Windows 10: Verify Your Identity. Problem !

Discus and support Verify Your Identity. Problem ! in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; My W10 install has asked for verification of identity. No problem except that my recovery info (an email address) is out of date. Here is what has... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by Mooly, Oct 2, 2014.

1. Mooly Win User

Verify Your Identity. Problem !

My W10 install has asked for verification of identity. No problem except that my recovery info (an email address) is out of date. Here is what has happened,

1/ W10 asks for verification.

2/ The yahoo account asked for doesn't now exist and so I worked through the options and changed it to a current gmail account. I used a different PC to change the details.

3/ Received all the verification emails from MS and did as asked. All seemed OK. Everything was accepted. This was all done on a different PC.

4/ The W10 install will still not let proceed and still keeps asking for the old details as the only option and says a month must elapse.

:)

Mooly, Oct 2, 2014
  2. SheleK Win User

Verify your identity

Nevermind, thank you.

SheleK, Oct 2, 2014
  3. SheleK Win User
    Verify your identity

I just bought a new computer and im in the process of setting it up. Im currently on the "verify your identity" section. The email address it has to send my security code is one that I have never used and do not have access to. It tells me to go to account.live.com/acsr
    to reset my password. I dont know how to get into the windows email it wants me to let alone get a new password for it. I have an Outlook, G-mail and Yahoo account. Now i cant even get out of this page on my new computer. How do i even get out of this page?
    Thank you.

SheleK, Oct 2, 2014
  4. gator Win User

I skipped this initially. There was an option that said something like "I can't do this now" or something similar.

gator, Oct 2, 2014
  5. Mooly Win User
    Yes I did that too because this was my second attempt at a clean W10 install and the first thing I had to do was disable a wifi driver that was freezing the system... another thread another story.

All was OK until I took the opportunity to update my recovery info held with MS. It just seemed a good time to do it as I realised the old Yahoo account is no longer in use. Its as if there is an option missing in the dropdown to say to use a new email address. The dropdown works but there is nothing there.

Might ask over at MS on this one.

Mooly, Oct 2, 2014
  6. Owe yea I've seen this bs alert and is the problem with tying a email account with Microsoft and it's os,
    The dreaded 30 day limbo tour,
    Been their,
    Post here and post your email address in your new question post all of the images and information,
    Your email address will be automatically blocked from public view so no worries *Wink

They will Lock the thread and use the support link posted in the thread there *Smile
    It only took a couple of days to get a reply from them in my case,
    outlook.com confirm secondary email address - Microsoft Community

ThrashZone, Oct 2, 2014
  7. I tried to verify my identity on two PC's that I installed Windows 10 on. I have yet to get the e-mail with the code in it. I've tried many times and it never shows up in my inbox. It has worked fine in the past on Windows 8 with this e-mail address.

alphanumeric, Oct 2, 2014
  8. Mooly Win User

Thanks for that link ThrashZone. I've sent a support case in... and they say they will reply within 24 hours. Fingers crossed.

Mooly, Oct 2, 2014
  9. gator Win User
    I really hate to suggest this because I'm 99.999% sure you tried, but just in case.. check your spam. Thats where mine goes sometimes.

gator, Oct 2, 2014
  10. kado897 Win User
    If I remember correctly when it asks for an e-mail address if you press Next without entering one it will give you the option of creating a local account. You can set up a Microsoft account later if you want.

kado897, Oct 2, 2014
  11. I checked the junk e-mail folder. *Wink

alphanumeric, Oct 2, 2014
  12. Your very welcome *Smile

ThrashZone, Oct 2, 2014
  13. Mooly Win User

Had a nice reply but it seems I have to wait 30 days. To be sure we are understanding each other I've now sent the screen shots of W10 back and specifically said that it seems to be the OS that is tied to the old email account.

Just have to see what happens...

Mooly, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

1. Verify Your Identity. Problem ! - Similar Threads - Verify Identity Problem

2. Verify your identity

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Verify your identity: Hi, I know the password and i have the phone. But it doesnt send any link for verification to the phone or code to activate. Pls check this asap..tq https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/verify-your-identity/1eb07bd5-e13d-4d82-8941-943f0eaf3842
  3. Verify your identity

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Verify your identity: Hi, I know the password and i have the phone. But it doesnt send any link for verification to the phone or code to activate. Pls check this asap..tq https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/verify-your-identity/1eb07bd5-e13d-4d82-8941-943f0eaf3842
  4. "Verify your identity"

in Windows 10 Gaming
    "Verify your identity": So a couple of weeks ago I was normally logging into my Win 11 computer but it said I had to verify something even though I typed in the right password. So I pressed "forgot password" and it sent me to some strange blue thing with a large "Verify your identity." at the top....
  5. "Verify your identity"

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    "Verify your identity": So a couple of weeks ago I was normally logging into my Win 11 computer but it said I had to verify something even though I typed in the right password. So I pressed "forgot password" and it sent me to some strange blue thing with a large "Verify your identity." at the top....
  6. verify your identity problem

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    verify your identity problem: microsoft locked my dad out of his computer after his last windows update. Now he cant get past the opening screen. It keeps asking him to verify his account. Why would this happen? He uses gmail and hardlyever uses his MS account anddoesntremember it. He may have registered...
  7. verify your identity

verify your identity: HI I have a laptop i am keep getting the voice massage verify your identity.i chose the option to call and send me code verification.i am entering the code its says invalid code and keep asking for verify your identity. how i can surpass this?...
  8. Verify your identity email

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Verify your identity email: So I was trying to log in to my windows account from a new tablet. I forgot my password and when I tried to reset it, where it says "Verify your identity" it trying to send a verification code to an email that I've never heard of. So i got on my phone where my password is...
  9. Verify your identity

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Verify your identity: i bought a new lenovo ideapad laptop today and went to sign in to microsoft. I couldnt remember my password so it is asking to verify my identity. So i gave entered in my email and sent code about 10 times. I am not recieving an email. So then i decided to do it on my phone...
  10. Verify your identity

Verify your identity: A while ago I was asked to verify my identity before logging in. Windows sent me a verification code by email, had me change my password, and everything went smoothly. It asked me to verify again today, but I saw an X in the top right corner, so I clicked it because I had...