Windows 10: Very broken.

Discus and support Very broken. in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Hi, everything worked fine for a few days. Nothing changed, nothing installed. Edge stopped working, Cortana stopped working. Mail stopped working.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by wrogg, Aug 7, 2015.

1. wrogg Win User

Very broken.

Hi, everything worked fine for a few days. Nothing changed, nothing installed. Edge stopped working, Cortana stopped working. Mail stopped working.
    SFC scannow found corrupt files but unable to fix.
    Reset keep files and settings failed to boot and rolled back. As did remove everything.
    Stuck with a very broken PC that is filling logs with everything stopped working and was closed.
    Just defender installed.
    Worked great for days!
    Any ideas? Or roll back till SP1 (as usual)

:)

wrogg, Aug 7, 2015
  2. alzaeem80 Win User

I wish nokia makes a new kind of charger

I wish nokia makes a new kind of charger because it is very thin to put into the phone and it always is broken I wish it will be in a shape that will never be broken and even in the phone charger connecter is always broken from the inside because the charger
    point is very thin

alzaeem80, Aug 7, 2015
  3. NOKIA 701 gallery bug

Hello Guys,

I recently purchased nokia 701. I am very much satisfied with belle software.Its excellent.

I am facing one problem.there are two broken images in my photo gallery. i am not able to delete them,because of that broken images my other pictures in the gallery are opening very slow and the other images very next to that broken images are not opening..
    when I did restore factory settings and that broken images were gone(i did twice) but then again when i am clicking pictures that broken images are again appearingin my gallery.please help.

Thanks,

Imran

jd9999---01, Aug 7, 2015
  4. Boozad Win User

Very broken.

Boozad, Aug 7, 2015
  5. wrogg Win User
    First thing I tried when apps stopped responding.
    It's worrying that all available recovery methods produce inaccessible boot device errors. I use defender on this gaming PC so I can restore if I ever experience problems.
    Simply, nothing works!

wrogg, Aug 7, 2015
  6. Have you gone to the support page for your motherboard (was going to post a direct link, but was unsure which exact B85 board you have) and installed updated Win 10 drivers?

Edited: Somehow I missed this line "SFC scannow found corrupt files but unable to fix", with this and your other issues; sounds like a clean install is in order. I'm guessing this was a upgrade? Personally I always expect and prepare for a clean install with a new OS, upgrades never seem to go right. I'd backup what/if you can and attempt a clean install.

fracking4oil, Aug 7, 2015
  7. wrogg Win User
    Yeah done all that on install. Due to reset being broken. Massive huge thread on MS without updating BIOS many can't even access BIOS or boot menu lol!
    Solution is to download ISO and reinstall over the top.
    I'll keep it on my laptop.
    roll back on this PC. It seems most problems are caused by a licensing bug in store. de ja vu Windows 8.
    The reset bug was in the last two builds?
    If you roll back , delete/ expand and format both system created partitions, or it will still throw you into the secure boot crap.
    Use original purchase key on previous Windows seems to work.
    cheers

wrogg, Aug 7, 2015
  8. Very broken.

Once back in Win 8 be sure to check for corrupt files there too. If files are corrupt in one OS an upgrade at any point won't fix them.

fracking4oil, Aug 7, 2015
  9. wrogg Win User
    It couldn't have been more thorough. Anti virus removed and removal tool ran. SFC all good. System stable for weeks.
    Upgraded to 10. Then clean delete everything reset all good. Only thing installed were 3 windows updates, office 365.world of Warcraft and scrivener. Whole thing worked fine but then one day all installed apps screwed up and reset no longer works.
    I will not sleep well with that on my main PC!

wrogg, Aug 7, 2015
  10. jimbo45 Win User
    Hi there

If you've got a corrupt machine I'd re-install the whole thing over again.

If you are downloading stuff from Torrents be careful - and if you are downloading ANYTHING be even MORE careful. Some sites deliberately confuse people with so many Green arrows etc it's difficult to find the REAL download --in fact some torrents can be SAFER than these confusing "Legal" sites.

W10 can't simply be BROKEN with around 70 MILLION PC's or more running it without really serious issues.

A complete re-install IMO is the best way - and hopefully you've taken some DECENT backups.

Cheers
    jimbo

jimbo45, Aug 7, 2015
  11. wrogg Win User
    yeah, back on 8.1 already, was concerned about activation, but showing fine.
    It's a secure boot problem by the looks of it.
    As said I will keep it on my laptop, as long as it behaves. May try it on here again if I get a boring day.
    I used to enjoy the tinkering Windows gives, where others don't, these days I find it a time consuming PITA on three PC's so will just keep it on one for the time being.
    Strange thing is, both PC's ran the delete everything reset clean in stall after initial installation.
    Now neither can run it?
    If you wish to try yours, if you select keep files and settings it will roll back on the third boot failure, if you delete everything, it won't.
    Before you roll back to a back up, format and delete the 2 system reserved partitions from BIOS before you do so, or after reboot the Windows 10 can't find MBR loop will still be there!

wrogg, Aug 7, 2015
  12. Hi All. I been watching these forums for quite a while and gaining some good info on 10 so thanks to you lot.

