Windows 10: Very frequent WMP appcrashes in Reliability History

Discus and support Very frequent WMP appcrashes in Reliability History in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Hello, Since the half of august I noticed that there are APPCRASH events in the Reliability History every time I open Windows Media Player. I don't... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by JohnnyGui, Aug 31, 2018.

1. JohnnyGui Win User

Very frequent WMP appcrashes in Reliability History

Hello,

Since the half of august I noticed that there are APPCRASH events in the Reliability History every time I open Windows Media Player. I don't notice the crash of the program itself.

Here's the log (Dutch):

Naam van probleemgebeurtenis: APPCRASH
    Naam van de toepassing: wmplayer.exe
    Versie van toepassing: 12.0.17134.1
    Tijdstempel van toepassing: 854a1b2d
    Naam van foutmodule: combase.dll
    Versie van foutmodule: 10.0.17134.112
    Tijdstempel van foutmodule: cdc43ef4
    Uitzonderingscode: c0000005
    Uitzonderingsmarge: 000f19ef
    Versie van besturingssysteem: 10.0.17134.2.0.0.256.48
    Landinstelling-id: 1043
    Aanvullende informatie 1: f07b
    Aanvullende informatie 2: f07ba5a3b1acaf0f571ec0abb76b0d76
    Aanvullende informatie 3: 2fc0
    Aanvullende informatie 4: 2fc08081dc2041665a1ee531e6562af0
    Extra informatie over het probleem
    Bucket-id: 50f73f2ab19318a86442962490a4081b (1459894313011120155)

I've ran the troubleshooters for Windows Media Player, they found problems and are claiming to be fixed but it didn't solve anything. Running sfc /scannow didn't show any integrity violations.

Anyone else have this problem?

:)

JohnnyGui, Aug 31, 2018
  2. Bree Win User

WMP Problem

It should be there. Let's try again, step by step.

First, find out what version of Windows you have. Use the Winkey + R to bring up the 'Run' box, type Winver then click OK. You should see a version number, 1511, 1607 or 1703.

If you have 1703, open Settings > Apps. For any other version open Settings > System.

Click on Default in the list to the left (in 1703 it's called Default apps).

Scroll down the list to find 'Video player'. This will probably say the default is 'Films & TV'. Whatever it says, click on it to bring up a list of possible apps to set as the default. You should see something like this with Windows Media Player in the 'Choose an application' list. Click on Windows Media Player and it will become the default for all types of video.

Very frequent WMP appcrashes in Reliability History [​IMG]

3. Cliff S Win User
    Show Your Reliability History

Hippsie here's my check list:
    1. SFC/DISM
    2. Manuel time sync in Date & Time in the CPL
    3. WSReset
    4. Open up Task Schedular and run these:

Very frequent WMP appcrashes in Reliability History [​IMG]

Cliff S, Aug 31, 2018
  4. Steve C Win User

Need Serious Help: How To Record Video of What is Done on my PC?

I suggest the following simple steps:

1. Set the autosave options in MS Office to a low value say 5 minutes.
    2. Setup file history to autosave frequently - the shortest period is 5 mins
    3. Install Macrium Reflect Free and configure it to do a daily incremental system backup

You should be well covered if you do the above to protect your key files.

Steve C, Aug 31, 2018
Thema:

1. Very frequent WMP appcrashes in Reliability History - Similar Threads - Very frequent WMP

2. Reliability History

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Reliability History: Can someone explain why I am seeing this? My computer hangs frequently and I am seeing this in my reliability history. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/reliability-history/2ab8e4d4-897a-4680-9456-2437ff53ebcc
  3. Reliability History

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Reliability History: Can someone explain why I am seeing this? My computer hangs frequently and I am seeing this in my reliability history. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/reliability-history/2ab8e4d4-897a-4680-9456-2437ff53ebcc
  4. Windows Reliability history

Windows Reliability history: What causes of this error? I already use the AMD Radeon driver installed by windows update and this error always occurs every day. And If I use an updated AMD Radeon driver I encounter Hardware error and SECOMN64.exe stopped working report in Reliability Monitor. What should...
  5. The reliability of reliability history - what's up with it?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    The reliability of reliability history - what's up with it?: Greetings,I have an HP laptop that I use for a short time each day, after which I routinely make a new restore point, check for updates & run maintenance prior to shutting down. I check reliability history every day and as a rule, I can go for days without any error reports....
  6. The reliability of reliability history - what's up with it?

The reliability of reliability history - what's up with it?: Greetings,I have an HP laptop that I use for a short time each day, after which I routinely make a new restore point, check for updates & run maintenance prior to shutting down. I check reliability history every day and as a rule, I can go for days without any error reports....
  7. The reliability of reliability history - what's up with it?

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  8. Reliability History errors

Reliability History errors: Is it normal to have an error everyday in reliability history? I've already perform clean boot in my PC but the problem still persists. Here's the screenshot of my reliability history. [ATTACH][ATTACH][ATTACH]...
  9. reliability history

reliability history: why my pc shows windows not properly shutdown in reliability history although I have never improperly shut it https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/reliability-history/15b03c5a-888f-4283-bd11-03755a8970ca
  10. Reliability history not working

in Windows 10 Support
    Reliability history not working: When I go to control panel > Security and Maint. > Maint. > View reliability history nothing happens, and control panel closes. This happened in the last build also. 5052