Windows 10: Very little Bass in latest update

Discus and support Very little Bass in latest update in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Got the April update recently, and have been mucking around with the settings to try and fix it, but I can't seem to get any of them to get it back to... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by lopeden, Jul 14, 2018.

1. lopeden Win User

Very little Bass in latest update

Got the April update recently, and have been mucking around with the settings to try and fix it, but I can't seem to get any of them to get it back to normal. Updating the audio drivcers through my nVidia card helped a little, but nothing else changed anything. I'm using two different headphones to tes this, but both of them go through an aux port, not a usb, if that matters. I just don't know what else to try at this point.

:)

lopeden, Jul 14, 2018
  2. NikJames Win User

Gigabyte 990FXA-UD3 (Realtek) - No bass/sub-woofer

• Speaker Setup plays all speakers fine
    • Applications do not play any bass through subwoofer (or really, at all)
    • Custom built PC using Gigabyte 990FXA-UD3 motherboard onboard audio.
    • Windows 10 fresh install
    • Tried latest driver from Gigabyte, Realtek, and Microsoft
    • Windows "default" driver does play bass through sub-woofer, but audio stutters and is quiet.

Not sure what else is relevant to mention; I've tried following various posts with suggestions to fix this, with no success. I've been at this for quite a few hours and am very frustrated.

Please let me know if you have any questions, or suggestions on how to resolve

NikJames, Jul 14, 2018
  3. Bass settings gone after latest Windows Update

Thank you for your immediate detailed answer. I'm a little overwhelmed by all the information.

I have a question about "rolling back drivers"

What does that mean?

Try rolling back the sound driver in Device Manager reached by right clicking the Start Menu. Choose Sound controller device, then Driver tab, then Roll back if available.

That was a little too fast for me.

I dont think this is a bug or a problem with the system. Its just that I changed the Bass settings before this update, and after this update the settings have been reverted and I cannot change them anymore because

Sounds>Playback>"Speakers">Properties>Enhancements

doesnt feature "bass boost" anymore since the update.

And thus the sound is terrible and even hurts in my ears, because it is so shrill.

Thanks for all the advise still. I will go through the steps.

Do you know any way to get the bass boost feature back, or potentially an equalizer (like I had it on my old PC and the one Wilfredo_Soto is describing)

Thanks again for your immediate help.

Best Whishes

ValeWeber2, Jul 14, 2018
  4. Very little Bass in latest update

No Bass after Updating

Just downloaded (12/20/15) latest Windows 10 updates. The sound from the speakers has virtually no bass whatsoever. Tried altering the bass levels on Windows Media Player sound equalizer, but this had 0 effect on the sound coming from the speakers.

Thanks in advance

Herb Wright, Jul 14, 2018
Thema:

Very little Bass in latest update

1. Very little Bass in latest update - Similar Threads - Very little Bass

2. Mic picking up very little audio

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Mic picking up very little audio: A few days ago I bought a mic to record a video and it's getting a really low audio. So I tried to fix something but it won't work. I'm checking the audio drivers and it doesn't show any problem and the audio bar sound is not getting up. What to do?...
  3. Mic picking up very little audio

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Mic picking up very little audio: A few days ago I bought a mic to record a video and it's getting a really low audio. So I tried to fix something but it won't work. I'm checking the audio drivers and it doesn't show any problem and the audio bar sound is not getting up. What to do?...
  4. Mic picking up very little audio

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Mic picking up very little audio

Mic picking up very little audio: A few days ago while I was recording a video, I found out that the audio was way too low, so I tweaked some settings but nothing worked. Then I opened windows sound setting and the little mic bar thing was barely getting any audio, I reinstalled the drivers, checked the...
  6. Mic picking up very little audio

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Mic picking up very little audio: A few days ago while I was recording a video, I found out that the audio was way too low, so I tweaked some settings but nothing worked. Then I opened windows sound setting and the little mic bar thing was barely getting any audio, I reinstalled the drivers, checked the...
  7. Mic picking up very little audio

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  8. Updated to windows 10, sound is now very muffled and hardly any bass

Updated to windows 10, sound is now very muffled and hardly any bass: I have updated driver, fiddled with lots of settings, nothing has seemed to work and I’m getting worried it sill be stuck like this forever. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/updated-to-windows-10-sound-is-now-very-muffled/5e08f9f7-746f-4064-ae6a-714d5c48ce07
  9. No Bass

No Bass: On a Lenovo y740 laptop running Windows 10 not getting any bass from the internal speakers/subwoofers. After a google search i see that this is a common issue with windows 10. Tried a few suggestions likeuninstalling and reinstalling realtek, installing windows audio driver...
  10. Very little Aero Glass?

in Windows 10 Support
    Very little Aero Glass?: While it seems that while Aero Glass is back as promised, it hardly appears anywhere compared to Vista/7. None of the "Modern UI" style apps in Windows 10 have any hint of it, which I kind of expected, but it's also been taken out of title bars and window borders for...