My take on the upgrade may interest you. 2 PCs one Windows 7 and one *8.1.

The 7 pc upgraded without issue and runs great, still a few niggles but nothing serious. Latest upgrades installed and nothing went wrong. It's now running smoothly, touch wood.

The newer pc with 8.1. The actual upgrade to 10 went smoothly and I had no problems at first. Within a few days the start began to take longer and longer before becoming usable. So I decided to do a disk check which found errors and corruptions. None of which were fixed.

I then decided to roll back and do the upgrade again with a clean install. I hadn't wanted to go through the process of re installing all the programs. The roll back seemed to go ok until I got to the desktop. There were no icons and only the charms bar worked.
    Great I thought but I would just download the iso and do a new clean installation. The internet connection was down, a problem with the drivers for lan. Lucky I used the pc with 7 to get the iso, put it in a usb and did the clean install.

I'm now up and running on both pcs, just have to get everything back on it. I know that someone is going to say that's why you do a backup. I had but it wouldn't restore the image.

So all in all it wasn't that pleasant and I've lost a lot of things which I can't get back.

As for Win 10, my impression is that it's better than 8 in some aspects and I'll see how it goes on.

prestwich1, Aug 7, 2015
  13. wrogg Win User

Very broken.

My biggest concern was /is. the PC I had the issues on as well as my laptop have much much older drivers on the vendors site.
    For example Asus chipset driver is version 9, updated on their download site and for Windows 10 64 bit 2 weeks ago.
    Windows installed version 12, same with audio, and sata.
    My Laptop (Fujitzu) also has much older drivers, again for Windows 10?
    If it was old and showing Windows 8.1 I wouldn't be so worried, but both PC's support sites have been updated in the July and August and the downloads are under Windows 10.

wrogg, Aug 7, 2015
  14. The pc with 7 had all the old drivers, chipset etc. The 8 one had all the latest drivers, allowing for windows to install it's own drivers. The thing that I found strange was the length of time it took for the problems to start. I updated on the 30th and it was fine by yesterday it had almost given up the ghost. No errors shown and when the task manager finally decided to open it didn't show any thing taking up the cpu.

I must say the clean install was very quick and I'm considering not installing and other drivers for now. The AMD driver being the exception.

My thoughts are that they're using us to transfer the files required to a degree.

prestwich1, Aug 7, 2015
  15. Did you do an actual clean installation? I say that because when you start of the windows q0 installation usb or disk from Windows, it really doesn't do a clean installation, for it to be truly be clean I had to boot to my USB and install from there. It gave me the option to do a clean install.

RealPetChicken, Aug 12, 2015
Thema:

Very broken.

1. Very broken. - Similar Threads - Very broken

2. Why is my computer broken after an update? Very Frustrated

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why is my computer broken after an update? Very Frustrated: Hello,Last night before going to bed, my PC prompted for an update and as usual I chose "Update and Shut Down".When I woke up and tried to use my computer for work, the first error that popped out was my Razer Synapse and this never happened before. So I thought it was just a...
  3. Why is my computer broken after an update? Very Frustrated

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Why is my computer broken after an update? Very Frustrated: Hello,Last night before going to bed, my PC prompted for an update and as usual I chose "Update and Shut Down".When I woke up and tried to use my computer for work, the first error that popped out was my Razer Synapse and this never happened before. So I thought it was just a...
  4. Why is my computer broken after an update? Very Frustrated

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  5. Start Menu 11 Broken cannot find programmes very unbright

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Start Menu 11 Broken cannot find programmes very unbright: Using this new version of windows 11 is angrily infuriating, people want to be able to browse their programmes and you've disabled that option we can only see what you dimwits allow us to see, also photographers want to enable their brightness and you've disabled that too,...
  6. Start Menu 11 Broken cannot find programmes very unbright

Start Menu 11 Broken cannot find programmes very unbright: Using this new version of windows 11 is angrily infuriating, people want to be able to browse their programmes and you've disabled that option we can only see what you dimwits allow us to see, also photographers want to enable their brightness and you've disabled that too,...
  7. Windows PC very broken. Blue screens of death

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows PC very broken. Blue screens of death: Hi everyone to give you some background I noticed a virus on my pc today and it said trojan clicker. I tried to scan and delete it however my pc kept crashing during the scan. It crashes often so I'm unaware if it's related to the virus. I then attempted to do a factory reset...
  8. Windows PC very broken. Blue screens of death

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows PC very broken. Blue screens of death: Hi everyone to give you some background I noticed a virus on my pc today and it said trojan clicker. I tried to scan and delete it however my pc kept crashing during the scan. It crashes often so I'm unaware if it's related to the virus. I then attempted to do a factory reset...
  9. Windows PC very broken. Blue screens of death

10. WiFi kinda broken but very weird

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    WiFi kinda broken but very weird: I connect to my WiFi, it says "Connected no Internet" i tried following some fixes with DHCP and such, also tried other access points. Why Can't I get internet?BUUUTwhen i turn my VPN on, internet works!Help![moved from de-de]...