Windows 10: Very long boot and black screen

Discus and support Very long boot and black screen in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; So recently I have been getting very long boot times, not sure how long as after 20 mins I get bored and walk off. After silly amount of time trying to... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Drexim, Jan 26, 2016.

1. Drexim Win User

Very long boot and black screen

So recently I have been getting very long boot times, not sure how long as after 20 mins I get bored and walk off. After silly amount of time trying to boot it comes to a black screen with a mouse curser. Ctrl + alt + del does not work but I found pressing start + r and typing explorer.exe makes everything work. Any solutions?

I installed some Intel drivers other day while rooting my tablet, maybe this is the issue?

:)

Drexim, Jan 26, 2016

2. Boot time in Windows 10

Why does Windows boot slowly after dual boot with Ubuntu?

I used to use Windows for my work and It used to boot very fast. However, after dual boot with Ubuntu, my windows boot time became very long, it was annoying. I deleted Ubuntu, FORMATED ALL DRIVE, devided partitions, reinstalled
    Windows but it is still not better. FAST BOOT IS ENABLED, no start up app, no firewall, no antivirus.

After windows logo 10 sec, boot is stucked in black screen 10 sec, and no background image in login screen
    (My laptop used to boot just in 8 sec before dual boot)

Bui Manh Thang, Jan 26, 2016
  3. alecim Win User
    10 minutes to boot Windows 10

I upgraded my Dell Latitude 5540 from windows 7 to Windows 10. Everything seemed to go well. It now takes 10 minutes to boot my pc. The logo appears, then a black screen for a very long time, with little or no disk activity for 10 minutes, then it starts
    disk access and I get to the login screen. After login operation seems ok. What could be causing such a slowww boot?

alecim, Jan 26, 2016
  4. Drexim Win User

Update: I uninstalled all the drivers I installed for the tablet root. Still an insanely long boot time. I noticed that leaving the black screen for some time and it eventually loads up without having to do the Explorer.exe solution. Any ideas to what could be causing this sudden decrease in boot time?

Drexim, Jan 27, 2016
Thema:

1. Very long boot and black screen - Similar Threads - Very long boot

2. Black screen on boot

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Black screen on boot: When I try to boot up my pc, it goes straight to a black screen, no display whatsoever. I've tried restarting it 3 times in a row. The closest I've got was mashing F12 which gave me a few beeps then nothing. What else can I do?...
  3. Black screen at booting

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Black screen at booting: I have a Samsung laptop. I had Windows 10 for about 2 weeks and everything was fine until last week. When I press the power button, the Windows 10 icon appears with the loading icon. After that, I'm getting a black screen for about 3 minutes then my login screen appears and...
  4. Screen Very Grainy With Black Pixles

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    Screen Very Grainy With Black Pixles: Not sure if this is my monitor, or graphics card, but whenever black pixels are displayed on my screen (except for in photoshop for some reason) the resolution and quality looks terrible. Even on the windows login screen, the black looks like something from a 2006 240p...
  5. Boot up getting very slow, strange black screen

Boot up getting very slow, strange black screen: My 4 week old new machine started off very fast boot and now keeps getting slower and slower. My 1Tb drive is only 2% occupied, barely filled On start up, after bios post screen, I now get a black screen with white horizontal cursors dancing around on it. After that stops...
  6. Long boot start / black screen before login WIN10

Long boot start / black screen before login WIN10: Hello, today I updated Windows 7 to 10 . After configuring the system, I decided to restart it. During startup, the Windows logo is displayed for about 5 seconds, then black screen for half a minute ... which is pretty damn annoying. Then login screen (automatic login ) and...
  7. Long Black Screen before Boot

Long Black Screen before Boot: Excellent. Yes Brink's tutorial provide a lot of information.
  8. Windows is taking very long to boot to login screen

Windows is taking very long to boot to login screen: I have Win 10 x64 Pro and this is on a new PC and a fresh install using UEFI option to install Windows. Initially the PC would start up lighting fast (at the login screen in no more than 10 seconds, maybe less), but it has suddenly become very slow. It's not the BIOS, as I...
  9. long boot time with black screen

long boot time with black screen: my asus laptop k53br taking long time during boot up. I have dual graphic card installed amd redeon hd 6310 and amd redeon 7400. During boot up after showing logo black sceen splashes it remain black for 2 mintues. windows 10 auto install drivers. I have tried amd autocheck...
  10. Black screen boot

in Windows 10 Support
    Black screen boot: Went to restart my computer and when I did and rebooted it it went to a loading screen with the circle balls going around. It then goes to another loading the same thing. Then it goes to a black screen where I can move the mouse. I tried using the space and ctrl tricks to...