Windows 10: Very Serious Bug In Windows 10

Discus and support Very Serious Bug In Windows 10 in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Please read thoroughly. There's been this serious bug in Windows 10 sense the RTM release last year. I am currently on version 1511 (OS Build 10586.71)... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Nikorasu, Feb 1, 2016.

1. Nikorasu Win User

Very Serious Bug In Windows 10

Please read thoroughly. There's been this serious bug in Windows 10 sense the RTM release last year. I am currently on version 1511 (OS Build 10586.71) Windows 10 Pro x64 and the bug is still there. I tried calling Microsoft numerous of times to report the bug, but they weren't helpful at all. I even asked to speak to a developer, but they said I needed a subscription, which costs money. They also refused to let me talk to a level 2 or 3 technician unless they try to fix the issue there selves. I don't need anyone remote accessing my computer. I am in IT and have tons of certifications, and fixed plenty of PC's. In all my life in the IT field I never had a bigger problem with an OS then Windows 10! Anyways the bug is with the program "Runtime Broker". The problem is that the Start Menu, Cortana, Microsoft Edge, Action Center wont open when I click them, I cant even access the Immersive Control Panel because the action center doesn't open, this happens randomly. . If I click either of them they do nothing. Only way to get past the bug is to end the process "Runtime Broker" or sign out or restart the computer. I tried numerous troubleshooting steps including sfc/ scannow but nothing was corrupted. I also used the command "DISM /Online /Cleanup-Image /RestoreHealth" but it also didn't solve the problem, the bug would eventually resurface. I also did the Powershell command "Get-AppXPackage -AllUsers | Foreach {Add-AppxPackage -DisableDevelopmentMode -Register "$($_.InstallLocation)\AppXManifest.xml"}" but it just caused a bigger problem where all the Windows 10 Apps became broken. I done an in place upgrade, and numerous clean installs of Windows 10 on my desktop, over about 10 times, and am not clean installing again *Sad, because the bug with the "Start Menu, Cortana, Action Center, Microsoft Edge" not opening eventually resurfaces. Again the only why to get all these four things to work again is to end the process "Runtime Broker", signout or restart the computer. And again the problem eventually resurfaces. I have a very strong felling the issue is "Runtime Broker", why else when I end the process does all four things, "Start Menu, Cortana, Microsoft Edge, ActionCenter" work again??? Am not the only one who is having this issue. Microsoft needs to fix this bug! *Mad
    By the way, I don't have any anti virus software installed such as Avast, so that's not the problem. Also this ain't the same type of problem where some people would get the error "CRITICAL ERROR - Start Menu and CORTANA aren't working. We'll try to fix it the next time you sign in. SIGN OUT NOW", I don't get this error, or any error for that matter.

:)

Nikorasu, Feb 1, 2016
  2. n6220c Win User

6220 Classic -- A very obvious and serious bug in the Clock application

I just updated my 6220 Classic to the latest firmware using Nokia Software Updater. The Clock application's new version has a very obvious and serious bug -- the fact that it's so obvious makes it even more serious.

The problem:

-------------------

The Clock application's location database lists Hanoi, Vietnam in the GMT 0:00 timezone (it should be GMT +7:00). So if I set my local timezone to Hanoi, Vietnam (this is where I live now) the World Clock function would not work correctly.

More info:

---------------

1/ Nokia Software Updater checked my 6620 Classic, and said it had firmware ver 4.xx (I don't remember exactly). The Updater then checked its server, let me know that there's ver 5.xx available for my phone, and asked if I wanted to update. I said "Yes",
    and the update finnished successfully.

2/ The Clock was ok in the original firmware version.

My question:

-------------------

1/ Is there a way to fix this myself?

2/ Is there a Nokia official bug tracking system where I can report the bug?

