Windows 10: Version of Win 10 pro

Discus and support Version of Win 10 pro in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I installed windows 10 pro from a 8.1 upgrade using the media download. Not thru update. I never registered to update My question is, because I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by cbmudd10, Sep 4, 2015.

1. cbmudd10 Win User

Version of Win 10 pro

I installed windows 10 pro from a 8.1 upgrade using the media download. Not thru update. I never registered to update
    My question is, because I sometimes still get message from MS that my update is coming soon. Do I have a recent version of Win 10 or am I on some kind of pre release?? When I go to system in CP it just says windows 10 pro. All updates are working and so far running well even though I have done a lot of tweaking. No EDge it gave me a lot of browser lock ups... When is MS gonna take care of that.... Just give a way to close a browser tab... Right...

:)

cbmudd10, Sep 4, 2015
  2. NehaDhuri Win User

Facing some issues while installing Windows 10 anniversary on Windows 10 pro machine.

I am facing some issues while installing Win 10 anniversary version on machine with Win 10 pro. But, I have easily installed win 10 anniversary on machine with Win 10 home. If i am trying to update Win 10 pro for anniversary version then it directly download
    Win 10 pro update only which is higher than Anniversary version.

Kindly give suggestion for installing Win 10 anniversary version.

NehaDhuri, Sep 4, 2015
  3. Time Lady Win User
    8.1 Pro to 10?

If you upgrade via windows update then it should give you the pro version of win 10 from Win 8.1 pro, if you downloaded the .iso make sure you chose/choose the pro version.

I had Win 8 pro & now have win 10 pro.

Time Lady, Sep 4, 2015
  4. Version of Win 10 pro

Hi!
    You have the Win 10 Pro Build 10240. This is the actual Public Version. Insider Build is actual 10532.

Cluster Head, Sep 4, 2015
  5. cbmudd10 Win User
    Thank you. I will mark as solved. So far I really am surprised by windows 10. At first I turned off all I could, But when I realized that 10 is made to be as it is... I gave in and started trusting and so far all is well. All though I will probably go back to seven as a primary desk top and continue to mess with 10 as a hobby... It would be so nice if we had a O.S. that gave us all the options...Powerful yet configurable...M.S. needs to recognize that a lot of us can think for ourselves... None the less I am grateful for the work they do...

cbmudd10, Sep 5, 2015
  6. Joergi Win User
    The easiest way to find out your WIndows version is by searching for winver.exe and running that application. It will display Windows version information including the build.

Another way is on the desktop to see if in the lower right-hand corner it displays some kind of build information together with the text "Windows 10 Insider Preview". If it does not, then what you have is not an Insider build.

Joergi, Sep 5, 2015
  7. cbmudd10 Win User
    Good info thanks to both of you.....

cbmudd10, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

Version of Win 10 pro

1. Version of Win 10 pro - Similar Threads - Version pro

2. Windows 11 Home Key But Windows 11 Pro Version

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 Home Key But Windows 11 Pro Version: I purchased Windows 11 Home directly from Microsoft thinking that it'd work with Mac Parallels virtual environment. However, Parallels only seems to work with Windows 11 Pro as I have the M1 mac ARM chip.I am left with Windows 11 Pro version to be activated and Windows 11...
  3. Windows 11 Home Key But Windows 11 Pro Version

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 11 Home Key But Windows 11 Pro Version: I purchased Windows 11 Home directly from Microsoft thinking that it'd work with Mac Parallels virtual environment. However, Parallels only seems to work with Windows 11 Pro as I have the M1 mac ARM chip.I am left with Windows 11 Pro version to be activated and Windows 11...
  4. Can I use the packaged version of Windows 11 Pro with ARM Windows activation?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can I use the packaged version of Windows 11 Pro with ARM Windows activation?: I am using a Mac Book Air with windows 11 for ARM installed.For a long time now, I have been getting an error when updating windows and have been unable to install the update KB5028182. The error code is 0x80071ab1.I have tried the following links, parallel desktop upgrade,...
  5. Can I use the packaged version of Windows 11 Pro with ARM Windows activation?

Can I use the packaged version of Windows 11 Pro with ARM Windows activation?: I am using a Mac Book Air with windows 11 for ARM installed.For a long time now, I have been getting an error when updating windows and have been unable to install the update KB5028182. The error code is 0x80071ab1.I have tried the following links, parallel desktop upgrade,...
  6. How to remove the toolbar in File Explorer in Windows 11 Pro 23H2 Version ?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to remove the toolbar in File Explorer in Windows 11 Pro 23H2 Version ?: HeySince I updated my previous windows 11 verion to 23H2, the file explorer has this chunky toolbar box with Copy, Paste, etc.How can I remove it? It takes up too much space, and I don't need this bar at all! I can do the same with right click or simple keyboard shortcuts,...
  7. How to remove the toolbar in File Explorer in Windows 11 Pro 23H2 Version ?

How to remove the toolbar in File Explorer in Windows 11 Pro 23H2 Version ?: HeySince I updated my previous windows 11 verion to 23H2, the file explorer has this chunky toolbar box with Copy, Paste, etc.How can I remove it? It takes up too much space, and I don't need this bar at all! I can do the same with right click or simple keyboard shortcuts,...
  8. How to upgrade Windows 11 OEM home to a NON-OEM home or pro version?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to upgrade Windows 11 OEM home to a NON-OEM home or pro version?: How to upgrade Windows 11 OEM home to a NON-OEM home or pro version?We have to move over a Windows 11 OEM home version to another motherboard PC, the first MoBo has defects and has to be exchanged.We understood that a NON OEM version can be transferred to another motherboard...
  9. How to upgrade Windows 11 OEM home to a NON-OEM home or pro version?

How to upgrade Windows 11 OEM home to a NON-OEM home or pro version?: How to upgrade Windows 11 OEM home to a NON-OEM home or pro version?We have to move over a Windows 11 OEM home version to another motherboard PC, the first MoBo has defects and has to be exchanged.We understood that a NON OEM version can be transferred to another motherboard...
  10. I have installed the newest version of Windows 11 23H2 Pro and the Windows 365 apps won't...

I have installed the newest version of Windows 11 23H2 Pro and the Windows 365 apps won't...: Starting last week, Microsoft 365 apps will not open, the windows tools open fine. I have run "sfc" tool it indicated an error with bits, I turned over my virus checker and rebooted and reran scf and it ran fine. But the problem still exists. I have an account with Microsoft...