Windows 10: Version 1803 does not allow me to set defaults by app - MoBEX error

Discus and support Version 1803 does not allow me to set defaults by app - MoBEX error in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Hi - the recent 1803 update seems to have broken my ability to set default program by app (Settings -> Apps and Features -> Default apps -> Set... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by braincramp, May 14, 2018.

1. Version 1803 does not allow me to set defaults by app - MoBEX error

Hi - the recent 1803 update seems to have broken my ability to set default program by app (Settings -> Apps and Features -> Default apps -> Set defaults by app) on a Windows 10 Pro machine.

Selecting this option causes the Set Default by app screen to open briefly, then close.

The following error message is generated - "Settings stopped working"
    Description
    Faulting Application Path: C:\Windows\ImmersiveControlPanel\SystemSettings.exe
    Problem signature
    Problem Event Name: MoBEX
    Package Full Name: windows.immersivecontrolpanel_10.0.2.1000_neutral_neutral_cw5n1h2txyewy
    Application Name: praid:microsoft.windows.immersivecontrolpanel
    Application Version: 10.0.17134.1
    Application Timestamp: 2a3c4e62
    Fault Module Name: ntdll.dll
    Fault Module Version: 10.0.17134.1
    Fault Module Timestamp: 207580e2
    Exception Offset: 000000000008aa2f
    Exception Code: c0000409
    Exception Data: 000000000000000a
    OS Version: 10.0.17134.2.0.0.256.48
    Locale ID: 4105
    Additional Information 1: 30b0
    Additional Information 2: 30b02619ef18da04708c9943bc8c83a0
    Additional Information 3: adb2
    Additional Information 4: adb253dae427db2247493416f3c3f871
    Extra information about the problem
    Bucket ID: 7bce0b04193c75eed93bfd93609b973a (1818325683996956474)

Any suggestions would be welcome - thanks

:)

braincramp, May 14, 2018
  2. Gino Des Win User

"Allow apps from anywhere" does not work correctly with Windows 10 Version 1803

Hi Michael,

You should still be able to use any suitable apps or program to open and play your MP3 files. However, the program should already be installed on your computer.
    Allow apps from anywhere lets you install any apps as you would normally do from any source. The option only affects installing apps and programs and not opening files. What you can do is to set Music Bee as the default app. Here's how:

• Click Start.
    • Click on the cog icon to open Settings, and select Apps.
    • Select Defaults apps, and select Choose default apps by file type.
    • Look for .mp3 in the list, and select Music Bee.

If the issue persists after the Windows 10 April 2018 Update (version 1803), we highly encourage you to post this issue and your experience on the
    Feedback Hub to increase visibility and awareness. Feedback items regularly receive Microsoft responses on the submissions in the Feedback app so you can see what we are doing about your feedback. For more information about the Feedback Hub, see our

support article
    and
    YouTube video

Let us know how it goes so we can assist you further.

Gino Des, May 16, 2018
  3. Can't set default browser or photo app in settings

After installing the anniversary update, it will not allow me to set my default browser or photo app. It gives me a list, but after I pick one nothing happens.

SD Boltman, May 16, 2018
  4. JoeNo New Member

Version 1803 does not allow me to set defaults by app - MoBEX error

JoeNo, May 26, 2018
  5. JoeNo New Member
    I have the same problem with Version 1803 that does not allow me to set defaults by app. A white screen comes up for several seconds and then goes away. I do not get any error message. MY Acer R7 Laptop Windows 10 Home with Ver 1803 and also KB4103721 (OS Build 17134.48) update fails this way. I also have a HP Desktop and HP Laptop PC with same updates that have no problem with the "Set defaults by App" feature. ???

JoeNo, May 26, 2018
Thema:

Version 1803 does not allow me to set defaults by app - MoBEX error

1. Version 1803 does not allow me to set defaults by app - MoBEX error - Similar Threads - Version 1803 does

2. Windows does not allow me to install an app

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows does not allow me to install an app: I'm trying to install an app but it's not letting me to install any software. I can only install from Microsoft App Store. Any help will be appreciated....
  3. Windows does not allow me to install an app

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows does not allow me to install an app: I'm trying to install an app but it's not letting me to install any software. I can only install from Microsoft App Store. Any help will be appreciated....
  4. Why when I open settings does it not allow me to choose a setting?

in Windows 10 Customization
    Why when I open settings does it not allow me to choose a setting?: When I try and go into the settings menu to try and change things eg: like the colour of my taskbar, I am unable to select a setting and when i hover my cursor over the options it doesn't do anything. I have tried certain commands using the Command Prompt but none of these...
  5. Default Apps not allowing me to select an installed application

Default Apps not allowing me to select an installed application: I have two versions of the same app. Currently, in Default Apps, the associated app is the wrong version and I need to change it. When I go to Default Apps and click to change it, it does not give me the option of the other version -- presumably because they are the same name...
  6. Twinui not allow to change default apps.

Twinui not allow to change default apps.: I am unable to change the default apps to the normal apps, they are set to Twinui and will not change when selecting another app. It just keeps reverting back to Twinui....
  7. Default apps does not allow me to add custom program

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Default apps does not allow me to add custom program: When I attempt to change the default app for a certain file extension, like .bat, it has no suggestions, and just gives one option that says "Look for an app in the Microsoft Store". What moron at Microsoft thought it was a good idea to remove the option to browse for a...
  8. Cannot set default app in 1803 (OS build 17134.407)

Cannot set default app in 1803 (OS build 17134.407): I cannot set the default app to open a PDF. I can right click, click properties and select the app I want, but this is ignored. I can go to settings, select Choose a default app for each type of file, click PDF and select the program, but this is also ignored....
  9. windows 10 pro 1803 allow apps

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    windows 10 pro 1803 allow apps: I have been watching YouTube to see how to allow an app though that has been blocked by the new control folder feature. I cannot seem to understand what you actually do when you are trying to allow an app which is blocked and you can see the path. Could you please help me...
  10. Default Apps will not allow me to select Opera Browser.

in Browsers and Email
    Default Apps will not allow me to select Opera Browser.: Hi, Yesterday I downloaded the new Opera 36 Browser. I like the look of it and would like to trial it for a while. However when I attempted to set it as default in Settings/Default Apps it will not accept the Opera Icon. I visited select defaults for Apps and ticked access...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. windows.immersivecontrolpanel_10.0.2.1000

2. micossoft windows 1803 cant change default app

3. windows 1803 allow any app

4. windows 10 ver 1803 will not allow to change default browser,
  5. windows 10 pro build 1803 not letting me change default apps,
  6. MoBEX praid:microsoft.windows.immersivecontrolpanel,
  7. apps and features allow apps from anywhere setting 17134,
  8. windows 10 does not lets select default apps on 1803,
  9. allows app from anywhere w10 version 1803,
  10. defaults by apps not working in windows 1803,
  11. windows 10 allow apps from anywhere 1803,