Windows 10: Very confused about which drivers I need

Discus and support Very confused about which drivers I need in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Hello, and thanks for reading my thread. I have the gigabyte motherboard GA-H81M-DS2V and Windows 10. When you go on the 'Support and Download',... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Illuminati Izzy, Feb 3, 2016.

1. Very confused about which drivers I need

Hello, and thanks for reading my thread. I have the gigabyte motherboard GA-H81M-DS2V and Windows 10. When you go on the 'Support and Download', 'Drivers', 'Windows 10 64-bit' on the Gigabyte website, it gives you a list of drivers that you should install for that motherboard. However, upon looking some of these drivers up, they appear to be for Intel NUC products, which I do not have. For example, the Intel Management Engine Interface 11.0.0.1158 appears on the driver list for the GA-H81M-DS2V, but, when you look at it on the Intel website, it seems to be for Intel NUC Products. The link below will show this.

https://downloadcenter.intel.com/dow...-for-Intel-NUC

Therefore, I am unsure if I can trust Gigabyte's driver information. As well as this, I have another problem to do with my graphics driver. I have Intel HD Graphics 4600, and the latest version of this is shown the link below (20.19.15.4300).

https://downloadcenter.intel.com/dow...15-40-4th-Gen-

However, my PC seems to want a graphics driver that is for Intel NUC Products (20.19.15.4331). I can not find a page on the Intel website with this download, so I will have to put a Softpedia link instead.

http://drivers.softpedia.com/blog/in...1-498194.shtml

This is actually happening with all of the drivers on the Gigabyte webstie. The Intel INF Installation for the GA-H81M-DS2V on the Gigabyte website is version 10.1.1.8, but when I look it up I can find no such driver, and any Chipset installation on the Intel website only goes up to Windows 8 64-bit. The Realtek driver says its version R4.31 on Gigabyte, but on the Realtek page its only on R2.79.

I am very confused and stressed about what I should do because I just did a complete reset of my PC (delete all the files, clean the drive, reinstall Windows 10 64-bit). Can someone please help me and instruct me which drivers I should get? Thank you.

:)

Illuminati Izzy, Feb 3, 2016
  2. cronwen Win User

Windows 10 upgrade tried 64-bit when 32-bit was required

Thank you Arvind Ram. Yes - I haven't and won't delete the \winsxs folder. I appreciate now what's in it! And Windows 10 seems to be running fine although it still seems confused about which drivers the laptop needs. A couple of days ago it downloaded
    and tried to install a new Intel graphics driver which "failed". Old laptop = old age = confusion I guess. Still - very odd it tried to upgrade with 64-bit stuff when 32-bit was required.

cronwen, Feb 3, 2016
  3. Kosh---01 Win User
    Very confused about APN settings

As the Network setup app is required to setup MMS unless the settings are included on the SIM, in which case the settings are leaded when the phone is initially started or reset, it is currently not possible to setup MMS on Windows Phone. You may want to
    follow
    this thread
    on possible availability of the app at a future date.

Kosh

Kosh---01, Feb 3, 2016
  4. philc43 Win User

Very confused about which drivers I need

Actually you may find that you already have drivers installed by windows 10 which are working fine. Do you have any devices which are showing as not working in Device Manager (yellow exclamation mark)?

philc43, Feb 3, 2016
  5. No, but I want the most up-to-date versions of my drivers.

Illuminati Izzy, Feb 5, 2016
  6. Steve C Win User
    I would install the Gigabyte drivers but only if they are a newer version than already installed by Windows.

Steve C, Feb 5, 2016
  7. Barman58 Win User
    You have to realize that with motherboard based drivers the board manufacturer will often take a component manufacturer's driver and tweak this to work better with their hardware.

Because of this the best driver is usually the latest from the board manufacturer, even though the component manufacturer may release newer generic drivers.

My rules of engagement in these circumstances are to use the Equipment manufacturers drivers as a first choice, that means for external hardware, printers Etc, I use the printer manufacturers drivers, but if a component is on a motherboard I use the motherboard manufacturer's drivers.

If there are issues with the driver I will consider updating to the latest driver to cure an issue, but the old adage If it ain't broke, dont fix it is always good advice.

the Microsoft drivers are often a useful baseline option but as they are usually limited in functionality they are rarely ideal.

I would never under any circumstances use drivers from a third party supplier such as softpedia, who often add little extras into their downloads

Barman58, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

Very confused about which drivers I need

1. Very confused about which drivers I need - Similar Threads - Very confused drivers

2. Confused about Explorer.exe

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Confused about Explorer.exe: When I open Task manger and switch to system Process I saw explorer.exe. What does it mean? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/confused-about-explorerexe/ca36a691-3b45-4935-9033-bc50482b3ccf
  3. I'm very confused.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    I'm very confused.: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/rollingaD30 [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/klc7yz/im_very_confused/
  4. Very Confusing . . .

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Very Confusing . . .: My computer, is a Dell laptop. Running, Windows 10 Pro. The questions, I'll be asking Are about, antivirus. Right now, I'm running Norton Antivirus. All the ratings, have it. As one, of the best The most important,feature to me, is it's VPN! I live in a, retirement...
  5. Very confused

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Very confused: I have one microsoft account with two separate login passwords. I can log in via "account.live.com" with one password. AND I can login in to "login.live.com" with a different password to my same microsoft account. This is confusing and has me very worried. It is causing havoc...
  6. confused, very

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    confused, very: %SystemRoot%\System32\setupapi.dll,-2 can anyone tell me what this means? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/confused-very/bf03fad8-e017-4b6f-8e13-0609c3aa8e36
  7. My confusion about Windows 10 and Drivers.

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    My confusion about Windows 10 and Drivers.: Whenever I install windows 10 on the system, I have difficulty to decide how should I install drivers, and there is a reason for that, in this context I'm talking about pc/laptop which don't have windows 10 drivers on their manufacturer site. I thought that if windows 10...
  8. Very confused now

in Windows 10 Support
    Very confused now: I have been reading the horror stories re breaking machines with updates and the like and returning home shortly after a long spell (3 months) in hospital am really quite concerned what is going to happen when I fire up my two (currently) 10 machines. Now of course I...
  9. Confused about Imaging

in Windows 10 Support
    Confused about Imaging: Ok so I have been making System Images with Windows 7 (and now Windows 10) for a long time now, onto a portable hard drive. I rename them afterwards to things like "HpJune2016cleaninstall" so I know which one is which. I just read somewhere that to restore an image it has to...
  10. Confused about OneDrive

in Windows 10 Support
    Confused about OneDrive: First post, as a newcomer to Win 10 after 15 years with XP (and all previous Windows OS versions). On this page Files save to OneDrive by default in Windows 10 I'm reading an explanation of OneDrive: "While you can always choose where to save files that you create,...