Windows 10: Very high CPU Temps

Discus and support Very high CPU Temps in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; Hi I turned my PC on this morning as I do every morning but instead of behaving like it normally does the fans started spinning 100%. So I checked... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by swarfega, Apr 5, 2017.

1. swarfega Win User

Very high CPU Temps

Hi

I turned my PC on this morning as I do every morning but instead of behaving like it normally does the fans started spinning 100%. So I checked the temps in the BIOS and the CPU is running at 89c.

I have cleaned off and reapplied the thermal paste. I used Arctic Ceramique. I turned it on again and for a minute or two the temp was back to normal and I was happy. But then it went back up to 89C.

I am not sure what is causing this as I have done nothing with the computer since I built it.

:)

swarfega, Apr 5, 2017
  2. luboceric Win User

Temperature issues in Windows 10 system

Original Title: CPU Temp

I have been using an Asus "automatic" Overclocking suite and it manages to get the CPU up to 4.6 Ghz at which time I get the BSOD, reboot automatically & get an OC speed of max 4.5 on 2 cores, and 4.4 on 4 cores. I use a single fan water cooler but lately
    the temps have been getting very high. [Using Win 10 for a month or so]

I wanted to know what is a good "max" temp to aim for? It's a 4770K i7 CPU.

Temps used to go over 74 C all the time.

Now they tend to stay at 66 - 67 and sometimes just get to 68 for a couple moments.

Is that way too high? Or too high?

I've seen posts here about temps reaching 60 C and user is "concerned" etc.

luboceric, Apr 5, 2017
  3. Rory_TX Win User
    My Brand New Laptop is running hot on windows 10

I monitor my temps constantly. Win10 is running several degrees warming than Win 8 doing the same task (work PC). Nothing major, but definitely warmer. Win8 was low / mid 40s, Win10 is high 40s to low 50s. Even when CPU usage is low the temp is high.
    Might be an issue with temp being reported wrong.

Should not be at 50c when CPU is idle, doesn't make sense.

Rory_TX, Apr 5, 2017
  4. fireberd Win User

Very high CPU Temps

I would suspect something happened to the CPU cooler. Is making good mechanical contact?
    I once built a PC and used the Intel cooler that came with the CPU. Two of the four plugs that held it in the motherboard came loose and the cooler was not making contact with the top of the CPU. I replaced it with different cooler that had screws to hold the cooler on and that fixed the problem.

fireberd, Apr 5, 2017
  5. swarfega Win User
    My friend and I thought it could be the cooler. Its the Kraken x52. I reseated it this morning with new thermal compound and its still high. It uses a flat copper base.

swarfega, Apr 5, 2017
  6. fireberd Win User
    Pump failure? Make sure all the power connections are OK.

fireberd, Apr 5, 2017
  7. essenbe Win User
    @swarfega, what is your progress now? Can you monitor the RPMs of your pump? It sounds a lot like a pump failure to me.

All of this debate over air cooling and water cooling is not helping swarfega solve his problem.

essenbe, Apr 8, 2017
  8. swarfega Win User

Very high CPU Temps

Hi Essenbe, I have not done much more with the machine as the temps remain high so I will be taking it to a repair shop tomorrow that I know and I am pretty confident that they will be able to diagnose it and tell me which part is bad. I will report back with their findings.

swarfega, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

Very high CPU Temps

1. Very high CPU Temps - Similar Threads - Very high CPU

2. Are the temps of cpu at this high normal when charging?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Are the temps of cpu at this high normal when charging?: So i have a acer latpop with gtx 1650 and ryzen 7, sometimes when playing roblox on it while charging would bring the cpu temps over 90 degrees celcius and when using laptop for using chrome with one tab open would bring cpu temps to 55 degrees and over. Is this normal?...
  3. Are the temps of cpu at this high normal when charging?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Are the temps of cpu at this high normal when charging?: So i have a acer latpop with gtx 1650 and ryzen 7, sometimes when playing roblox on it while charging would bring the cpu temps over 90 degrees celcius and when using laptop for using chrome with one tab open would bring cpu temps to 55 degrees and over. Is this normal?...
  4. CPU temp very high on low load

in Windows 10 Gaming
    CPU temp very high on low load: I've noticed since a few days ago, my PC fans have been running very hard. I thought it was the settings on BIOS, so I checked and the settings were still the same. However, once I dug deeper and used RealTemps to check the temps of my CPU, turns out it's my CPU that is...
  5. CPU temp very high on low load

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    CPU temp very high on low load: I've noticed since a few days ago, my PC fans have been running very hard. I thought it was the settings on BIOS, so I checked and the settings were still the same. However, once I dug deeper and used RealTemps to check the temps of my CPU, turns out it's my CPU that is...
  6. Winlogui.exe causes high CPU usage and temps

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Winlogui.exe causes high CPU usage and temps: So I recently did a long-needed upgrade for my computer and replaced my CPU, motherboard, and ram but for some reason when I boot into windows 10, the CPU usage jumps to 100% and the temp gets as high as 95*C. I've tried checking task manager but weirdly enough it restores...
  7. Ram and CPU usage is very high

Ram and CPU usage is very high: Task Manager shows that My account is using 2GB while in Performance Tab Its telling me I'm Using 9GB of 12GB Please help. I tried restarting but it never works. While the CPU usage is DOUBLED, I use 20% it tells me im using 40% im using 50% it tells me 100% and crashes all...
  8. Cpu usage very high

Cpu usage very high: My computer is fairly new, 16 gb of ram, decent computer overall, however I can barely run any game or even go on the internet because my cpu and disk usage will go from 5% to 100% in an instant and I have no idea why. I have tried everything i can possibly find on the...
  9. High CPU/GPU Temps

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    High CPU/GPU Temps: Hi, I've noticed high CPU/GPU temps when my watercooler pump and fan are maxed out and all the fans are maxed out currently I only have a browser open and my temps are as follows: [img] What is also concerning is currently my GTX 1070 is only powering the 2 monitors(Not...
  10. High CPU/GPU Temps

in Windows 10 Support
    High CPU/GPU Temps: Hi, I've noticed high CPU/GPU temps when my watercooler pump and fan are maxed out and all the fans are maxed out currently I only have a browser open and my temps are as follows: [img] What is also concerning is currently my GTX 1070 is only powering the 2 monitors(Not...