Windows 10: VERY odd things happening after unsuccessful reset

Discus and support VERY odd things happening after unsuccessful reset in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; So, today I reset my computer with the "wipe the drive" option selected. I left for about 4-5 hours. Came back, still stuck at 2%. Great. I looked at... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by chamber, Jun 8, 2016.

1. chamber Win User

VERY odd things happening after unsuccessful reset

So, today I reset my computer with the "wipe the drive" option selected. I left for about 4-5 hours. Came back, still stuck at 2%. Great. I looked at forums, I just turned the power off, waited a bit, and then turned it on again.
    I then got into a screen that had some options. I (stupidly) clicked on the option that said "Begin Windows 10 Setup" The screen stopped.
    After that it began the dreaded boot loop. No BIOS, would boot up, black screen, reboot again, nothing.
    Strangely after that I took out all of my USB cables and, to my surprise, something happened. I got the, "Keyboard Error" Message, which was good, because it was something. I plugged in my keyboard (Razer Blackwidow Ultimate Chroma)
    and hit F2 for setup.
    It brought me into the CMOS. Now, from this point onwards, I've already screwed up alot of things so I stopped there and came here. ANY help would be very appreciated.

:)

chamber, Jun 8, 2016

2. Internet Explorer won't open and Zune sync doesn't work

The same thing just started happening to me as well. This is very odd.

knicholson, Jun 8, 2016
  3. Windows 10 Icons Keep Rearranging to the left after reboot or restart.

same here...

basically after v1709 and a few updates..

Microsoft Windows [Version 10.0.16299.248]

just happened last week, and then this morning. odd. very odd.

reset my icons to where they belong, locked desktop, and unlocked, and now please stay where you belong. ;-) doh!

AndrewFlagg, Jun 8, 2016
  4. NavyLCDR New Member

Sounds to me like it's time for just a standard clean install. Boot from a Windows 10 installation media (USB flash drive or DVD), select the custom install option, delete each partition on the HDD or SSD, select the resulting unallocated space and click next to install Windows 10 to the unallocated space. Let Windows setup create the partitions it wants to.

Read the pain we went through on this thread, and the solution starting at post #25:
    Solved Laptop booting up with UEFI please help - Windows 10 Forums

NavyLCDR, Jun 8, 2016
  5. chamber Win User
    Okay, so I installed Windows 10 onto the flash drive and plugged it in, set it as my boot drive in CMOS.
    However, it boots, a little line flashes for a little bit, my keyboard's lights shut off, computer shuts off. Boot loop.
    EDITNevermind, I didn't set the flash drive as the primary boot device. Unless anything else, thanks for your help!
    second edit: so it turns out that every single time i'm prompted the "windows needs to restart" thing in the installation, it decides to restart the entire process. before that, it just got stuck at "getting files ready" or something like that, and then it restarted at the language select screen. i don't really know if I've done something wrong.

chamber, Jun 8, 2016
  6. CountMike New Member
    Did you set BIOS to BOOT from disk and not from USB after first restart ?

CountMike, Jun 8, 2016
  7. NavyLCDR New Member
    Or just pull the USB flash drive out and reboot and let Windows setup continue from the hard drive,

NavyLCDR, Jun 8, 2016
  8. chamber Win User

thank you guys so much, its solved!

chamber, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. VERY odd things happening after unsuccessful reset - Similar Threads - VERY odd things

2. Very Odd Crash

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Very Odd Crash: Was on PC, plugging in a cord, when suddenly my computer turned off. Fans and everything were off, only thing still on was the backlight on my motherboard. Tried turning it on but nothing happened. Turned off power supply, unplugged, waited 30 seconds, repluggind, turned on,...
  3. Very Odd Crash

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Very Odd Crash: Was on PC, plugging in a cord, when suddenly my computer turned off. Fans and everything were off, only thing still on was the backlight on my motherboard. Tried turning it on but nothing happened. Turned off power supply, unplugged, waited 30 seconds, repluggind, turned on,...
  4. Very Odd Crash

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. HDR is very odd

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    HDR is very odd: Im using a LG ultragear 1440p HDR monitor and when I enable HDR the screen is more yellow (even whites) and the brightness adjusts automatically based off whats on the screen. I had hulu open on half my monitor and it was full black and I minimized it and everything else got...
  6. Something very odd.

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Something very odd.: I went on my computer and turned on Task Manager and found a process going by "WaasMedic Agent Exe" i don't remember downloading anything yesterday. Is this something bad?[IMG]...
  7. This very weird thing happens to me, WHY?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    This very weird thing happens to me, WHY?: This thing is happening to me, if I hover over an app then move away my cursor, this happens. It stops every time I restart my laptop, my comes back in a bit, it may sound as a small thing, but is blocks words, and isannoying overall. Please If you have a fix tell me, I can't...
  8. Unable to uninstall App after unsuccessful reset

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Unable to uninstall App after unsuccessful reset: Hi there, I recently attempted to reset an App (The Outer Worlds) from the Microsoft Store. I had installed it and played for several hours, but it had trouble launching suddenly so I attempted to reset it. The reset attempt appears not to have worked. It removed the App...
  9. odd thing has happened

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    odd thing has happened: on a friend laptop a new keyboard language appeared and its unnecessary so when attempting removing it i went on the language setting but the language wasn't there she didn't installed it appeared after she was reading info site about India how to remove the language if...
  10. Odd thing that happens with my computer,

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Odd thing that happens with my computer,: Greetings, So I am experiencing a problem with my computer which happens after a restart. This is what happens https://drive.google.com/file/d/136VCy6-5hs09CPemtdM80Emzq8K1bHmy/view?usp=sharing This has be happening for awhile. It will do as the video shows for awhile,...