Windows 10: Version 15063 still activates with an 8 key

Discus and support Version 15063 still activates with an 8 key in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; Had an old 8 key - just used it to activate version 15063. So either this is not CU, or CU can still be activated with old keys (unless MS have a way... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by cereberus, Mar 25, 2017.

1. cereberus Win User

Version 15063 still activates with an 8 key

Had an old 8 key - just used it to activate version 15063. So either this is not CU, or CU can still be activated with old keys (unless MS have a way to pull the shutters down).

:)

cereberus, Mar 25, 2017
  2. Ben_g0 Win User

Windows 10 activation key invalid after upgrade from preview build

Hi,

Until yesterday, I had a Windows 10 Preview build on my laptop, because that build refused to upgrade because of a bug.

Since I started with the preview from Windows 8, all preview builds on my laptop were activated, but when I finally had the time to upgrade to the finished version yesterday, that version turned out to be expired.

I did manage to install the finished version of Windows 10 on my laptop, and it still detects an activation key, but it says that the key is invalid and therefore I currently don't have a registered Windows version on it.

The only solution I found was to downgrade to the original operating system (Windows 8 in my case) and upgrade from there. Unfortunately, I don't have Windows 8 installation media, but I do still have a backup of the hard drive from when I still used Windows
    8. Is there a way to extract the key from that backup and convert it to a Windows 10 key? And if not, is there a different way to get it to register?

Many thanks in advance.

Ben_g0, Mar 25, 2017
  3. Windows 10 Update relaunch

I am trying to update Windows 10 version 10586 to 15063. The install process stopped at 88%. I rebooted and it said it was going back to the prior version which it did. I ran the Troubleshooting application and it made correction. I am on a slow internet
    connection. I suspect that version 15063 is still on my harddrive. Is there a way to relaunch the install portion of 15063 without having to download everything again?

Thanks in advance.

davidfriedrichsen, Mar 25, 2017
  4. Version 15063 still activates with an 8 key

I was hoping the code for detecting and accepting Windows 8 keys would be striped and only Windows 10 keys would be accepted. They could still block them from activating on the activation server end if they wanted. That would just confuse the hell out of people though. It would be accepted during the install but fail to activate.

This was in a VM, or on hardware that didn't have a DL right? I'm pretty sure the answer is yes, but have to ask anyway. *Wink

alphanumeric, Mar 26, 2017
  5. Superfly Win User
    Thanx M...good news! *Smile

Superfly, Mar 28, 2017
  6. Berton Win User
    That's good for the Insider Preview Version 1703 Build 15063 but will it also work with the RTM Version 1607 Build 14393.xxx?

Berton, Mar 28, 2017
  7. NavyLCDR New Member
    Yes. At least as of a week ago.

NavyLCDR, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

Version 15063 still activates with an 8 key

1. Version 15063 still activates with an 8 key - Similar Threads - Version 15063 still

2. Cannot activate Windows 10 with Windows 8 key

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Cannot activate Windows 10 with Windows 8 key: Hello,I just upgraded my hardware including my motherboard and now it shows me that my Windows 10 is not activated due to a hardware change. I tried to enter my original Windows 8.1 key which I buyed a long time ago but it is the transferable not OEM sort of a key I upgraded...
  3. Cannot activate Windows 10 with Windows 8 key

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Cannot activate Windows 10 with Windows 8 key: Hello,I just upgraded my hardware including my motherboard and now it shows me that my Windows 10 is not activated due to a hardware change. I tried to enter my original Windows 8.1 key which I buyed a long time ago but it is the transferable not OEM sort of a key I upgraded...
  4. Activating Windows 10 with Windows 8 Key

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Activating Windows 10 with Windows 8 Key: Hello Everyone, So the past two evenings have been an absolute nightmare trying to get Windows 10 re-installed on my computer. Here's a little background: I currently possess a Windows 8.0 key. I previously had upgraded to Windows 8.1 and then in August upgraded to...
  5. Activate OEM version key on different version

Activate OEM version key on different version: Hello, i have installed Win 10 PRO x64 from original ISO, i choose activate later. Today my KEY WIN 10 PRO X64 arrived but is OEM (DVD media) version. How can i activate OEM version without reinstall? Problem is that PC dont have DVD :/ 91949
  6. Version 1703 Build 15063 removes programs?

Version 1703 Build 15063 removes programs?: After updating to version 1703, I noticed that programs were missing. I had previously installed the Win7Games4Win10, which brings back the old Solitaire, Freecell, etc. After the update they were completely gone. Is this something that occurs with the update, or just a...
  7. Activating Windows 10 using a Windows 8 Key

Activating Windows 10 using a Windows 8 Key: Hi everyone, I'm thinking about installing Windows 10 pro using the virtualization station on my QNAP NAS. Because we're still in the free upgrade period and I have access to one Windows 8.1 Pro license key through my school for personal use, I was wondering how best to...
  8. Windows 10 Activation from win7/8 key

Windows 10 Activation from win7/8 key: Hey everyone, been lurking this forum for a while and thought id post this one to hopefully clear this question up. We all know that if you have a win7/8 installation, then its just a matter of upgrading it when the final release lands by using the little windows app next...
  9. 8 -> 8.1 -> 10: The Evolution of Activation Keys

8 -> 8.1 -> 10: The Evolution of Activation Keys: Hi everyone I'll preface this question with a simple disclaimer: every Microsoft product I've ever used is legit, paid for, updated in a timely manner, etc. I've also been using the same homebuilt PC all this time, so nothing has changed, physically. With that out of the...
  10. Windows 10 Version 15063 Installation Failure

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows 10 Version 15063 Installation Failure: Just tried to install Version 15063 on my main machine and it failed. It got to 88% of the installation when the spinning circles stopped like the machine locked up. I left it for 20 minutes before giving up & hard rebooting. It did a repair to my previous version...