Thanks for your assistance

n6220c, Feb 1, 2016
  3. 6220 Classic -- A very obvious and serious bug in the Clock application

simple choose another city with the same timezone for example choose Bangkok and I am sure many other cities have +7 you can select

likeitlikethat, Feb 1, 2016
  4. Hydranix Win User

I'll try, but...

You can report bugs via the feedback app. Calling them will not do any good to report a bug.

Windows developers are very busy, and get paid a lot. That money should be going to developing Windows, not supporting people over the phone.

If you want people to devote their valuable time to helping you, don't call Microsoft, first explore public forums. Like this one. Only once you're ready to pay to have someone deal with your problem should you seek out someone who is paid to help. Otherwise you'll get what you pay for.

So if you're better than them, why are you seeking their help? If you want them to help you, follow their standard protocol.

You must not have worked in IT during the Windows XP years, or had to deal with hell that was supporting a company which jumped the gun to Windows Server 2008 (R1)...

This should have been the first paragraph of the post. Why did you ask us to "Read thoroughly" when the first third of this post is a rant about phone support?

Runtime_Broker.exe is the process that deals with Windows runtime apps. (Like things you listed that aren't working right)

Check for any 3rd party apps you have installed and systematically remove them. If the problem disappears, you know which app was causing problems.

Use the old control panel in the mean time.
    [WinKey] + [R]
    type: "control"
    press [Enter]

That powershell command is a bad idea to run.

Issues like these are rarely ever the fault of the system, usually it's the user. If it is the system, it typically gets fixed quickly. I would do a clean instal, and then pay very close attention to the way I use windows. If you're installing something, or granting admin access to a process, make sure you know what its doing. You're a tech after all.

Flipping the circuit breaker in your house will also temporarily solve your problem, doesn't mean its the circuit breaker causing the problem.

They do if the bug is in their software. It could very well be caused by some 3rd party application or even your computer's hardware.

Check your event log. I'll bet you have errors.

Hydranix, Feb 1, 2016
  5. WHS
    whs Win User
    I would call the Microsoft headquarter and ask for a case manager. Then you can handle it thru him/her.

6. Posted by Hydranix
    I agree with you there when XP first came out it had more bugs than my back yard
    I was always online trying to help others
    Or going to their houses to try and help sort that OS out
    Windows 10 is no where near as bad as that OS
    I helped run a forum for XP and I remember in one week we helped over 1000 members sort out the bugs etc

hTconeM9user, Feb 1, 2016
  7. windows 10 is much better than any previous version of windows.... only change I would like to see is it be build on a unix core like apples os x I. it would make it much more stable and faster

pitbullpup, Feb 1, 2016
  8. Very Serious Bug In Windows 10

That would require an end to Windows and a total recreation from the ground up. It would also force every hardware manufacturer and software developer to change the way they create products for "Windows". Apple's OSX isn't faster or more stable than Windows. It also isn't more secure.

DeaconFrost, Feb 1, 2016
  9. LMiller7 Win User
    Microsoft takes bug reports very seriously but they must be reported through proper channels and using proper procedures. This is vital with large programming projects and many millions of users. Windows 10 is the product of teams of programmers that work in their own areas of expertise. Windows is too large for any individual to fully understand. Only by following proper procedures can bugs be routed to the proper team with established priority. Any attempt to bypass established procedure would be highly disruptive to the developers work and must be rejected.

LMiller7, Feb 1, 2016
  10. snoopy51 Win User
    Nikorasu:

Can you share more detailed information on how you to come to the conclusion that RunTime Broker is the problem?

We had another discussion on Runtime Broker:

Runtime Broker Process

But I am not sure about your problem!

snoopy51, Feb 1, 2016
  11. WHS
    whs Win User
    And safer

12. Hydranix Win User
    QFT...

But seriously, the differences between *nix (Unix, Linux, BSD, etc) and NT (Windows NT/2000 to 10) run much deeper than just the way the kernel is written. (assuming that's what you mean by "unix core")

The difference are so deep that the very philosophy of the way the system should even be thought about in one's mind is incomparable.

