Windows 10: Very long boot and black screen

Discus and support Very long boot and black screen in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; So recently I have been getting very long boot times, not sure how long as after 20 mins I get bored and walk off. After silly amount of time trying to... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Drexim, Jan 26, 2016.

1. Drexim Win User

Very long boot and black screen

So recently I have been getting very long boot times, not sure how long as after 20 mins I get bored and walk off. After silly amount of time trying to boot it comes to a black screen with a mouse curser. Ctrl + alt + del does not work but I found pressing start + r and typing explorer.exe makes everything work. Any solutions?

I installed some Intel drivers other day while rooting my tablet, maybe this is the issue?

:)

Drexim, Jan 26, 2016

2. Boot time in Windows 10

Why does Windows boot slowly after dual boot with Ubuntu?

I used to use Windows for my work and It used to boot very fast. However, after dual boot with Ubuntu, my windows boot time became very long, it was annoying. I deleted Ubuntu, FORMATED ALL DRIVE, devided partitions, reinstalled
    Windows but it is still not better. FAST BOOT IS ENABLED, no start up app, no firewall, no antivirus.

After windows logo 10 sec, boot is stucked in black screen 10 sec, and no background image in login screen
    (My laptop used to boot just in 8 sec before dual boot)

Bui Manh Thang, Jan 26, 2016
  3. alecim Win User
    10 minutes to boot Windows 10

I upgraded my Dell Latitude 5540 from windows 7 to Windows 10. Everything seemed to go well. It now takes 10 minutes to boot my pc. The logo appears, then a black screen for a very long time, with little or no disk activity for 10 minutes, then it starts
    disk access and I get to the login screen. After login operation seems ok. What could be causing such a slowww boot?

alecim, Jan 26, 2016
  4. Drexim Win User

Update: I uninstalled all the drivers I installed for the tablet root. Still an insanely long boot time. I noticed that leaving the black screen for some time and it eventually loads up without having to do the Explorer.exe solution. Any ideas to what could be causing this sudden decrease in boot time?

Drexim, Jan 27, 2016
Thema:

1. Very long boot and black screen - Similar Threads - Very long boot

2. Long black screen before starts to boot

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Long black screen before starts to boot: My problem is that a computer, after restart, shows a black screen for 109 seconds, then it starts to boot, which only takes 15 seconds.It is a long story of how I got to this point, but I reinstalled Windows 10, taking the factory reset, to try to fix it, but that didn't fix...
  3. Long black screen before starts to boot

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Long black screen before starts to boot: My problem is that a computer, after restart, shows a black screen for 109 seconds, then it starts to boot, which only takes 15 seconds.It is a long story of how I got to this point, but I reinstalled Windows 10, taking the factory reset, to try to fix it, but that didn't fix...
  4. Long black screen before starts to boot

in Windows 10 Customization
  5. Very Long Boot Cycle

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Very Long Boot Cycle: i have two systems, one running Win 10 64 bit, the other Win 10 32 bit. The 64 bit system boots quickly; the 32 bit system very slow. Both systems have SSD for Windows. On the 32 bit system after POST once the Windows boot window appears, the rotating busy icon turns for a...
  6. long boot time, w/black screen

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    long boot time, w/black screen: this is in regards to my Lenovo laptop (which lve added specs to on my profile) recently upgraded to the 2004 feature update OS build 19041-450, now granted prior to this my system was slow to start, ended up turning off fastboot which sped things up slightly (as l did have a...
  7. Unusually long black screen on boot before log-in screen

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Unusually long black screen on boot before log-in screen: Two days ago I had a total system crash, my entire OS froze and I was forced to turn off the machine. Ever since then when booting there is a black screen that hangs for about 8 seconds, then everything proceeds as normal. I wouldn't be so bothered if the OS was installed...
  8. Long Black Screen before Boot

Long Black Screen before Boot: Excellent. Yes Brink's tutorial provide a lot of information.
  9. Windows is taking very long to boot to login screen

Windows is taking very long to boot to login screen: I have Win 10 x64 Pro and this is on a new PC and a fresh install using UEFI option to install Windows. Initially the PC would start up lighting fast (at the login screen in no more than 10 seconds, maybe less), but it has suddenly become very slow. It's not the BIOS, as I...
  10. long boot time with black screen

long boot time with black screen: my asus laptop k53br taking long time during boot up. I have dual graphic card installed amd redeon hd 6310 and amd redeon 7400. During boot up after showing logo black sceen splashes it remain black for 2 mintues. windows 10 auto install drivers. I have tried amd autocheck...