Windows 10: Very long time to restart!

Discus and support Very long time to restart! in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Hi all, I'm having this issue since I upgraded to Win 10: when I click restart, my laptop becomes stuck on the restart screen for ages, even the hard... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by shotta287, Aug 8, 2015.

1. shotta287 Win User

Very long time to restart!

Hi all,
    I'm having this issue since I upgraded to Win 10: when I click restart, my laptop becomes stuck on the restart screen for ages, even the hard drive doesn't show any signs of activity. Its only after like 15 mins or so the hard drive comes into life and the computer turns off. What could be causing this?Normal shut down and hibernate aren't affected.

:)

shotta287, Aug 8, 2015
  2. auggy Win User

Restarting takes very long time. Very long time to restart! :(

Try a "clean boot" and see if it makes a difference:

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/kb/929135

If a clean boot does resolve the issue there is a section in the article "How to determine what is causing the problem by performing a clean boot".

Reset the computer to start normally afterward.

auggy, Aug 8, 2015
  3. ArunG1 Win User
    Restarting takes very long time. Very long time to restart! :(

Help me

ArunG1, Aug 8, 2015
  4. Gary Win User

When you upgraded did you remove you AV program?

Gary, Aug 8, 2015
  5. shotta287 Win User
    I only had Windows Defender. I think the problems down to a driver or service not stopping so the OS cannot reboot. Is there any way of identifying this?

shotta287, Aug 8, 2015
  6. Bazz Win User
    Yes you can open a cmd and enter

wevtutil qe Microsoft-Windows-Diagnostics-Performance/Operational /f:text > %userprofile%\Desktop\Event.txt

That will give you a text file on your desktop that you can view, it identified a shut down problem I had on windows 7.

Look for This application caused a delay in the system shut down process:

Bazz, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

1. Very long time to restart! - Similar Threads - Very long restart

2. Why does Windows 10 restarting for a very long time?

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Why does Windows 10 restarting for a very long time?: My Windows 10 pro has been restarting for more than 1 hour and even now it has not completed this process I clicked restart in the start menu https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/why-does-windows-10-restarting-for-a-very-long/346080ac-332f-4874-ac6a-e290706e23f0
  3. Why does Windows 10 restarting for a very long time?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why does Windows 10 restarting for a very long time?: My Windows 10 pro has been restarting for more than 1 hour and even now it has not completed this process I clicked restart in the start menu https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/why-does-windows-10-restarting-for-a-very-long/346080ac-332f-4874-ac6a-e290706e23f0
  4. Why does Windows 10 restarting for a very long time?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Extra long Shutdown and restart time

Extra long Shutdown and restart time: As subject says, my shutdown and restart time has extended a lot. It basicly gets stuck on the "Restarting" screen for 2-3min. Installed new parts to my PC last week and on the same run, I installed completely new Windows.PC Parts:CPU: AMD Ryzen 5600xMotherboard: ROG Strix...
  6. Extra long Shutdown and restart time

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Extra long Shutdown and restart time: As subject says, my shutdown and restart time has extended a lot. It basicly gets stuck on the "Restarting" screen for 2-3min. Installed new parts to my PC last week and on the same run, I installed completely new Windows.PC Parts:CPU: AMD Ryzen 5600xMotherboard: ROG Strix...
  7. PC takes a long time to restart?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    PC takes a long time to restart?: Basically if I use the Restart option it takes a long time for my PC to restart, the keyboard and screen will go off as they should, but instead of kicking back in straight away, they will take about a minute before they come back on and then windows instantly loads. I have...
  8. BSOD DRIVER_POWER_STATE_FAILURE on shutdown/restart and it shutting down for very long time...

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    BSOD DRIVER_POWER_STATE_FAILURE on shutdown/restart and it shutting down for very long time...: hi everyone i recently get bsod everytime i try to shut down/restart my windows. It's display DRIVER_POWER_STATE_FAILURE i managed to locate and analyze the minidump in C:\Windows\minidump with WinDbg, but i dont understand the results of what cause the bsod or something....
  9. RESTART LAPTOP LONG TIME

RESTART LAPTOP LONG TIME: When I'm restart my laptop minimum 3 minutes then showing windows logo. Kindly help me sir/ma'am https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/restart-laptop-long-time/221303e3-b02e-4e2c-baff-63b5ace144f4
  10. Blue screen taking a very long time.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Blue screen taking a very long time.: Hello, I was installing an older version of avast when I got blue screened. Before that I had updated my windows version. Problem is, the blue screen won't go away. It's been about 20mins now. Is there anything I could do?...