Even developing applications for the two is philosophically different..

(These are my own interpretations, and have been influenced by legendary programmers from both sides)

Unix: Write programs that one thing and do it well. Further, write programs which work well with other programs. To accomplish this, use text streams for everything, and only when that proves impossible consider other options.

Windows: Write programs for the user, not other programmers. It's always good to simplify or reduce the complexity of accomplishing a task, even if slightly expending flexibility. Including multiple paths to accomplish the same task is encouraged to satisfy diverse workflows. Always write a GUI, and only if that proves redundant consider CLI.

Windows does sorta kinda have a POSIX subsystem, despite it being a crippled abortion of anything compliant to the POSIX standard. That's probably as close as you'll ever get I'm afraid.

Hydranix, Feb 11, 2016
  13. Very Serious Bug In Windows 10

More stable -- Really??

I guess you haven't read the news about folks iPhone 6s getting bricked simply because they had them repaired -- this is a class action lawsuit in progress against Apple.

OR ... how the iOS 9 update brings problems with it -- so many that there are website with tips for dealing with the "top 23" of those problems. One report even stated that Apple's Support Community website was "flooded" with posts from customers who complained that the latest update for iPads and iPhones break the gadgets instead of fixing them.

Doesn't sound like it's "more stable" to me!

Mark Phelps, Feb 11, 2016
  14. WHS
    whs Win User
    All these new systems are teething. That's why I prefer to stay on systems that are a generation older. Those have acquired a certain maturity level.

Thema:

1. Very Serious Bug In Windows 10 - Similar Threads - Very Serious Bug

2. Windows 10 serious bug

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Windows 10 serious bug: I am facing an issue in which I was having a bluetooth driver update 2 days ago on windows update while the driver was downloading I by mistake paused my updates and when I resumed them the bluetooth driver update was no more. Then I rushed to windows update history the...
  3. Windows 10 serious bug

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 10 serious bug: I am facing an issue in which I was having a bluetooth driver update 2 days ago on windows update while the driver was downloading I by mistake paused my updates and when I resumed them the bluetooth driver update was no more. Then I rushed to windows update history the...
  4. Windows 10 serious bug

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Found serious Bug in microsoft Windows 10

in Windows 10 Customization
    Found serious Bug in microsoft Windows 10: Hi Microsoft, my setting language still remain to Chinese Language even change everything to English. Look at my desktop its already English. License: Windows 10 ProVersion: 2004Build: 19041.508...
  6. Very weird but serious problem

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Very weird but serious problem: My gaming computer is a year old and now its slow and deleting files.Files that I created are deleted, the files that I deleted came back...I created two bait text files to see if it would do the same and it did. Text files were gone. I also deleted two pictures to see if...
  7. wuausrv Windows Update service serious bug?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    wuausrv Windows Update service serious bug?: So, I did the usual thing of running through updates once a weekish like I normally do. Included in that was KB4535996 back when it was new. And now ever since then, even after uninstalling the update, I have this issue whenever Windows Update wants to reach out during Active...
  8. A very serious question

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    A very serious question: ok I have a real problem I use both Microsoft and android I downloaded an app called N-Track 9 on my android but its not available on Microsoft but Microsoft do have the N-Track guitar tuner which I find crazy. ow can you have a plugin for the app but not the app itself?...
  9. Serious Bug In Windows 10

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Serious Bug In Windows 10: There's been this serious bug in Windows 10 sense the RTM release last year. I am currently on version 1511 (OS Build 10586.71) Windows 10 Pro x64 and the bug is still there. I tried calling Microsoft numerous of times to report the bug, but they weren't helpful at all. I...
  10. Serious bug in Windows

in Windows 10 Support
    Serious bug in Windows: I have noticed a serious bug in Windows. It's happened before but I didn't know why. Now I think I do! This happened today on all three of our machines. All were left on a while, idle enough time for Windows defender to do some kind of background auto scan. After I went to...