Windows 10: Very odd network activity

Discus and support Very odd network activity in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; When I turned on my computer (bottom-end Toshiba laptop) today I got the Welcome screen in reasonable time, but after I pressed Enter to get the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by ColliJim, Dec 16, 2015.

1. ColliJim Win User

Very odd network activity

When I turned on my computer (bottom-end Toshiba laptop) today I got the Welcome screen in reasonable time, but after I pressed Enter to get the password screen I was presented with a black screen with a cursor, and the router's light for the computer started blinking rapidly. This lasted about 5 minutes before I got the password screen.

Was an update being fetched? I really hate it when unusual things happen and there are no messages to explain them.

Then when I was logged in I pressed the Windows-key/E combination to get the File Explorer. I never got its window , but *all* the router's channel lights started blinking rapidly. It looked like something was trying to index my entire network!

After several minutes I removed power thinking I had a nasty. I have not turned it on again, and will not until I have some idea of what was happening.

Any ideas?

I did note the Folder Icon at the bottom of the screen and got File Explorer when I clicked on it, but since the network activity was still there I killed the power.

:)

ColliJim, Dec 16, 2015

2. Windows 10 Anniversary Update Error Code 0x8007042B-0x4000D

Odd, very odd! Windows 10 now shows as activated. What is going on with Microsoft?

Thursdaycat, Dec 16, 2015
  3. Windows 10 Updates stuck at 99% and SkypeSetup.exe fails to download.

Anything found by network troubleshooter from control Panel>troubleshooting?

Well that is a very odd case TBH

Sumit Dhiman2, Dec 16, 2015
  4. Mooly Win User

Why not turn the router off and power up the laptop and see whats what.

(Unless you need the security of a password at login, I find it much better to disable that feature)

Mooly, Dec 16, 2015
Thema:

1. Very odd network activity - Similar Threads - Very odd network

2. Very Odd Crash

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Very Odd Crash: Was on PC, plugging in a cord, when suddenly my computer turned off. Fans and everything were off, only thing still on was the backlight on my motherboard. Tried turning it on but nothing happened. Turned off power supply, unplugged, waited 30 seconds, repluggind, turned on,...
  3. Very Odd Crash

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Very Odd Crash: Was on PC, plugging in a cord, when suddenly my computer turned off. Fans and everything were off, only thing still on was the backlight on my motherboard. Tried turning it on but nothing happened. Turned off power supply, unplugged, waited 30 seconds, repluggind, turned on,...
  4. Very Odd Crash

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. HDR is very odd

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    HDR is very odd: Im using a LG ultragear 1440p HDR monitor and when I enable HDR the screen is more yellow (even whites) and the brightness adjusts automatically based off whats on the screen. I had hulu open on half my monitor and it was full black and I minimized it and everything else got...
  6. Something very odd.

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Something very odd.: I went on my computer and turned on Task Manager and found a process going by "WaasMedic Agent Exe" i don't remember downloading anything yesterday. Is this something bad?[IMG]...
  7. Very odd internet disconnects

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Very odd internet disconnects: Hello everyone and thanks in advance. I am having an issue with my Ethernet internet connection dropping (Windows 10) if i open any game applications that require internet connection. IE, Joining a server, Sitting in a server list waiting for a spot, Leaving a server and...
  8. Very, very odd issue with audio playback

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Very, very odd issue with audio playback: So I've ran into my share of quirky issues with windows 10 thus far, but none as interesting, frustrating, and quirky as this one. I use iPhone 5 Earpods (if that is the correct name), though I don't think that is relevant to the issue here. When I am playing music it...
  9. Odd Network issue

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Odd Network issue: 1 x Desktop and 2 x laptops, 64 bit. Anniversary update done on all 3 machines. I now cannot access one of the laptops - network path not available , error code 0x80070035. Laptop in question has full internet access AND can access both desktop and other laptop via the...
  10. Very Odd Clean Install Problem

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Very Odd Clean Install Problem: Hello - I've been banging my head off the wall trying to work this one out for days.... I have a machine which is base OS Windows 7 Home Premium x64 so I invoked the Upgrade and it activated with Windows 10 absolutely fine. (I used the keep files and apps option). I then...