1. dougout Win User

Verify Your Idenity on this PC

I have a clean install of the 9879 Enterprise Edition on a newly built PC.

All things being told it is working pretty well.

As the title suggests I cannot solve the issue of verifying my identity on this PC.

I have received five codes and none have worked.

Any suggestions?

Thanks

:)

dougout, Nov 24, 2014

2. windows 10 verify your idenity error: -2145647539

windows 10 verify your identity error: -2145647539 using phone

JEFFBEDNARZ, Nov 24, 2014
  3. windows 10 verify your idenity error: -2145647539

1. email

2. Edge

MarkHazzard, Nov 24, 2014
  4. Kari Win User

Could you please explain a bit more, with screenshots if possible:
    • Can you login to Windows 10 desktop?
      • If not, how do you get the security code (phone, text, mail, Authenticator app)?
      • If yes, which app or service does ask for verification?
    To make a screenshot press *Start key + PrtScreen key, the screenshots are saved to C:\Users\Your_Username\Screenshots folder, this tutorial will show you how to upload them here. Notice that you cannot make screenshot of the login screen.

5. I know what the OP is talking about. During the install, right after you enter your live ID info you get a screen that requests you to verify your identity. You can skip it by clicking "I can't do this right now" or have the code sent to your e-mail address or a text message to your phone. If you don't do it some customizations and One Drive sync options get locked out. You can't sync passwords and login info in IE for instance. I ran into an issue where I wasn't getting the e-mails with the code. I think my ISP was blocking them as spam. Just before I was about to call them I started getting them again and got a code I could enter. I wish I had an answer for the OP.
    Dougout, are you keeping the verification screen open when you click the send code? If you close it and then try to enter the code later it may reject it.

alphanumeric, Nov 25, 2014
  6. dougout Win User
    Thanks to the both of you for your help!
    The suggestion of keeping the verification screen open was the key to success. The Email with the code had been taking at lest a half hour to arrive and I had closed it and done other things in the mean time. I tried it again keeping the verification window open and all was well.

dougout, Nov 25, 2014
  7. Wow, I lucked out on that one. *Smile

alphanumeric, Nov 25, 2014
  8. Kari Win User

Well done @alphanumeric *Smile. I didn't even think that option.

Kari, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

1. Verify Your Idenity on this PC - Similar Threads - Verify Idenity

2. How to reset PIN if you cannot verify the account?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to reset PIN if you cannot verify the account?: My laptop does not allow me to log in via my Microsoft account. It just says: "Your PIN is no longer available due to a change to the security settings on this device. Click to set up your PIN again."When setting up the PIN it only allows me to send a text message to my old...
  3. How to reset PIN if you cannot verify the account?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to reset PIN if you cannot verify the account?: My laptop does not allow me to log in via my Microsoft account. It just says: "Your PIN is no longer available due to a change to the security settings on this device. Click to set up your PIN again."When setting up the PIN it only allows me to send a text message to my old...
  4. I want to turn off pin verify on wakeup, Microsoft support has failed twice, what next?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I want to turn off pin verify on wakeup, Microsoft support has failed twice, what next?: I have managed to contact online support twice, and both times the tech worked on the problem for 1-hour plus then disappeared. I.e., it's not an easy problem to fix on my computer which is under warranty. Now, I am unable to contact Microsoft support, i.e. I've tried but...
  5. I want to turn off pin verify on wakeup, Microsoft support has failed twice, what next?

I want to turn off pin verify on wakeup, Microsoft support has failed twice, what next?: I have managed to contact online support twice, and both times the tech worked on the problem for 1-hour plus then disappeared. I.e., it's not an easy problem to fix on my computer which is under warranty. Now, I am unable to contact Microsoft support, i.e. I've tried but...
  6. How to fix “your credentials could not be verified error” error

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to fix “your credentials could not be verified error” error: Every time I try to login, it says “your credentials could not be verified” then when I try to reset my password it says “Something went wrong and your PIN isn't available.” What should I do?...
  7. How to fix “your credentials could not be verified error” error

How to fix “your credentials could not be verified error” error: Every time I try to login, it says “your credentials could not be verified” then when I try to reset my password it says “Something went wrong and your PIN isn't available.” What should I do?...
  8. How to fix “your credentials could not be verified error” error

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
  9. wfpcapture service cannot start, because Windows cannot verify the digital signature for...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    wfpcapture service cannot start, because Windows cannot verify the digital signature for...: Hello,I often use Microsoft Message Analyzer on my virtual machine. Now, I wanted to use it on my local computer, but I can't start monitoring with Loopback and Unencrypted IPSEC scenario, because I receive the following error: "Fail to start live consumer Unable to start...
  10. wfpcapture service cannot start, because Windows cannot verify the digital signature for...

wfpcapture service cannot start, because Windows cannot verify the digital signature for...: Hello,I often use Microsoft Message Analyzer on my virtual machine. Now, I wanted to use it on my local computer, but I can't start monitoring with Loopback and Unencrypted IPSEC scenario, because I receive the following error: "Fail to start live consumer Unable to start...