Windows 10: Very high disk usage

Discus and support Very high disk usage in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; *Confused What's happening guys, I've decided to finally let the experts assist me since I've been really yanking my nerves and wasting time on maybe... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by Rooby pls, Feb 12, 2016.

1. Rooby pls Win User

Very high disk usage

*Confused
    What's happening guys,
    I've decided to finally let the experts assist me since I've been really yanking my nerves and wasting time on maybe bad thought solutions.
    Okay so the issue is I'm getting a constant high disk usage without even having anything running
    here's a screenshot of my problem

Very high disk usage [​IMG]

And well, so far I've tried the ''deactivate 'windows search' and 'superfetch''' and it hasn't really done the trick
    Also I resetted my pc yesterday, as of now I'm running a clean install of Windows 10.
    Did the ''turn off notifications from Windows''
    and really nothing, I've also defrag quite some times with Defraggler and DiskDefrag and nothing.

Could you guys lend me a hand? I really need this laptop for school.
    Thanks for reading

*EDIT* It's a problem since my system is acting very unresponsive and some times freeze of applications occur

:)

Rooby pls, Feb 12, 2016

2. HELP! RuntimeBroker.exe is crippling my laptop!

I actually did that but still had the issue come up which is why I disabled Live tiles as a precaution. The symptoms I have seen are slightly different than everyone else mostly consisting of 100% disk usage but did have very high CPU usage at first before
    I disabled the Show me tips about Windows option. After that it was just high hard disk usage but disabling the tiles has helped a bit at least for now. I am still watching the hard disk and memory usage but so far it is at least stable.

Edit: It crashed again after 45 minutes, the problem is still occurring no matter what I try

Edit2: It is now crashing at least once an hour because of the high hard disk usage

NicholasMoon, Feb 12, 2016
  3. Kapil Arya MVP, Feb 12, 2016
  4. Rooby pls Win User

Very high disk usage

Ok, so guys
    I'm going to go buy a new hard drive, maybe even a SSD
    do you think I'm doing a good thing?
    Over some tests/scans by hard drive health status I got a similar factor each, which is that my hard drive has ''bad sectors'' and also has a bad health, here's a screenshot:

Very high disk usage [​IMG]

also I'm already downloading Windows 10 and creating a USB installation stick

I REAAAAALLY need someone to reply

Rooby pls, Feb 12, 2016
  5. WHS
    whs Win User
  6. Eblim Win User
    Yeah I wish I had an SSD for my OS. I use a 7200RPM 1TB HD for my OS and 7200RPM 3TB for my games and an external HD for my media. It's not horrible, but only having a single drive, because you have a laptop, SSD is probably the best way to go. They aren't cheap and their storage is much lower than a HDD, but it's 10x faster transfer speed and doesn't require a "spin-up" time.

Eblim, Feb 13, 2016
  7. Rooby pls Win User
    Ended up acquiring a 256gb Kingston SSD, it just flies, thanks for everything.
    As it turns out my hard drive was the one giving me trobule, have a good one *Smile

Rooby pls, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

Very high disk usage

1. Very high disk usage - Similar Threads - Very high disk

2. high disk usage

in Windows 10 Gaming
    high disk usage: I am facing high disk usage problems after upgrading to windows 11. PC health check said that my hardware is compatible and my hard drive has around 200 GB free space left on C drive....
  3. High Disk Usage

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    High Disk Usage: Hello, I have a Dell Inspiron 15 3576 with the following build Intel core i3 7th Gen1TB Toshiba MQ01ABD100 HDD12 GB RAMI had two other issues regarding long startup time and high disk usage by SYSTEM process. They were solved with help from the Microsoft Community...
  4. Very high disk usage on startup

Very high disk usage on startup: Hi... I'm using windows 10 home and I'm having a problem of very high disk usage... Idling at 100% until I use other applications and games.I also noticed that 'System' and 'Sysmain' causes the usage and sometimes 'Windows cryptographic service' and some other windows...
  5. High Disk Usage

High Disk Usage: My disk usage is 100% during startup making it unusable which settles down after like 5 mins. After it settles down and i open an application disk usage again skyrockets to 100% which settles down ultimately. I have tried every method online without any luck....
  6. High Disk Usage

High Disk Usage: The Disk usage is almost always 100%. I am unable to do work. Please help. I have windows 10 on Dell inspiron 5559. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/high-disk-usage/9f934320-7fb2-4015-b1ff-d75bb14a50cb
  7. High Disk Usage

High Disk Usage: hi, i am using windows 10 home, version 2004. i am having high disk usage problem for about a week. even when not using, it is 100%. But,in Task manager, under DISK column, there running "svchost", Tiworker, system. how can these 3 items cause 100% usage? btw, i ran chkdsk,...
  8. Ram and disk usage up to very high usage in windows 10

Ram and disk usage up to very high usage in windows 10: Been like this for a few weeks now. Before then, everything was fine. disk usage up to 100% and ram high when playing Minecraft even... unplayable. Sure there's no malware and my hdd seems to be healthy. Thinking of buying an ssd. I have 8gb DDR4 ram, GTX 1060 3gb, Ryzen 5...
  9. High Disk Usage

High Disk Usage: Hi, Every Mon. AM ( When I turn on the computer) my computer is very slow. When I check the Task Manager>Processes it is "System" which is causing the computer to barely work. The Disk usage is 49-50%. This lasts for 10-15 min. & then doesn't happen until the next week....
  10. Dell G3 15 Disk usage very high

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Dell G3 15 Disk usage very high: i just got the dell g3 15 laptop and yet it is running very laggy. disk usage is running very high when i got the computer. i tried ways to make it down but its not working. i have returned the computer once and got another one and still have the same problem. at the...