Windows 10: Very high memory usage by "system"

Discus and support Very high memory usage by "system" in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; Hi all. Im having an issue with my "System" Screenshot by Lightshot This is after 30-60min of having the computer running. Late last night it was... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by l1nuxfre4k, Aug 8, 2015.

1. Very high memory usage by "system"

Hi all.
    Im having an issue with my "System"
    Screenshot by Lightshot
    This is after 30-60min of having the computer running.
    Late last night it was at almost 6GB!!
    wtf is going on?
    i had Killer Networking - Home those drivers for me e2200 network card, but installed generic once because ive seen that the killer drivers leak ram.
    But this shit is still happening *Sad

Suggestions how i can diagnos this?
    Only thing that helps atm is reboot... and that just helps for a short while

:)

l1nuxfre4k, Aug 8, 2015

2. High memory usage WIndows 10.

I have this same issue but its high Memory/RAM usage not CPU usage. My top memory usage is "System" and sometimes I'll get up to 97% usage and just have to restart this happens probably once a day. I can't run Photoshop on my PC at all because it spikes
    to 100% usage and crashes.

SylessNecole, Aug 8, 2015
  3. Unexplained High Memory Usage

Do you have "Task Manager" screenshots about the high memory usage?

Szőgyényi Gábor, Aug 8, 2015
  4. Very high memory usage by "system"

TairikuOkami, Aug 8, 2015
  5. l1nuxfre4k, Aug 8, 2015
  6. Did you ever get an answer to this as I have similar problems. Can get to the point of nearly 100% RAM usage after a few hours. I'm using Killer Network driver, do you really think that is a problem?

glenmorangie, Aug 9, 2015
  7. Dude Win User
    I have the same nic. I use just the driver and not the software. My MB is MSI and they offer the download that way. Check yours, Gigabybyte it looks like from you pic and see if they offer just the driver.

Very high memory usage by "system" [​IMG]

Dude, Aug 9, 2015
  8. Very high memory usage by "system"

Thanks for that, I think that you have hit it on the head. It appears that running Killer Network drivers together with Windows Network Data Usage Monitor (Ndu) causes the problem. I have stopped Ndu but will try your suggestion as well. Memory usage is still around 25% after 2+ hours of Utorrent open.
    One for Microsoft to bug fix I think

glenmorangie, Aug 9, 2015
  9. Dude Win User
    Good to hear it helped you. One of the first things I researched when getting my MB. Decided right away to nix that software and just use the driver.

10. l1nuxfre4k, Aug 12, 2015
  11. l1nuxfre4k, Aug 13, 2015
  12. Screenshot by Lightshot these services are the once used.
    but it seems i need all of them from what i can find out online?

l1nuxfre4k, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

Very high memory usage by "system"

1. Very high memory usage by "system" - Similar Threads - Very high memory

2. Very high memory usage in Windows 11 22H2

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Very high memory usage in Windows 11 22H2: I have a Windows 11 22H2 10.0.22621.675 installation that is consuming all the RAM just sitting idle. It's a virtual machine on a QNAP TVS-872XT running QuTS 5.0.0.2120, with Virtualization Station 3.6.39. I'm using pass through for the CPU with 4 cores i5-8400T 6 core and...
  3. Very high memory usage in Windows 11 22H2

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Very high memory usage in Windows 11 22H2: I have a Windows 11 22H2 10.0.22621.675 installation that is consuming all the RAM just sitting idle. It's a virtual machine on a QNAP TVS-872XT running QuTS 5.0.0.2120, with Virtualization Station 3.6.39. I'm using pass through for the CPU with 4 cores i5-8400T 6 core and...
  4. Potential Memory Leak? Very high RAM usage

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Potential Memory Leak? Very high RAM usage: Recently my computer has basically become unusable. It is extremely slow. I looked at the task manager and saw that my PC is using 98% of its RAM, this is at the desktop where I am literally doing nothing and seems to happen every time I turn my PC on. As far as I am aware,...
  5. Very high dwm memory usage

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Very high dwm memory usage: How do I fix this problem of DWM getting high usage of RAM whenever I leave my laptop hanging for awhile.[IMG] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/very-high-dwm-memory-usage/cea2b371-9373-4183-9a95-f09a4072e800
  6. Vmmem CPU and memory usage are very high

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Vmmem CPU and memory usage are very high: Hi. My laptop is a Dell i7 with 16M running on Windows is 10 Home Edition uptodated, which is constantly overwhelmed by this one process vmmem, which consumes, on a regular basis, 6-7MB of RAM, but it escalates up to 12MB and I just can't tell why. This issue started very...
  7. Very high memory usage, no programs open

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Very high memory usage, no programs open: Task manager claims that 95% or more of my ram is being used, but the values for each program adds up to under a gigabyte. Any help? submitted by /u/Currall04 [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/gv9fos/very_high_memory_usage_no_programs_open/
  8. System and Compressed Memory (High memory usage)

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    System and Compressed Memory (High memory usage): Hello there, I am here today as I have had a problem with System and Compressed Memory since I installed Windows 10 back in December of 2015. Now keep in mind, this isn't a normal issue, as I have yet to actually find anything in regards to what to do to fix this. (I have...
  9. Laptop Freezing, CPU Usage and Memory Very High

Laptop Freezing, CPU Usage and Memory Very High: Hiya! I hope that this is in the right place, but... can someone help me? I've been having issues with my Toshiba laptop since, day one. I, obviously, had Windows 8.1 when I got this laptop, which was 6 months ago, just after Xmas and that had problems. Lagging whenever...
  10. Very high physical memory usage with nothing open

Very high physical memory usage with nothing open: msconfig - disable all 3rd party software startups ramMap, file explorer, nothing looks fishy scanned system with ESET, malwarebytes, hitman clean system with advanced system care and CC cleaner. nothing helps a bit just cant figure out what is eating up my rams,...