Windows 10: Verify Your User Account

Discus and support Verify Your User Account in User Accounts and Family Safety to solve the problem; This Notification popped up a week ago and I followed the instructions. Logged in and discovered that the Microsoft records still had a listing for a... Discussion in 'User Accounts and Family Safety' started by Rose W, Jul 18, 2016.

1. Rose W Win User

Verify Your User Account

This Notification popped up a week ago and I followed the instructions. Logged in and discovered that the Microsoft records still had a listing for a server that was changed 1.5 yrs. ago.
    At that time I did not have a second email address but I do now. I could log in with the second email address to edit the info there.
    The info that this account was now locked for 30 days while this new info was being absorbed.
    Today that same notice popped up.
    I didn't go through the whole process; instead went to settings/accounts and clicked on verify.
    Then the notice popped up that the account was locked for 30 days.

This incident is happening on the laptop which operates with a Microsoft log in Account. Its a 2 yr old Acer Home version. The desktop described in the specifications here does not have a Microsoft Account

I have a presentation to do tomorrow night using this laptop. I hope this does not appear during the half hour presentation. I had all notifications turned of but I have just now turned ON 'Hide Notifications while presenting'
    If the laptop is NOT connected to the internet at this presentation does that ensure the Notification pop up is not able?

I don't understand why this message to 'add missing MS account information continues to appear and at this point I cannot comply anyway.

:)

Rose W, Jul 18, 2016
  2. Tryx3 Win User

Verify User account

It only calls for verification for MSAccount-linked user accounts.

An MSAccount is an online account so it needs to go online to do any changes.

Personally, I would make a password-protected local Admin user account before trying to change anything on the MSAccount & I would write the password down somewhere handy yet secure from loss. I would keep that account afterwards even though I had no immediate
    intention of using it. That spare Admin account would therefore be available to help you rescue the situation if your day-to-day user account ever became corrupted [this does happen].

Denis

Tryx3, Jul 18, 2016
  3. Verify User account

I am trying to change my password.

It says that I have to verify my account.

When I click on Verify it says I have to be connected to the internet?

Why?

I am not in a area that has internet connection.

How can I get around this?

Thanks

hanklin999, Jul 18, 2016
Thema:

Verify Your User Account

1. Verify Your User Account - Similar Threads - Verify User Account

2. Verifying your account without access to your email?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Verifying your account without access to your email?: I was trying to update my account info because I thought that the email attached was incorrect. I needed this done sooner than 30 days because my school computer required a bit locker code to boot. There was absolutely no help here to try and verify my identity or give me...
  3. Verifying your account without access to your email?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Verifying your account without access to your email?: I was trying to update my account info because I thought that the email attached was incorrect. I needed this done sooner than 30 days because my school computer required a bit locker code to boot. There was absolutely no help here to try and verify my identity or give me...
  4. "Verify your identity"

"Verify your identity": So a couple of weeks ago I was normally logging into my Win 11 computer but it said I had to verify something even though I typed in the right password. So I pressed "forgot password" and it sent me to some strange blue thing with a large "Verify your identity." at the top....
  5. Verify your account

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Verify your account: Verify your account - i have key in many time the password but go in and back to this paga again repeat repeat go back to this page https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/verify-your-account/9897408e-691e-4679-83dc-ae88d80ab991
  6. Verify your account

Verify your account: Verify your account - i have key in many time the password but go in and back to this paga again repeat repeat go back to this page https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/verify-your-account/9897408e-691e-4679-83dc-ae88d80ab991
  7. 'verify your account' stuck

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    'verify your account' stuck: I came back to my computer -- not the one I am using -- to find a blue screen, with a 'verify your identity' process ... I don't know why. However, I am no stuck. It keeps saying 'restart the process' ... but there seems to be no way to do this. Re-booting does not help. I...
  8. Verify Your Account

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Verify Your Account: A couple times lately I've gotten an email saying: Microsoft account unusual sign-in activity Microsoft account Verify your account We detected something unusual about a recent sign-in for the Microsoft account*** Email address is removed for privacy ***. For example, you...
  9. Verify your identity

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Verify your identity: A while ago I was asked to verify my identity before logging in. Windows sent me a verification code by email, had me change my password, and everything went smoothly. It asked me to verify again today, but I saw an X in the top right corner, so I clicked it because I had...
  10. Block User on your account

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Block User on your account: To Whom May Concern, I am having trouble with my wifi. It seems I have some one who is lagging onto my wifi connection. Could someone help me understand how I can block this person from getting onto my router? I have gone into windows defender and put a stop to all...